With No FLo What's Mcgee Brought To The Show ??

T master

I was just reading a thing on how Stephon Gilmore drew the Fitzgerald card (no pun intended) for this weeks game . Plus the fact that i was at the game at The Ralph & watched our Bills make history against the Pats i didn't see T . Mcgee any where .

And i haven't read or heard any thing about him , is he still healing , is he hurt again , or has he been relegated to trying to teach the rookies the right way to cover WR's ??

Oh & how is Flo doing is he still playing , did he get cut has any one heard ??

At this point getting rid of Flo looks like a major mistake , at least he was pretty much injury free & would bring a huge play from time to time even though he could be beat every once & again , but for what ever Mcgee has been able to give the team as far as on the field time i think keeping Flo would have been the better choice .

If he is not fully back to health by now why not just cut the excess & bring in some one that can stop the bleeding in our secondary ? Arron Williams should be doing a lot more for us seeing as though he has been in the system for 2 years now even though we have changed to a 4/3 .

The last 2 weeks this guy has been made to look like a high school CB buy the likes of N.E & SF ...

Well i was just wondering if any of you all could enlighten me on the where to of Mcgee & what your thoughts of the matter might be . I know we need some kind of steadying force in the DB corp. & if he can't bring it get FLo back or something !!

Edited by T master

Dflo was a good teammate but not a good player. He was a liability, PFF did a study and found him among the worst in the league, totally picked apart by QB's. He is on IR in Detroit after getting cut from Denver prior to the season.

McGee's restructured contract makes him appealing to keep on this team. He is cap friendly, a veteran and capable of playing at a starting level. He is older, not as healthy as he once was but still better then just throwing it to someone below him on the depth chart. If we start to tank the season it may be worth throwing rookies out there...but, that's not happened yet. We have lost 3 games.

I was just reading a thing on how Stephon Gilmore drew the Fitzgerald card (no pun intended) for this weeks game . Plus the fact that i was at the game at The Ralph & watched our Bills make history against the Pats i didn't see T . Mcgee any where .

And i haven't read or heard any thing about him , is he still healing , is he hurt again , or has he been relegated to trying to teach the rookies the right way to cover WR's ??

Oh & how is Flo doing is he still playing , did he get cut has any one heard ??

At this point getting rid of Flo looks like a major mistake , at least he was pretty much injury free & would bring a huge play from time to time even though he could be beat every once & again , but for what ever Mcgee has been able to give the team as far as on the field time i think keeping Flo would have been the better choice .

If he is not fully back to health by now why not just cut the excess & bring in some one that can stop the bleeding in our secondary ? Arron Williams should be doing a lot more for us seeing as though he has been in the system for 2 years now even though we have changed to a 4/3 .

The last 2 weeks this guy has been made to look like a high school CB buy the likes of N.E & SF ...

Well i was just wondering if any of you all could enlighten me on the where to of Mcgee & what your thoughts of the matter might be . I know we need some kind of steadying force in the DB corp. & if he can't bring it get FLo back or something !!

Florence on IR with broken arm while playing for Lions

It is hard to say what Wanny and the coaches thought process is. Maybe the philosophy was to go into the season, take our lumps early on with the young guys, and see how they progress as the season rolls on?

We know that McGee is playing out his careeer this year, and I was a bit surprised to see him even make the final roster. Gilmore is a rookie, and we have certainly seen him struggle at times -- but I do also see what the Bills liked about him. He is physical and will hopefully get better as he gains experience. Williams -- I am not nearly as certain about him. He was viewed as one of the best bump corners -- not to mention run stuffers -- to have come out of college in quite some time. Clearly, he has had major trouble in defending against the pass.

I think the real probelm is that our coaches vastly overrated (like many of us did) how effective the pass rush would be. They wanted young, aggressive DBs who could get in the grill of the receivers and allow the DL to do its thing. The problem is that the DL has almost NO pressure, and the young corners have been left out in no man's land too long. That is why we see them playing 10 yards or so off the line of scrimmage this year; the coaches are so worried about not being able to get to the QB. In essence, they are taking away from the strengths of both Gilmore and Williams. Now, what has happened is that they have allowed the opponent to dictate the game. That is poor coaching.

Last week Alex Smith hardly even broke a sweat as he was hardly pressured at all and had times to watch as guys came wide open down the field. The problem is magnified by having safeties play up too close insde the box. We've seen George Wilson get beat deep multiple times in the last 2 games. Maybe that is what happens when you train safeties to play in a Dick Jauron style Cover-2, shift to a 3-4, then back to a more conventional 4-3 all within 2 years time!

For now, I would almost like seeing the safeties move back toward that Cover-2 to at least prevent the big plays they have been giving up. Let the corners (whose best trait, as I said, is being physical) play closer to the line of scrimmage -- and even blitz occasionally. Worth a try, right? Can it really get any worse? Besides, Arizona has a aterrible OL. If the defense can't create some havoc this week...

Edited by 2003Contenders

Dflo was a good teammate but not a good player. He was a liability, PFF did a study and found him among the worst in the league, totally picked apart by QB's. He is on IR in Detroit after getting cut from Denver prior to the season.

Funny part of that is that the same study showed one of the only people worse than DFlo was...A Williams.