Presidential Debate #2

B-Man

Doing the same thing since I met you, including process improvement, mobile enterprise...workflow, basically what I always do, just using the newest stuff...(which is what I always do..WTF :bag:). San Antonio is ballsy. Actually, I might end up moving down your way next year. It's on the list anyway. But, I am trying to hold off making any decisions for as long as possible, due to laziness, and being so bored with the entire process.

IIRC, you were Poly Sci, and now, it's IT stuff?

Hehehe...no wonder your political views have changed. :lol:

lol, I'll PM ya.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obama lied about calling Benghazi a terrorist act the day after it happened, and when Romney called him on it, the moderator confirmed Obama's lie, which is bad for both because there is video proving thelie. Unfortunately for Obama (and CNN and its moderator) this will be a big part of the narrative this week. Obama lied and the mod backed him up, and that is your takeaway.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/cnns_candy_crowley_romney_was_actually_right_on_libya.html

I feel like she killed his momentum a bit.

She gave him his best moment of the night. This is possibly the single most egregious incident of moderator misconduct in modern history. I hope she enjoyed moderating this debate b/c it will be her last.

Obama lied about calling Benghazi a terrorist act the day after it happened, and when Romney called him on it, the moderator confirmed Obama's lie, which is bad for both because there is video proving thelie. Unfortunately for Obama (and CNN and its moderator) this will be a big part of the narrative this week. Obama lied and the mod backed him up, and that is your takeaway.

What is lost in the paranoia about that everyone has about the media, Crowley, immediately confirmed that it took the White House two weeks to get off the "video incited" the incident... it was right there...

http://www.realclear...t_on_libya.html

I feel like she killed his momentum a bit.

The bottom line is you look at the actual clip in the debate...Romney specifically doubles down on Obama saying he never referred to it as terror. Obama responds that he did the day after. Romney completely converts all energy into "getting that on the record." The record shows it is true (I just watched the speech). You can go off and say oh well it wasn't really and blah blah blah...he called it an attack about 100 times in that speech and said these acts of terror will not be blah blah blah. If Romney wanted to focus on confusion about protests over videos in countless nations in the region and potentially in Libya as an attack that is fine. Romney did not. He basically said in a stupid way the buzz word terror wasn't used quick enough, and it was used the day after. If you are upset this makes Romney look bad, don't be upset at anyone but Romney

What both of you are missing is that it wasn't her place to interject in that fashion. The fact that she did AND she was wrong just compounds it. If she'd done this to Obama she'd be getting death threats right now.

Except she wasn't wrong and it is her place to interject. If you are hell bent on backing Romney on this point, you can convince yourself of anything. He specifically focused on if his buzzword was used or was not going as far as to say he wants to get this on the record...the record shows he's wrong. If he wanted to focus on confusion about the riots in many countries and perhaps in other areas of Libya being confused he could have .... he fixated on if it was called terror. it was. it's that simple.

Agreed minus the idea someone on this board had credible info not available to us all

I actually knew him personally...as in "Helped his kids sort through the estate when he died." He was "briefed The Secretary of State" senior at DoD.

Yeah, we had an actual, real person here who saw the raw intel.

Except she wasn't wrong and it is her place to interject. If you are hell bent on backing Romney on this point, you can convince yourself of anything. He specifically focused on if his buzzword was used or was not going as far as to say he wants to get this on the record...the record shows he's wrong. If he wanted to focus on confusion about the riots in many countries and perhaps in other areas of Libya being confused he could have .... he fixated on if it was called terror. it was. it's that simple.

No, it's not her place. Moderators moderate. She debated.

No, it's not her place. Moderators moderate. She debated.

Actually, she's a journalist and she knew the transcript b/c that's why journalist are asked to host. She acknowledged the confusion Romney was trying to get at which got an applause. She also acknowledged that when Obama said if you check the transcripts I referred to it as terror the day after which Romney was hell bent on focusing on, and was wrong about plain and simple.

The idea that there is no role for a moderator who is a journalist FOR A REASON to not speak factual information when unfactual attacks are flying and contested...is bizzare.

Romney says the grass is blue. Obama says...well it's green. Romney says "on the record?" Obama says "check the grass." It's no place for an informed moderator who has checked the grass to say "green?"

And btw the fact that she got an applause for both confirming Obama was right on what was said, and that Romney was correct that there was confusion for days following on what happened...basically proves this is what people would prefer a moderator to do. And considering she was right on both accounts, it was a good job, on both accounts.

Actually, she's a journalist and she knew the transcript b/c that's why journalist are asked to host. She acknowledged the confusion Romney was trying to get at which got an applause. She also acknowledged that when Obama said if you check the transcripts I referred to it as terror the day after which Romney was hell bent on focusing on, and was wrong about plain and simple.

The idea that there is no role for a moderator who is a journalist FOR A REASON to not speak factual information when unfactual attacks are flying and contested...is bizzare.

Romney says the grass is blue. Obama says...well it's green. Romney says "on the record?" Obama says "check the grass." It's no place for an informed moderator who has checked the grass to say "green?"

And btw the fact that she got an applause for both confirming Obama was right on what was said, and that Romney was correct that there was confusion for days following on what happened...basically proves this is what people would prefer a moderator to do. And considering she was right on both accounts, it was a good job, on both accounts.

I disagree...but I do actually see your point, and may reconsider...

...in the morning.

BTW the best line of the debate IMO, and in politics in recent times "Some jobs just aren't coming back." True. And addressing an issue both sides try to attack each other on. Something Buffalo of all cities should know is true.

Sorry, dude. You're just wrong here. She was not working as a journalist tonight, she was hired to moderate. And she's even admitted she got it wrong; I'm not sure why you're arguing that. It would be like a judge impeaching a witness statement. The bottom line is that she's not qualified to be a debate fact checker, and just because she THOUGHT she had personal knowledge on the topic it's Obama's place, not hers, to call him out on that. To argue otherwise is just an exercise of the partisanship you claim to despise.

The other thing if Romney knew this quote so well and wanted to try for a semantic angle, then why didn't he correct Crowley? Instead he stood and looked like an old man whose Depends diaper needed changing. Guy obviously had no clue what Obama said or didn't say that day Because he's been relying on dopey advisors politicizing this tragedy from the very second it was reported. Now it backfired on them in what will be the most talked about moment from either debate. Serves them right , what a disgrace

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sorry, dude. You're just wrong here. She was not working as a journalist tonight, she was hired to moderate. And she's even admitted she got it wrong; I'm not sure why you're arguing that. It would be like a judge impeaching a witness statement. The bottom line is that she's not qualified to be a debate fact checker, and just because she THOUGHT she had personal knowledge on the topic it's Obama's place, not hers, to call him out on that. To argue otherwise is just an exercise of the partisanship you claim to despise.

We won't agree so no use in arguing. But the fact is she did know the answer and they were not giving it to the American people so she clarified on both accounts and was right on both accounts and people liked that she did so on both accounts. You may say there is no point for a moderator (who is always a journalist and not Ryan Seacrest) to do these things. People are sick and tired of this nonsense. Romney fixated on if it was referred to as terror. It was. Plain and simple. Romney said there was confusion in the 2 weeks following on if it was related to protests all around the world. There was. Both of these points are accurate. Both confirmed. There is no argument that the American people watching are the better for it. Plain and simple.

Last debate it was about Big Bird. This debate it was about Miss Piggy.

CRAWLy threw Obama a lifeline when Romney was about to deliver a knockout punch on Bengazi. However, in the coming days, when the "facts" are sorted out, it will not only show that Obama lied time after time, it will show that by Miss Piggy coming to his defense, she too is a liar. Or f'ing clueless.

Pick your poison, Libs.

BA

The story of "O" Always hiding behind a skirt!!!!