Bills need to find a way to seal the edge against TEN

D521646

I cringed everytime the Cards ran outside our tackles yesterday. We seem stout in the middle but on the outside we have gapping holes that need to be fixed or Johnson is going to have a come back game against us. Hmm come to think of it, wasn't it the Bills game last year that was his "breakout" game?

If Wanstache doesn't get this fixed count on a long day Sunday.

Thoughts?

Tim-

Gotta swarm to the ball against CJ. It would help if we had outside linebackers, but we don't.

Barnett spent a lot of time in the backfield and recorded two sacks yesterday. Bradham played like a man with his hair on fire. When Byrd comes off the edge, **** gets LOCKED DOWN. Our like our chances, frankly.

I cringed everytime the Cards ran outside our tackles yesterday. We seem stout in the middle but on the outside we have gapping holes that need to be fixed or Johnson is going to have a come back game against us. Hmm come to think of it, wasn't it the Bills game last year that was his "breakout" game?

If Wanstache doesn't get this fixed count on a long day Sunday.

Thoughts?

Tim-

OMG i noticed this too, Kelsey was consistently getting sealed in. Not sure if the plays called for him to inside rush but it was mad frustrating b/c it looked like he had no clue.

On runs to the defense's left, I agree. Kelsay got abused to his side.

On runs to MW's side we are ok. The couple times I noticed that containment was lost, their TE got called for holding MW and the play didn't count.

Of course, it would help if we had LBs who were worth a damn. But we don't.

GO BILLS!!!

Bills had amzingly bad LB's last year. This year they are using one less, and maybe Bradham is good, but Barnett looks old and Sheppard has not improved.

This is an issue until they improve the talent at that position.

Good news it really is just the LB's and QB that need upgrading now. The rest of the team looks plenty good.

Tasker seemed to think Kelsay was playing inside by design - in which case it's hard to blame him for not sealing the edge.

Barnett spent a lot of time in the backfield and recorded two sacks yesterday. Bradham played like a man with his hair on fire. When Byrd comes off the edge, **** gets LOCKED DOWN. Our like our chances, frankly.

Not sure what you were watching but take away Kolb's scrambles and the Cards still rand for 116 yards on 25 carries (4.6 ypc.) I saw the DL dominate the LoS consistently playing on the Cards side of the ball yet I failed to see LBs fill their gaps or get off blocks to make plays. What I did see were missed tackles...again.

The only complaint I have yesterday about the D had to do with the LBs in run support - they weren't good.