So much for free trade

Pete

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you handle the China issue then?

be part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. Besides my iphone(which I am ditching when my contract is up, and my receiver)- I don't buy **** from China and I don't shop at Walmart.

so why not buy American Made panels?

http://www.solarworl...in-the-usa.aspx

I am hoping to. I am reading all I can about the technology and saving my pennies. It will be in the next couple years

edit- probably my computer too. But I don't buy frivolous stuff, and I do always try and buy local

be part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. Besides my iphone(which I am ditching when my contract is up, and my receiver)- I don't buy **** from China and I don't shop at Walmart.

I am hoping to. I am reading all I can about the technology and saving my pennies. It will be in the next couple years

edit- probably my computer too. But I don't buy frivolous stuff, and I do always try and buy local

So, how do you reconcile the fact that you don't buy **** from China with this, your original post?

"Free Trade is a euphemism for no workers rights, no unions, and no compliance with environmental standards and protocols such as Kyoto. It doesn't apply to banks, insurance companies, nor the auto industry. Tariffs and free trade are mutually exclusive. And now they are protecting big energy so us citizens cannot get the market price for solar energy."

So, how do you reconcile the fact that you don't buy **** from China with this, your original post?

"Free Trade is a euphemism for no workers rights, no unions, and no compliance with environmental standards and protocols such as Kyoto. It doesn't apply to banks, insurance companies, nor the auto industry. Tariffs and free trade are mutually exclusive. And now they are protecting big energy so us citizens cannot get the market price for solar energy."

Did I buy anything from China? I called out the US for all their talk about "free trade". And yes, I do realize how complicated the China situation is. Neither the US, nor China, nor the rest of the world, wants a trade war between US/China

And one of the axioms of free trade is competition is good for the consumer

Well then, why don't you make your own? Power Companies Hate This

Isn't that what Walmart does?

No, Walmart tells their suppliers "this is what we're going to pay you for your product". It's up to the producers to make their product for less than the price point.

And every store has loss leaders, not just Walmart.

(side note, anything you see in Walmart that ends in 88 cents, is below their cost)

So, Walmart sells items for less than what they pay for them?

many. For example my friend bought a fishing pole there and some tackle at Walmart and told me what deal he got. I ran the deal by a friend of mine who owns a tackle shop. He checked the numbers for that model, and it was below cost. He said he couldn't even get it at that price

No, Walmart tells their suppliers "this is what we're going to pay you for your product". It's up to the producers to make their product for less than the price point.

And every store has loss leaders, not just Walmart.

(side note, anything you see in Walmart that ends in 88 cents, is below their cost)

So are you saying Walmart negotiates a price, and the producers sometimes sell below their price point ("dumping on the market below cost")? Thank you for making my point

many. For example my friend bought a fishing pole there and some tackle at Walmart and told me what deal he got. I ran the deal by a friend of mine who owns a tackle shop. He checked the numbers for that model, and it was below cost. He said he couldn't even get it at that price

Well, what's the problem then? Walmart will soon be out of business and your friend can sell the fishing poles for more money, as long we can teach enough of you to fish.

So are you saying Walmart negotiates a price, and the producers sometimes sell below their price point ("dumping on the market below cost")? Thank you for making my point

Your argument was Walmart sells below their price point, not the producers. So no, I did not make your point. The producers have a choice, sell to Walmart or not.

Because he won't sell as many as Walmart, it's called quantity discount. If I can only purchase 300 cases of Pepsi a month for my convience store, my cost will be more than the grocery store chain that can order 3,000 cases a week. Other stores don't know how much a supplier charges for the same product. You really need to go takes some classes in business managment and supply procrument.

Well, what's the problem then? Walmart will soon be out of business and your friend can sell the fishing poles for more money, as long we can teach enough of you to fish.

So it is ok for Walmart to sell below costs, but not ok for China to sell us solar energy panels below cost. Hypocrisy has it's own elegant symmetry