Bills fanbase power ranking

kickedface

I went to Bills-Seahawks in 2004. I found their fans to be very nice and welcoming. But we took over that parking lot and every single fan I talked to- to a man- said seattle is a Mariners town first. I would put the Chiefs #2 behind the Packers.

Definitely not true anymore. The Mariners have fostered a lot of ill will in Seattle - they oppose the new arena deal that would bring the NHL and the SuperSonics back, because they fear the competition it would bring for the public's entertainment dollars. Ownership refuses to invest any money in the team, ticket prices are sky high, and attendance is pathetic. You can walk up the day of the game and get your choice of any section in the ballpark - even when they are playing the Yankees or Red Sox.

The Seahawks have taken over the town since their Super Bowl appearance. In fact I would argue that UW football is higher on the totem pole than Mariners baseball at this point. That being said, I don't think Seattle is a great sports town - they have a core group of supporters but enthusiasm doesn't spread much further than that. In Buffalo, odds are good that a random guy on the street will be able to identify who Ryan Fitzpatrick is. Here, it's more probable that a random person will think Matt Hasselbeck is the current quarterback of the Seahawks instead of Russell Wilson.