28 yard FG miss is unacceptable

Thailog80

No I couldn't have done any better either but it isn't my job.  Twenty-eight yards?

190169[/snapback]

My friend, I would put more money on YOU in that situation than on Lindell. He sucks with a capital S. Did we not say at the beginning of the season that this guy was going to cost us?

It's too bad we had to let the coaches' coddling of him get in the way of the truth until the end of the season.

My friend, I would put more money on YOU in that situation than on Lindell.  He sucks with a capital S.  Did we not say at the beginning of the season that this guy was going to cost us?

It's too bad we had to let the coaches' coddling of him get in the way of the truth until the end of the season.

190171[/snapback]

A lot of people here said he'd cost us a game.

That I will agree with! Totally inexcusable... 9 yards longer than an extra point should be automatic.

On another note:

Let me say, that I feared this scenario (losing and a Jets loss). I know it is tough but, most of you guys are UNREAL with the b*tching and moaning.

What would have happened if this happened in the WC round of the plsoff's... Would everybody be given this team a free-pass? Ha!

A lot of people here said he'd cost us a game.

190174[/snapback]

Yeah, let me rephrase that. The coaches coddled him and it got in the way of the truth: that this guy can't kick for sh--. You want Donahoe's biggest mistake, this guy is it.

Someone in an earlier thread said that the Bills should be permanently carrying a top-5 kicker as we are the team that gave the world "wide right."

They were too right.

On another note:

Let me say, that I feared this scenario (losing and a Jets loss).  I know it is tough but, most of you guys are UNREAL with the b*tching and moaning.

190176[/snapback]

Exiled. This is the internet. People use this board to express views and to vent after heartbreaking losses. This is hardly shocking behavior. The mood will gradually soften some and optimistic threads focusing on the upcoming 2005 season will soon be more frequent.

I just don't know what it is about kickers???... Look how Shayne Graham "reinvented" himself... I hate having to give up trying on someone that you think is good but?...

When Adam Vinateri first started off, I remember him missing a FG against the Flutie lead team and I thought "what a bust."

What makes a kicker turn it around and get consistent?

Let me say, that I feared this scenario (losing and a Jets loss).  I know it is tough but, most of you guys are UNREAL with the b*tching and moaning.

190176[/snapback]

OK hold up a second.

That I will agree with!  Totally inexcusable... 9 yards longer than an extra point should be automatic.

190176[/snapback]

Isn't this b*tching?

Exiled. This is the internet. People use this board to express views and to vent after heartbreaking losses. This is hardly shocking behavior. The mood will gradually soften some and optimistic threads focusing on the upcoming 2005 season will soon be more frequent.

190194[/snapback]

I understand, I UNDERSTAND. It is not shocking in the least. I feared this from you guys.

I am not saying what can and can't be done, it is just embarassing how some are reacting?

Maybe I am wrong?

190194[/snapback]

OK, I'll start:

"It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again. "

Lombardi, Vince

:doh:

I don't feel better. :(

GASP !  :(  :doh:

Has nothing to do with right vs. wrong. People are just venting after a heartbreaking loss.

190229[/snapback]

I know... They just sound like asses, that is where I am wrong. It shouldn't bother me but, for some reason it does and comes off as whining.

I lived through a lot more painful football moments and by comparison this is not even close!

I just don't know what it is about kickers???... Look how Shayne Graham "reinvented" himself... I hate having to give up trying on someone that you think is good but?...

When Adam Vinateri first started off, I remember him missing a FG against the Flutie lead team and I thought "what a bust."

190205[/snapback]

The problem with that is that you have to be prepared to lose games while hoping your substandard kicker will turn it around. It's not like Lindell is a normally reliable kicker who just had an off day (I remember Christie had some terrible days but when the pressure was on, you could rely on him) - most people thought he was a disaster waiting to happen. Donahoe's attitude seems to be that you can just bring just about anyone in as a kicker (remember Arians?). Good kickers can win you games, bad kickers lose them. I don't know what sort of money Hollis was asking for but I wish more of an effort was made to keep him.

The problem with that is that you have to be prepared to lose games while hoping your substandard kicker will turn it around. It's not like Lindell is a normally reliable kicker who just had an off day...

Good kickers can win you games, bad kickers lose them.

190246[/snapback]

Excellently put.

Which made Allen Wilson's article on New Year's Eve Lindell flying under radar so confounding!

My favorite quote is "He also hasn't gotten many chances to display his strong leg on long-distance field goal attempts"

This guy can barely knock a kickoff 50 yards, how does anyone think he can make a 50+ yard field goal???

As much as Nate's interception/TD energized the team,(and the 12th man)I think that chickening out on a red zone short yardage third down conversion deflated the offense.This situation was clearly one of those 'the football Gods are watching'scenarios.When Lindell (the Jake Ariens clone) botched the F.G. kick,it further let the air out of the team's tires.The wheels came off altogether on the very next drive. The Bills needed all of the momentum that they could get.

In the end,we were sloppy (against the Steelers) 'seconds'. We don't have any business being in the playoffs at least until we address replacing Bledsoe/Lindell.Both of those guys are bringing down the team.

190464[/snapback]

Exactly. It deflated the crowd, too...to the point they had to pump in crowd noise. What an embarrassment.

We'll see what the brainiacs do to fix this team, if anything at all.

190205[/snapback]

I think this is an interesting question. Alternately, what makes a good kicker turn it around and get crappy. I'm no analyst of good or bad kickers, but christ...as an example, didn't one guy used to be called Automatica Grammatica? How does a kicker suddenly get the yips?