Obama Big Bird Commericial

http://thehill.com/video/260893-new-obama-ad-uses-big-bird-to-hit-romney-on-deficit-wall-street

There's most likely some kind of Copyright® or Trademark on using images of Big Bird in a commercial. PBS would probably take issue with Big Bird selling Chevys, Bud Light, or Big Macs

Did Team Obama seek permission to use Big Bird in their commercial?

Did Team Obama pay PBS for using Big Bird? If not, does this constitute a campaign contribution by PBS to Team Obama?

Watching that, it looks more like someone whipped up on their own as satire than an actual campaign commercial. I wonder if it will be shown on TV.

Chuck Todd at NBC News says its running nationally. Thought I'll add, not for long. It's getting mocked in social media at every level and from every angle as the most ridiculous small ball possible.

Silliness sqared.

The debate moderator asked Governor Romney for a specific area where he would trim the budget and he gave Public Broadcasting as his example.

Now in a rather desparate attempt to deflect from President Obama's legendary debate performance, we get this.

Just another in a long long line of reasons why this nincompoop needs to be thrown out of office.

I care more about the future of my country than how much federal money Big Bird will lose if Mitt gets in. And, it's beginning to look like that's a distinct possibility now since BO got undressed in public.

Now in a rather desperate attempt to deflect from President Obama's legendary debate performance, we get this.

Something I never stopped to consider with the ad:

http://news.firedogl..._medium=twitter

There’s only one thing that sticks out to me about this ad, though the casual viewer probably won’t notice it. Let’s look at that litany of Wall Street “criminals” and “gluttons of greed,” which later get juxtaposed with Big Bird. You have Bernie Madoff, Ken Lay and Dennis Kozlowski. So two CEOs prosecuted and convicted by George W. Bush’s Justice Department, and Madoff, whose son turned him in before Obama took office, in December 2008, and who pleaded guilty.

So the Obama campaign could not fill a list of three Wall Street criminals that the Obama Justice Department actually sent to jail. Heck, they couldn’t fill a list of one!

This is despite Eric Holder telling students at Columbia University in February of this year that his Justice Department’s record of success on fighting financial fraud crimes “has been nothing less than historic.” But not historic enough that his boss could point to, well, one Wall Street criminal behind bars as a result of DoJ’s actions.

http://thehill.com/v...cit-wall-street

There's most likely some kind of Copyright® or Trademark™ on using images of Big Bird in a commercial. PBS would probably take issue with Big Bird selling Chevys, Bud Light, or Big Macs

Did Team Obama seek permission to use Big Bird in their commercial?

Did Team Obama pay PBS for using Big Bird? If not, does this constitute a campaign contribution by PBS to Team Obama?

"Sesame Workshop has asked the Obama campaign to take down a new TV ad that prominently features the famous talking bird, in a satirical spot mocking Mitt Romney for calling for an end to PBS subsidies."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/obama-campaign-deploys-big-bird-in-new-ad/

Silliness sqared.

The debate moderator asked Governor Romney for a specific area where he would trim the budget and he gave Public Broadcasting as his example.

Now in a rather desparate attempt to deflect from President Obama's legendary debate performance, we get this.

As pathetic as the tactic is, it is very prowerful. Think of all the people who grew up on Sesame Street, and how they still today refer to it in a positive, wholesome way....

What morons will NOT seperate here is this.... Sesame Street will survive without Federal Support- and on the flip side, the PBS outlays is 1/100 of 1% of the Federal budget. So it makes Obama's campaign look petty, but emasculates Romney's sincerelty of really tacking sending (yes, our leadership is talking PBS and Sesame Street, not SS, Medicare and Defense outlays... LOLOL) But the message people will walk away with, and listen to them talk about in a crowd, is how Romney will Cancel Big Bird, S Street and hurt Kids...

I do find i facinating how many of my friends have alreay picked up "Kills Sesame Street, Support Wall Street" slogan- its hard rto believe this kind of **** works...

I'll bet not one person I ask of the next 10 people I walk by have any idea how much Federal outlays account for S Street Budget..... lol

zzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Keep voting for Obama and most people won't be able to afford suits :P

zzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz both guys are empty suits zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seems to me that Mr. Romney is the exact opposite of an empty suit. He has been successful at almost everything he has tried.

Seems to me that Mr. Romney is the exact opposite of an empty suit. He has been successful at almost everything he has tried.

Dude, you're totally harshing Adam's schtick.

Obama needs to stop this Sesame Street crap. It makes his campaign look terrible.

Obama-Icarus.jpg