Zarqawi arrested?

chicot

What a bull sh-- website. Go ask Germany and Japan how they have been doing since the U.S. "occupied" them. Also wouldnt suprise me one bit if it turn out this "anti-war and occupation" bunch of loons was assisting the insurgency in some way, shape or form.

What a bull sh-- website. Go ask Germany and Japan how they have been doing since the U.S. "occupied" them. Also wouldnt suprise me one bit if it turn out this "anti-war and occupation" bunch of loons was assisting the insurgency in some way, shape or form.

190320[/snapback]

Ah, I wondered if someone would take offence at the website. I didn't actually have an ulterior motive for posting that (honest, guv), just thought it was an interesting report. Still hasn't been confirmed so perhaps it's incorrect.

Not an indictment of you. But I did look through the site and thought is was horribly misguided. Maybe Im being simplistic....OK, I AM simplistic....but would HELPING the U.S. forces lead to a better Iraq? Again using Germany and Japan as a guide, it seems countries we wage war against and then "occupy" for a time thereafter fare pretty well. Its not like we trash the place and then leave.

Not an indictment of you. But I did look through the site and thought is was horribly misguided. Maybe Im being simplistic....OK, I AM simplistic....but would HELPING the U.S. forces lead to a better Iraq? Again using Germany and Japan as a guide, it seems countries we wage war against and then "occupy" for a time thereafter fare pretty well. Its not like we trash the place and then leave.

190707[/snapback]

Nah, there'll be 10 Golden Arches per population of 100K and Marlboros for everybody. It's all part of the multi-national plan.

190707[/snapback]

It may well lead to a better Iraq in terms of prosperity in the long term, although in the short term the mass unemployment caused by the economic shock therapy has led to hardship for hundreds of thousands and has been a gift for the resistance. The thing is, though, people prefer to govern themselves for better or for worse. I think it's highly likely that many african nations, for example, would have higher standards of living were they still to be ruled by the colonial powers, but, given the choice, I doubt that many of them would opt for a return to foreign rule.