Marcellus Wiley talks Ralph

Through all the gm changes, coaching changes, player personell etc etc. Only one man has been the constant. Keep thinking "it's just the coaches" That's nice Ralph "kept the team in Buffalo" but being scared into not holding him accountable well that's not something any fan should be backed into. Save a decade he's been a pretty horrible owner.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally, 100% agree...At this point I'm willing to believe it is a curse...Because there are almost no logical explanations for what has gone on over the past decade plus... B-)

i respectfully disagree, the only "curse" has been ownership and what is transpiring off the field with a lack of succession plan just adds fuel to the fire.

I for one, was not a Flutie guy, but it was hard to argue with his record...but that season Flutie was playing dreadfully the last 6 or 7 games, and his arm appeared to be getting weaker by the week. It almost seemed like it was getting to the point that they were winning in spite of him, rather than because of him. I am not sure I would have made the move that Ralph (apparently) ordered right before the playoffs, but I won't say I wasn't kind of excited about it at the time.

I can dispute his record. Not an overly accurate passer, despite having targets like Moulds and Riemersma. Had one of the best defenses in the league. We were a bubble playoff team that won a bad division. Turned over the ball atthe end against Miami.

He was a guy that could help a bad team be mediocre, but wasn't the guy who elevates a franchise.

Was he better than Rob Johnson? Everyone knows that is a yes. Being better than Rob Johnson doesn't get you far

Edited by Adam

I'll never get over that move. One of the dumbest in the history of sports. And I don't care if the team was winning when Johnson stepped of the field. I watched that game and he sucked ass.

This is crap, he played well enough in a hostile environment, in terrible weather, and against a very good defense to win the game. Flutie may have done the same and I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but to say he sucked ass is wrong. Flutie was not the reason the Bills made the playoffs that season, it was all the defense.

Let's put things in perspective. Wiley was good friends with Flutie. Rob Johnson is not the reason why we "lost" the game against the Titans.

People also seem to forget about Flutie's performance at the end of the playoff game in Miami against the Dolphins.

This again?? FWIW Moulds performance at the beginning of the game determined Fluties performance at the end of the game.

Buffalo passing: Doug Flutie 21-36 for 360 yards, 1 INT, 1 TD

Buffalo rushing: Thurman Thomas 7-33, Doug Flutie 4-29

Not a bad day for Flutie.. costly turnovers (4 lost 4) including first play should have set us up for TD. Defense gave up 10 pts in 4th Qtr which cost the win.

But you are right it was all Fluties fault for losing that game.

I'll never get over that move. One of the dumbest in the history of sports. And I don't care if the team was winning when Johnson stepped of the field. I watched that game and he sucked ass.

Both guys sucked.

i respectfully disagree, the only "curse" has been ownership and what is transpiring off the field with a lack of succession plan just adds fuel to the fire.

Well...I guess I should have hit the sarcasm button...Because I don't really think we're cursed...It does seem to me to be the most logical explanation though...Which is quite scary... ;)

Both guys sucked.

But Flutie had magical leprechaun powers...So...Don't underestimate that aspect... ;)

This again?? FWIW Moulds performance at the beginning of the game determined Fluties performance at the end of the game.

Buffalo passing: Doug Flutie 21-36 for 360 yards, 1 INT, 1 TD

Buffalo rushing: Thurman Thomas 7-33, Doug Flutie 4-29

Not a bad day for Flutie.. costly turnovers (4 lost 4) including first play should have set us up for TD. Defense gave up 10 pts in 4th Qtr which cost the win.

But you are right it was all Fluties fault for losing that game.

Do you remember what happened at the end of that game?

This is crap, he played well enough in a hostile environment, in terrible weather, and against a very good defense to win the game. Flutie may have done the same and I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but to say he sucked ass is wrong. Flutie was not the reason the Bills made the playoffs that season, it was all the defense.

Very well said.

Do you remember what happened at the end of that game?

Very well said.

I remember a perfectly thrown ball to Andre Reed then Reed bumping a ref moving the ball off the 1 yard line changnig a sure touchdown to a force a field goal to draw us within 4. I remember an onside kick recovery then more fantastic completions setting us up at the 5 yard line with time running out. And yes I remember Doug Flutie holding on to the ball a second too long trying to make a play as he had all fourth quarter after Thurman missed a block on Trace Armstrong who then leveled Flutie and dislodged the ball while Ruben Brown looked at it laying on the ground. Is that how Flutie cost us the game? Damn he sucked..

I remember a perfectly thrown ball to Andre Reed then Reed bumping a ref moving the ball off the 1 yard line changnig a sure touchdown to a force a field goal to draw us within 4. I remember an onside kick recovery then more fantastic completions setting us up at the 5 yard line with time running out. And yes I remember Doug Flutie holding on to the ball a second too long trying to make a play as he had all fourth quarter after Thurman missed a block on Trace Armstrong who then leveled Flutie and dislodged the ball while Ruben Brown looked at it laying on the ground. Is that how Flutie cost us the game? Damn he sucked..

Yeah. The people here who hate Flutie is beyond me. The guy just won everywhere he went. Cannot even believe people liked Johnson at all - ever.

At least while he was with the Bills. Some hate facts, I guess. Or maybe they have a short person problem.

The guy won. No time in history did a QB lead a team to the playoffs, then not start. Except under Ralph.

But Ralph's great. I mean he spends $$ every 10 years. When he HAS to. And then folks say....

A fish rots from the head down.

Ahhh that is right.. thanks for correcting.. It was Jerry O not Ruben Brown who stared at the ball on the ground.. my bad

Was that Jerry O who pump faked, did not see the the Dolphins best pass rusher from his non blind side, and fumbled the ball at the end of the game on the door step of the Dolphins end zone.

Listen, Flutie had some good games for the Bills. For a good part of the Dolphin game, he played pretty well. Yet, the Flutopians always seem to B word and moan about how we would have won the Titans playoff game if only Flutie had played but, at the same time, always seem to forget that he did play in a Bills playoff game and did not have his magic pixie dust when the game was on the line. At the most crucial time of the game, he fumbled the ball. I was there. We should have won that freaking game.

Those teams were the beneficiaries of a very good Buffalo defense.

Edited by Peter