Eagles Fire DC Juan Castillo

Reid is scapegoating. Philly has the #13 defense. Interesting, Reid calls the offense which is offensive in its 31st ranking.

Eagles fans call for everyone's firing. Their D was #13 and not as talented as people think. The DC should have stayed.

It's not the ranking as much as performance. They were shutting down the Lions and Johnson but on the last 2 drives changed the way they were playing D the whole game and ended up losing. A few players complained and wondered why change what was working. Offense is a problem as McCoy does not get the ball enough.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the ranking as much as performance. They were shutting down the Lions and Johnson but on the last 2 drives changed the way they were playing D the whole game and ended up losing. A few players complained and wondered why change what was working. Offense is a problem as McCoy does not get the ball enough.

Not a new problem for the pass happy Reid. When the Eagles had Westbrook, Reid also failed to get him enough touches.

winning organization? lol. They have arguably the worst QB ever.... and... they've won... nothing.... ever.

Some of you are derp derp derp woo woo zing zing ow ow bang bang whoopidy doo crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Am I the only one that pictured this?

tumblr_m70taqmD5a1rpwl7ho1_500.gif

Reid is scapegoating. Philly has the #13 defense. Interesting, Reid calls the offense which is offensive in its 31st ranking.

Eagles fans call for everyone's firing. Their D was #13 and not as talented as people think. The DC should have stayed.

This should have happened last year, the guy sucked as a DC. This guy should have never been given a job as DC since he was a O line coach. I'll bet order this came down from the owner because Castillo was Reids friend.

The Eagles defense has been bad since Jim Johnson left in 08, Sean McDermott who was DC after Johnson for 2 years also sucked, and Castillo was better.

Both McDermott and Castillo have coached defenses better then George Edwards & Dave Wannstooge, what does that tell you about the Buffalo Bills?

Ya this is different situation. Castillo has a butt load of talent and they straight sucked, often to bad teams. We got blown out by the AFC rep and arguably one of the best teams in the league. It was bad but Wanny has enough of a history you give him more time

Wanny has history. Ancient history, recently every job he's been fired from college to pros. He is and will remain a NFL has been. Can anyone believe ha can turn this disaster around? I'll wait for what he has up his sleeve for Houston and the pats* to see what if anything he can do. The Titans are another story.

Wanny has history. Ancient history, recently every job he's been fired from college to pros. He is and will remain a NFL has been. Can anyone believe ha can turn this disaster around? I'll wait for what he has up his sleeve for Houston and the pats* to see what if anything he can do. The Titans are another story.

Remember when Ralph was cheap and he went to go interview in cleveland?

Ya me too. Now he sucks.

Kevin Gilbride is a terrible OC too. Those two super bowl rings really suck

Remember when Ralph was cheap and he went to go interview in cleveland?

Ya me too. Now he sucks.

Kevin Gilbride is a terrible OC too. Those two super bowl rings really suck

Well add Dick Lebeau, Fewell, and some others to the ring list. But, what Is the point? Wannabe isn't getting the job done here. Maybe he can go to the Eagles next year and win one there. I for one would prefer he did. Just get him out of here.

Probably more of my bitterness speaking than anything. I felt that after the San Fran game that there needed to be some type of move (coaching change)to shake up a team that absolutely was quitting in games. It was a poor move by Reid to make this guy a defensive coordinator but at least he made a move tp correct it. My comment about a winning organization was just based on their traditionaly being a winner the past decade. I guess only Super Bowl winning teams can be called a "winning organization". Sorry if I am not making sense... too many decades of frustration.

Thanks

Very magnanimous post.

I don't think you need to apologize considering the Eagles under Andy Reid have won over 60% of their games.

They are a winning organization although one that seems to be falling into a bad period right now.

Looks like the end for Reid in Philly is near. Undoubtedly he'll be the head coach of some other NFL team next year if he's let go.