Eagles Fire DC Juan Castillo

@SI_PeterKing

Wow. Eagles fire Juan Castillo.

Wanny survived after two embarrassing weeks. Guess there's some level of accountability in Philadelphia or maybe Reid is scapegoating.

I wouldn't say there's accountability. Reid's trying to save his job. Castillo was promoted from OL coach to DC. Definitely not qualified to be DC. They have been calling for his firing for over a year now. I wouldn't be praising the Eagles FO right now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall winning percentage... Philadelphia. Winning the "Big One"... they are the same.

Then I guess the 90's Bills teams sucked because they never won the "anything" (Super Bowl). My comment was intended to point out that over the past decade they probably have a decent winning percentage as compared to the Bills... Mr. derp derp

I'm just trying to understand how firing a DC in mid-season is the mark of a "winning organization", when said organization hasn't won anything?

PTR

I wouldn't say there's accountability. Reid's trying to save his job. Castillo was promoted from OL coach to DC. Definitely not qualified to be DC. They have been calling for his firing for over a year now. I wouldn't be praising the Eagles FO right now.

Or Reid. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth in Philly right now. That team is a dysfunctional mess, and despite that their talent is good enough that they win games.

Or Reid. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth in Philly right now. That team is a dysfunctional mess, and despite that their talent is good enough that they win games.

It's pretty bad. They have wanted Reid out for years and it's getting worse. You think talk radio is tough in Buffalo. Stop in Philly for a bit!!

I'm just trying to understand how firing a DC in mid-season is the mark of a "winning organization", when said organization hasn't won anything?

PTR

Probably more of my bitterness speaking than anything. I felt that after the San Fran game that there needed to be some type of move (coaching change)to shake up a team that absolutely was quitting in games. It was a poor move by Reid to make this guy a defensive coordinator but at least he made a move tp correct it. My comment about a winning organization was just based on their traditionaly being a winner the past decade. I guess only Super Bowl winning teams can be called a "winning organization". Sorry if I am not making sense... too many decades of frustration.

Thanks

Castillo was their O Line coach before Andy made him the DC. Yikes. Go figure that one. I never could. I think Andy's time is about up.

Eagles' owner Lurie put Reid on notice this pre-season that he expected better results for his investment. Reid's been running the show since 99, So the heat is on for sure.

Castillo was their O Line coach before Andy made him the DC. Yikes. Go figure that one. I never could. I think Andy's time is about up.

Maybe when reading Castillo's resume, the chicken grease on reid's fingers smudged the O so he thought it said "D-Line coach"

@SI_PeterKing

Wow. Eagles fire Juan Castillo.

Wanny survived after two embarrassing weeks. Guess there's some level of accountability in Philadelphia or maybe Reid is scapegoating.

Reid is scapegoating. Philly has the #13 defense. Interesting, Reid calls the offense which is offensive in its 31st ranking.

Eagles fans call for everyone's firing. Their D was #13 and not as talented as people think. The DC should have stayed.

Edited by RyanC883

I'm assuming the latter. And who the heck hires a DC with no Defensive experience????

Which begs the question - shouldn't the guy who made the decision to 'promote' Castillo from OL to DC also be fired ?

But according to Demetrius Bell, their aggressive blocking scheme was going to make him and the Eagles O-line unstoppable.

He is right - once that line starts moving back, there is no stopping them

I'll say it again and again. Reid is a clown. He signs Vick and completely predictable mediocrity, and worse, follows (anyone who thinks Vick would be an upgrade over even Fitz is insane). He elevates his O-line coach...to Defensive Coordinator!! And then in a completely cowardly fashion, he shitcans the guy who has been with the team for 18 years!

He is a fraud. The owner started the season saying he was going to can Reid by season's end, barring a miraculous turnaround. The people of Philly should tell him to do it now.

Wow, talking about putting a guy in a no win situation. He was one of the best OL coaches in the game and then gets moved to DC? That's hard to do in high school, much less the NFL.

And save the BS that's what a winning team does. The dumbest thing the Bills could have done is freak out like some of the 13 year girl posters here and fire Wanny. He has a proven track record and deserved more than the 5 games to proven himself. Panicing would do nothing to help the defense improve.