Fitz numbers from Sunday per PFF

cmjoyce113

Fitz's struggles have nothing to do with whether or not someone on our roster is better.

Why not have a look? BECAUSE WE'RE TIED FOR FIRST IN OUR DIVISION--Why is this so hard?

And now it's Fitz's fault we've given up 100 points in two games? I'm not saying he's had a great season...but COME ON.

Also: quarterbacks aren't pitchers. It's quite rare for a QB to get subbed out mid-game. You do realize this, yes? Do you watch other teams play? Because I can say with confidence, that Fitz is not the worst quarterback in the league. He's not even in the bottom 5.

I agree that QB's aren't pitchers. :lol: Heck, Baseball isn't anything like football. But trust me, If a former League, and AL MVP like A-Rod can get benched then so can a proven loser like Fitz. -This isn't Brady or Manning. Nothing in the history of the guy's career says "sacred cow" In fact, it reads more like DOWNED COW.

He's a BAD QB. He's PROVEN THAT. Don't take it personal when folks want to see him benched.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya, and i'm in agreement that the Bills #1 priority this off season should be upgrading the QB position. But right now and for the rest of this year they do not have a better option than Fitz. The Bills need to upgrade the position and going to Thigpen or TJax is not an upgrade as much is it is a lateral move, so really, what is the point. I believe TJax would have people equally as frustrated as Fitz. Would TJax or Thigpen have the Bills at 4-2 or 5-1 right now? No way, so the best option at winning is playing Fitz.

I hear everyone saying TJax is a lateral move, but I'd like to see it happen so I can make that observation on my own.

Like it or not, fellas, but we're in FIRST PLACE IN OUR DIVISION. Now's not the time to be chucking "solutions" at the wall, trying to get one to stick.

Also, for those who think it's a money issue...No, it's not. You're conjuring wild speculation to help make your point.

Fitz is the starter, and he's the best quarterback in Buffalo right now. The FO has made numerous efforts to improve the situation, and none of them--to date--have proven successful.

If Buddy Nix could magically cough up a quarterback HE WOULD! But he can't, so Fitz is our starter, and he's the best out there right now.

DEAL WITH IT.

For a second let's forget about the 1-5 train wreck teams that we barely beat, or the Arena-league kicker who saved us by doinking a game-winner off the upright.

Let's look at our offensive body of work versus divisional Rivals, and true Playoff contenders. In games against the Jets 49ers, and Patriots, We were outscored 58-17 in the first half alone. Our Passing attack is currently ranked 29th in the NFL, and with an 81.5 passer rating, Fitz is tied for 21st.

What do you expect to happen between now, and week 12 that puts us in the playoffs???

I suggest that the next time you want to use phrases like "TIED FOR FIRST IN OUR DIVISION", you preface it with words like "MIRACULOUSLY", or IN SPITE OF HOW BAD OUR QB, AND COACHING STAFF IS. -After all, that is the undeniable truth.

Edited by #34fan

For a second let's forget about the 1-5 train wreck teams that we barely beat, or the Arena-league kicker who saved us by doinking a game-winner off the upright.

Let's look at our offensive body of work versus divisional Rivals, and true Playoff contenders. In games against the Jets 49ers, and Patriots, We were outscored 58-17 in the first half alone. Our Passing attack is currently ranked 29th in the NFL, and with an 81.5 passer rating, Fitz is tied for 21st.

What do you expect to happen between now, and week 12 that puts us in the playoffs???

I suggest that the next time you want to use phrases like "TIED FOR FIRST IN OUR DIVISION", you preface it with words like "MIRACULOUSLY", or IN SPITE OF HOW BAD OUR QB, AND COACHING STAFF IS. -After all, that is the undeniable truth.

Doesn't matter how we got there, that's not at issue. The issue is where we go from here. And so long as WE'RE IN FIRST: YOU DON'T FUSS. Why can't you understand this?

Doesn't matter how we got there, that's not at issue. The issue is where we go from here. And so long as WE'RE IN FIRST: YOU DON'T FUSS. Why can't you understand this?

That's like saying, "Hey, my restaurant business is breaking even. Sure I have a quality control problem and a serious issue with the staff providing service, but at least I'm not losing money!"

We are a 3 - 3 team. We need to improve many things, QB play and coaching decisions being at or near the top of the list. Why can't you understand this?

That's like saying, "Hey, my restaurant business is breaking even. Sure I have a quality control problem and a serious issue with the staff providing service, but at least I'm not losing money!"

We are a 3 - 3 team. We need to improve many things, QB play and coaching decisions being at or near the top of the list. Why can't you understand this?

BAM!

I think I've been more than well-documented acknowledging that improvements to quarterback need to be made.

What you SFB's fail to understand is that the decision to swap out your quaterback is NOT one that's taken lightly in the NFL, and through 6 games, our guy has 12 TD's and 8 INT's, and we have a record of .500--I'll be damned if you can show me a quarterback on a team with similar success has been benched in the history of the NFL for reasons not related to injury.

Bam yourselves.

I think I've been more than well-documented acknowledging that improvements to quarterback need to be made.

What you SFB's fail to understand is that the decision to swap out your quaterback is NOT one that's taken lightly in the NFL, and through 6 games, our guy has 12 TD's and 8 INT's, and we have a record of .500--I'll be damned if you can show me a quarterback on a team with similar success has been benched in the history of the NFL for reasons not related to injury.

Bam yourselves.

:excl:

SFB?

I agree that QB's aren't pitchers. :lol: Heck, Baseball isn't anything like football. But trust me, If a former League, and AL MVP like A-Rod can get benched then so can a proven loser like Fitz. -This isn't Brady or Manning. Nothing in the history of the guy's career says "sacred cow" In fact, it reads more like DOWNED COW.

He's a BAD QB. He's PROVEN THAT. Don't take it personal when folks want to see him benched.

You are right, Fitz is not remotely close to Brady or Manning so stop demanding that he should be and stop comparing Fitz to them. It's obvious he is not as good as them and never will be.

See, I liken it more to basking on a sunny beach, when all of sudden a tsunami warning comes in and you are told to evacuate immediately. "Hey, just ignore that warning, the sun is still shining bright right now and you don't fuss when on vacation!"

And this "tied for first place" argument is a joke. Yeah, technically we are in first. Also technically we are on pace for an 8-8 season while getting drubbed by the 2 division opponents we are trying to surpass, with a QB on pace to throw over 20 picks (again) who pads his stats when we are getting blown out (see Jets game after we go down 41-7). Show me "tied for first place" after 16 games and we'll talk, because right now we are also tied for last place btw.

Hopefully we defeat the Titans and Fitz plays decent (just complete 1 long throw - just 1) and this dies down a bit. But if we lose at home to the Titans and Fitz throws 3 picks, this argument may be moot because the fans might throw him off the peace bridge.

See, I liken it more to basking on a sunny beach, when all of sudden a tsunami warning comes in and you are told to evacuate immediately. "Hey, just ignore that warning, the sun is still shining bright right now and you don't fuss when on vacation!"

And this "tied for first place" argument is a joke. Yeah, technically we are in first. Also technically we are on pace for an 8-8 season while getting drubbed by the 2 division opponents we are trying to surpass, with a QB on pace to throw over 20 picks (again) who pads his stats when we are getting blown out (see Jets game after we go down 41-7). Show me "tied for first place" after 16 games and we'll talk, because right now we are also tied for last place btw.

Hopefully we defeat the Titans and Fitz plays decent (just complete 1 long throw - just 1) and this dies down a bit. But if we lose at home to the Titans and Fitz throws 3 picks, this argument may be moot because the fans might throw him off the peace bridge.

So then regale us all with a single incident of an NFL team at .500, tied for first in the division (a fact, whether you like it or not) who benched a non-injured QB in favor of a mid-season experiment. Please, I'm dying to know.

I hear everyone saying TJax is a lateral move, but I'd like to see it happen so I can make that observation on my own.

Have you watched much tjax? Just curious.

I'd agree its lateral from what I've seen of him. At best a tiny upgrade. I wouldn't be opposed, but I'm not going to call for it yet either. I'll let coaches that see tjax day in and day out right now make that judgement.

So then regale us all with a single incident of an NFL team at .500, tied for first in the division (a fact, whether you like it or not) who benched a non-injured QB in favor of a mid-season experiment. Please, I'm dying to know.

That stat is 100% useless. Know why?

Find me ONE post merger starter under age 35, on his THIRD TEAM, who threw 23 interceptions, and then started the following year.

Cant do it? Well, there goes you entire bullsh*t argument. -I mean, we can sit here and bird-dog stats all day, partner. -Aint gonna make Fitz suck any less.

Tomorrow, If Fitz is having a bad game (halftime) BENCH HIS @SS! The fan's deserve better. Even you, my apathetic, apologetic friend deserve better than the horsefeed you're getting fed with Fitz on the field and Gailey on the sideline.

Why? Why would you even want to know that? What purpose would that possibly serve? Another team's coaching decisions for a completely different roster from a different year/era has no bearing whatsoever on our current coaching decisions.

Also, I am not asking to switch starters, but to bench Fitz when he starts to struggle (Jets / 49ers). You were the one arguing that it would hurt Fitz's confidence (which I do find hysterical). Hell, I seen Joe Montana get benched in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game before. And he already had 2 rings on his fingers. So I just don't get this "unbenchable" rule about Fitz.

Your post is quite accurate. It's a little bit more emotional than it should be, but the facts are correct. Your reasoning in this post also points to a larger issue.......sure-fire, franchise QBs are extremely difficult to find.

The last time the Bills were relevant was when? When Jim Kelly was the starting quarterback.

Every elite team in the league right now has one thing in common: A franchise quarterback. Even Alex Smith could be considered a "franchise" QB in the sense that he was drafted in the first round, even though the team doesn't seem to be entirely convinced that they can win a superbowl with him.

As we've seen over the last few drafts, teams won't blink in over reaching for a quarterback in the first round. Last year, there were really only two QBs that were considered "sure thing" picks, and they both went in the top five.

So as much as we all might be angry over the play of Fitz and how the team's management has been unable to find a franchise

QB, bringing in a free agent QB won't solve the problem.

Personally, i really wish Fitz was the answer, but he doesn't have the consistency in his decision making that's necessary, nor the arm strength to make the tight intermediate throws that have to be made.

At the same time, there is no one else on the roster to replace him.

The only logical next step for the team is to draft a QB, but that's next year. As of right now, the AFC east seems to be up for grabs, so the team is going to have to go with what they have.

I am not in any way, shape or form suggesting that Fitz's quarterback play has been adequate. So you can throw numbers at me, and you can point to his lousy performances, all you want--I get it. The point a lot of folks are missing is that HE'S THE BEST WE GOT. And you have NO EVIDENCE--REPEAT: NO EVIDENCE--that suggests otherwise. Do you really think the FO brought in TJ to sit behind Thigpen? Yes, the same FO that has been heralded for months for being pragmatic and for never being satisfied with the status quo--they're willing to trade...TRADE:AS IN GIVE UP RESOURCES...for a guy they never had any intention of granting an opportunity to compete?

How is it that everyone here loves Doug Waley for his ability to scout current professionals, they love that we plucked two of our starting OLineman from other team's scrap heaps, yet they're convinced that a quarterback solution exists and we're not doing what's feasible to bring him to town...??

Did we all suddenly forget about Vince Young? Do you think he was brought in to sell jerseys? !@#$ NO. He was brought in to find a better solution at QB.

This FO has now brought in three...THREE!!!...veteran, former starting QB's to compete for the job, and guess what NONE OF THEM ARE AS GOOD AS FITZ.

How do I know?

Let me repeat for those so woefully willing to ignore this point:

This is an organization that had no qualms of moving on Edwards, Lynch, Evans, Poz, Whitner, Moorman, Schobel. Look at those names--that was the heart of our squad from 2007-2009 (for better or worse). Yet the Nix/Gailey administration new enough to cut their losses and move on.

Please tell me why Fitz would be different. It's really not that difficult to figure out: THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE GUYS BEHIND HIM.

I know everyone here does--everyone who has never attended a practice/walkthrough/film session at OBD IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE.

Like it or not, fellas, but we're in FIRST PLACE IN OUR DIVISION. Now's not the time to be chucking "solutions" at the wall, trying to get one to stick.

Also, for those who think it's a money issue...No, it's not. You're conjuring wild speculation to help make your point.

Fitz is the starter, and he's the best quarterback in Buffalo right now. The FO has made numerous efforts to improve the situation, and none of them--to date--have proven successful.

If Buddy Nix could magically cough up a quarterback HE WOULD! But he can't, so Fitz is our starter, and he's the best out there right now.

DEAL WITH IT.

Have you watched much tjax? Just curious.

I'd agree its lateral from what I've seen of him. At best a tiny upgrade. I wouldn't be opposed, but I'm not going to call for it yet either. I'll let coaches that see tjax day in and day out right now make that judgement.

I get every Seattle game and watched him last year. He was pretty terrible until about week 12, then things kinda clicked and I thought he wasn't that bad. I think his TD:INT ration was 7:2 in the last 5 games. Not great TD #s, but a decent ratio.