18 for 32, 153 yards. TJackson could do that.

Webster Guy

I'm wondering how much worse Tarvaris Jackson would be for us at QB.

If he's equal to Fitz, I'd rather see us try the guy. Are we running anything so complex that he can't step in and run the offense?

Fitz is missing badly on almost half of his throws, its getting ridiculous. Coach Lee and his mechanics improvement approach may have actually made him worse.

I don't expect Chan to make any changes, but there are some coaches in this league that would have benched the Fitz by now. Please don't give me the "well Fitz is third in the NFL for td passes this year" The guy has really taken a downhill turn, absolutely no touch on the ball at all.

If he keeps this up in the first half of the titans game, I would sit him and try Tarvaris.

Tjax has not performed in 3 yrs. Who says he would do that? Do we REALLY think Chan would get the guy he has wanted to work with for a while THEN keep him to getting practice reps THEN keep Thigpen AND THEN not even activate him for one game because the guy is so awesome that he would be perfectly mediocre? Yea. That's probably it.

Tjax is not ready yet and for all we know he wont ever be. Maybe in the time he has not started and done well the last few years he has lost "it."

I don't see what is so complicated about this offense. Is it really that hard to teach a guy quick slants n fly patterns?

This is more about Fitz being Chans guy and that will not change. TJax couldn't be any worse though and would at least provide a stronger arm

Edited by Max997

If he keeps this up in the first half of the titans game, I would sit him and try Tarvaris.

You mean to say we may make Tarvaris active? Right now I'm thinking their plan is to keep him inactive until week 16 in case we have a chance of making the playoffs and then they will bring him in and let him make the throw that Brad Smith couldn't.

At this point I can confidently say I think Thigpen is a better option than Fitzmajic.

Tjax has not performed in 3 yrs. Who says he would do that? Do we REALLY think Chan would get the guy he has wanted to work with for a while THEN keep him to getting practice reps THEN keep Thigpen AND THEN not even activate him for one game because the guy is so awesome that he would be perfectly mediocre? Yea. That's probably it.

Tjax is not ready yet and for all we know he wont ever be. Maybe in the time he has not started and done well the last few years he has lost "it."

Yep. Making the playoffs last year with Seattle as opposed to "what" we do here. Hmmm. Those things that make you go hmmmm!

Are you kidding me? I am willing to bet that half the throws Fitz cant make T Jax can.

Whether they are completed to our reciever or intercepted is a different issue.

I'm not saying Tjax is any kind of answer. But I do know that Fitzpatrick is the question and I dont like the question anymore. I think Tjax can throw better 5-15 yard outs than Fitzpatrick so maybe in Chan's offense he could be better than his past. Cant be worse and there is proof of that.

I also think that our gm in training Whaley could throw better than Fitz. Perhaps Mary Wilson also though debateable.

Edited by beerme1

One of the reasons we have been able to run so well and the line has played so well is Fitz calling the blocking assignments pre-snap, which he decides at the line on almost every play. It's pretty invaluable to this team and goes mostly unrecognized, except by the players and coaches.

Excellent point. I like Fitz -- I just wish he was consistently more accurate.

One of the reasons we have been able to run so well and the line has played so well is Fitz calling the blocking assignments pre-snap, which he decides at the line on almost every play. It's pretty invaluable to this team and goes mostly unrecognized, except by the players and coaches.

No question...But I'm pretty sure the better QB's in the league do similar things, and still manage to hit a receiver in stride every now and again... ;)

I've been ready for TJax for a few weeks and even more so after seeing that today. For Fitz to not put the ball anywhere near Freddie or Stevie on those crucial downs where they were WIDE open, that's just pathetic. I'm sorry, but a pro-caliber NFL QB should never miss wide open throws at that distance. There's no way Freddy was more than 10-15 yds away. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I'm sick of watching him.

I've been ready for TJax for a few weeks and even more so after seeing that today. For Fitz to not put the ball anywhere near Freddie or Stevie on those crucial downs where they were WIDE open, that's just pathetic. I'm sorry, but a pro-caliber NFL QB should never miss wide open throws at that distance. There's no way Freddy was more than 10-15 yds away. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I'm sick of watching him.

And no way TJ Graham should drop the good pass right in his hands pass on 2nd and 10 that was an easy 5-6 yards and would have put them in FG range.

Tjax has not performed in 3 yrs.

Jboyst, ??? what do you mean by TJax hasn't performed in 3 years?

TJax started 14 games for the Seasnakes last year. He threw for >3000 yds, 14 TD, 60% completions. He did all this playing most of the season with a torn pectoral muscle winning admiration in Seattle as one tough gamer.

And like any backup QB on a struggling team, he's the most popular guy in B'lo right now. That said, Seattle as far as I can tell from limited observation, has much more of a "run to set up the pass" philosophy. Bevell came from GB and the Vikes. I'm pretty sure both the Vikings and Seahawks use West Coast terminology, while we use Erhardt-Perkins terminology. Some QB can pick up the underlying similarities very quickly, some can't. I'm sure it doesn't help TJax that he's not seeing our offense work - when something works, it's much easier to pick it up. Long winded way to say that I don't see it as a given that TJax could come in and do better than Fitz.

Edited by Hopeful