Willis Stats

Thailog80

Don't forget the ability to actually block on a blitz, recognizing where it's coming from, and knocking a few defenders on their ass with that straightarm.

190247[/snapback]

Yes - Willis's extension on blocks is freaking incredible - he really explodes into guys.

That is a hidden stat - but Willis brings a load when he blocks - I saw numerous examples of thatyesterday!

I love Willis' all around game, but one thing troubles me.

He seems to rely on going outside way too much.

Hes got that one move...he shoots outside, jukes the linebacker chasing him, and then heads upfield. Its been amazingly effective, but we all know that in pro sports, if you do the same thing over and over, no matter how good you do it, sooner or later the rest of the league is going to figure out how to stop it. Next year Id like to see Willis work more on gaining ground up the middle and maybe expanding his repetoire a bit more overall.

Just a minor nit..............

Don't forget the ability to actually block on a blitz, recognizing where it's coming from, and knocking a few defenders on their ass with that straightarm.

190247[/snapback]

Yes...that was a BIG PLUS. Even yesterday during that fumble by Bledsoe,

McGahee had his man. Unfortunately there was no one to cover the second

guy.

I really cannot wait to see what he does next season. He has said several times that he isn't even at 100 percent yet. This was without the luxury of an off-season to really build an offensive scheme around him. Not to mention to experience and film he now has to learn from.

I love Willis' all around game, but one thing troubles me.

He seems to rely on going outside way too much.

Hes got that one move...he shoots outside, jukes the linebacker chasing him, and then heads upfield. Its been amazingly effective, but we all know that in pro sports, if you do the same thing over and over, no matter how good you do it, sooner or later the rest of the league is going to figure out how to stop it. Next year Id like to see Willis work more on gaining ground up the middle and maybe expanding his repetoire a bit more overall.

Just a minor nit..............

190300[/snapback]

Well if the O-line opens holes up the middle for him, then he'll be able to get there. We'll see what transpires in the offseason.

On most of the runs up the middle, Willis has made something out of NOTHING by bouncing it outside.