Where do we go from here?

DPR4444

So, now that you’ve all slept on it [if you could sleep] what changes due you make in the offseason? What are your top priorities?

Jennings is probably gone, so I think the offensive line will have to be addressed, maybe in free agency. Lindell has to go, in my opinion. And a decision has to be made at QB. Does the organization have confidence that DB can win the big games against top opponents? TD and MM have to honestly answer that question themselves. On defense, I’d make re-signing Pat W. the top priority.

Anyway, what do you think?

1. Resign Pat Williams

2. LT - Jennings is most likely gone to Atlanta. And even if they don't overpay, he's still only an adequate LT. If we're gonna setup a power running game for McGahee we need a stud LT. Also, we'll need a good LT to protect JPs blindside during his learning process

3. QB - Decide before training camp what to do with Bledsoe. Is he our 2005 starter, 2005 backup, or gone? If he's a backup, will he accept the demotion? If he's gone, we'll need a vet backup in case JP flounders

4. TE - Campbell isn't the long term solution

5. C/LG - Ross Tucker IMO can fill one of these spots but the other has to be addressed.

1.  Resign Pat Williams

2.  LT - Jennings is most likely gone to Atlanta.  And even if they don't overpay, he's still only an adequate LT.  If we're gonna setup a power running game for McGahee we need a stud LT.  Also, we'll need a good LT to protect JPs blindside during his learning process

3.  QB - Decide before training camp what to do with Bledsoe.  Is he our 2005 starter, 2005 backup, or gone?  If he's a backup, will he accept the demotion?  If he's gone, we'll need a vet backup in case JP flounders

4.  TE - Campbell isn't the long term solution

5.  C/LG - Ross Tucker IMO can fill one of these spots but the other has to be addressed.

190209[/snapback]

Good Post dev.

Does anyone know what the status will be for Shane Matthews? Is he expected to be resigned? Or is Travis Brown coming back in the Spring?

1. Re-sign Pat Williams -- good thing he is friends with Sam Adams.

2. Sign free agents to sure up the left side of the line and some quality depth for the o-line. Let Jennings go.

3. Re-sign Nate Clements

4. Deal with Travis Henrey in some way -- if he leaves the team in whatever way, we will badly need a quality backup running back

5. Get JP ready to start (maybe this should be higher)

Enhus and Campbell as the tight ends is not bad We were just hit very hard with injuries at this position.

Lyndell isn't bad. The miss yesterday was terrible, but he had a great year otherwise.

Lyndell isn't bad. The miss yesterday was terrible, but he had a great year otherwise.

190272[/snapback]

You must be talking about another kicker. He cannot hit anything outside the 40, which is why the staff holds his hand and tells him, "it'll be OK, we'll never make you kick more than a 38-yarder again." Then he proceeds to miss a kick -- NOT due to the wind, not a bad snap, not because of heavy pressure -- that is not too much longer than an extra point. He sucks and must go.

Jennings doesn't want to be here.

Bills may need to upgrade at LG or Center

Bills need 2 offensive linemen

Nate Clements contract is up after 2005

Bills need another quality CB

Does anybody notice Posey to make any plays?

Bills may need to look at upgrading SLB

The Bills have no confidance in their kicker for long range field goals & he is not good enough in the clutch & his kickoffs rarely make the endzone

They need to draft the top k in the draft

The Bills also need a quality 3rd receiver

Let me start with our own FA's.

Pat Williams. I love the guy, but if he demands anything over $3mil per season, let him go. Edwards has promise.

Jonas Jennings. Good but not great. Let him go and spend a little extra on Walter Jones or Orlando Pace.

Restructure some contracts. Especially Eric Moulds', but in no way release him. Use the savings on an extension for Nate Clements.

Open up a competition in camp for the starting QB job. Let JP and Drew go at it. Don't just give the job to one or the other.

Bring in another Kicker. Hasn't Lindell cost us enough already? What are we waiting for? A 30 yard miss in the Super Bowl? Dump him now.

Bring in a 6'4" possession WR. Our receivers lack size.

Jennings doesn't want to be here.

Really? How do you know that? He looked very upset to me yesterday. He probably took the loss harder than anybody else. I think he likes Buffalo, but if he does leave remember one thing. " It's all about the Benjamins baby".

Really? How do you know that? He looked very upset to me yesterday. He probably took the loss harder than anybody else. I think he likes Buffalo, but if he does leave remember one thing. " It's all about the Benjamins baby".

190371[/snapback]

He had mentioned that he and Peerless were good friends and would like to join him in Atlanta. However, with Mr. Vick and his inability to get the ball to his receivers Peerles is less than happy and is being driven out of Atlanta tied to a railroad car. To be honest Peerless isn't a #1 but he is a good #2. Vick is a terrible "QB" who thinks run first and throwing second. He is also quick to blame his receivers or anyone when there is a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings hasn't watch this crap over the last couple of years and will pass on playing with "Mr. Selfish (Vick)".

1.  Resign Pat Williams

2.  LT - Jennings is most likely gone to Atlanta.  And even if they don't overpay, he's still only an adequate LT.  If we're gonna setup a power running game for McGahee we need a stud LT.  Also, we'll need a good LT to protect JPs blindside during his learning process

190209[/snapback]

3. QB - Bledsoe must be replaced. If it is by someone other than Losman, then so be it. But we know we can't win with Drew and we can't ignore that.

4. TE - I didn't get to see much of the injured guys before they got injured. We do need another receiving option there desperately though.

5. OL - Probably what we'll spend our second round pick on. We do need help/depth there.

6. 3rd WR - Josh Reed is useless. We need an upgrade there.

7. K - Someone should tell Lindell he's done in Buffalo.

6.  3rd WR - Josh Reed is useless.  We need an upgrade there.

190392[/snapback]

On an aside, anyone else think that Coy Wire and Josh Reed are very similar players? Both superb athletes who had good college careers and don't quite make it on the next level. Both falter in the face of (overly?) high expectations. Both got put into situations in which they were in over their heads. I think they have been jerked around and are not quite tough enough, mentally and physically, to have emerged from their respective situations.

It reminds me of what the Yankees do with guys who would be #1a/#2 starters on other teams.

On an aside, anyone else think that Coy Wire and Josh Reed are very similar players?  Both superb athletes who had good college careers and don't quite make it on the next level.  Both falter in the face of (overly?) high expectations.  Both got put into situations in which they were in over their heads.  I think they have been jerked around and are not quite tough enough, mentally and physically, to have emerged from their respective situations.

It reminds me of what the Yankees do with guys who would be #1a/#2 starters on other teams.

190407[/snapback]

There is no way Wire can start on defense but I thought he was pretty good on Special teams.

There is no way Wire can start on defense but I thought he was pretty good on Special teams.

190450[/snapback]

I totally agree with that. And having great special teams was a big reason why we turned things around this year.

He had mentioned that he and Peerless were good friends and would like to join him in Atlanta.  However, with Mr. Vick and his inability to get the ball to his receivers Peerles is less than happy and is being driven out of Atlanta tied to a railroad car.  To be honest Peerless isn't a #1 but he is a good #2.  Vick is a terrible "QB" who thinks run first and throwing second.  He is also quick to blame his receivers or anyone when there is a problem.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings hasn't watch this crap over the last couple of years and will pass on playing with "Mr. Selfish (Vick)".

190385[/snapback]

While you may consider Mike Vick selfish look at the guys recieving core.

First let's look at the positive. Alge Crumpler is going to the Pro Bowl. But, he's been injured on and off during the season.

Atlanta's 3 deep core is Price/Finnerian/Dez White. Not even Peyton could do much with these guys.

Selfish Vick led his team to an 11-3 record this year. I don't count the last two games b/c he really didn't play much yesterday. And when he did ATL was B word slapping Seattle anyways.

Doesn't really matter b/c for the 2nd time in 3 years, or in both of Vick's first full seasons, Atlanta is going to the playoffs. While Buffalo is still sitting home.

While you may consider Mike Vick selfish look at the guys recieving core.

First let's look at the positive. Alge Crumpler is going to the Pro Bowl. But, he's been injured on and off during the season.

Atlanta's 3 deep core is Price/Finnerian/Dez White. Not even Peyton could do much with these guys.

Selfish Vick led his team to an 11-3 record this year. I don't count the last two games b/c he really didn't play much yesterday. And when he did ATL was B word slapping Seattle anyways.

Doesn't really matter b/c for the 2nd time in 3 years, or in both of Vick's first full seasons, Atlanta is going to the playoffs. While Buffalo is still sitting home.

190462[/snapback]

Yeah and every receiver there publicly stating that Vick doesn't look to pass the ball.