4 Steps to Salvage the Season

If I were Chan I would:

1. Fire Wanny. We all know how bad the D is, but is it all Wanny's fault? Well, think of all the bad Bills teams over the years. None gave up as many yards in a game as we did against SF. Even in the Montana/Young/Rice/Roger Craig years, the 49ers never had that many yards. Not since the 1950 New York Yankees football team has a NFL club given up 550+ yards in consecutive games. We've allowed 15 points per quarter for the past 6 quarters - that's on pace for 60 points per game. Wanny's performance isn't just bad, it's historically bad. It's epic bad. If we don't fire Wanny, Chan is effectively telling everyone in the organization that there's no accountability and horrible performance is tolerable.

2. Promote Bob Sanders to interim DC. Sanders had ups and downs in his last stint as a DC but his downs were never this darkly extreme. It would be hard for an outsider to come in as DC in midseason. They wouldn't know the schemes, terminology or players and wouldn't be able to teach a new system overnight. Really, what outsider would want the job/title under these dire conditions with such minimal chance for success? Sanders is the only viable choice.

3. Hire the best unemployeed defensive mind(s) out there to assist Sanders. Sign this person to a 2 year contract with a good salary and the possibility that they become the DC next year. This person would sit in the box, diagnosing X's and O's and familiarizing himself with the team while communicating with Sanders via headset. Sanders would be on the sideline providing leadership and coaching to his subordinate coaches and players.

4. Instruct Sanders and the defensive coaching staff to attack. As an offensive HC, I wouldn't micromanage the defensive coaching staff but I would be very clear that I want my defense to be tough, aggressive, and sound in the fundamentals. I would observe the defensive practices and demand these things from everyone everyday and demote anyone who didn't deliver.

These four steps wouldn't solve all our problems, but they would go a long way.

Step 1. Hire John Gruden For HC

2 . Hire Mangini for DC

3 . Trade Mario For John Skelton

4. Trade Fred Jackson for Jordy Nelson

If I were Chan I would:

1. Fire Wanny. We all know how bad the D is, but is it all Wanny's fault? Well, think of all the bad Bills teams over the years. None gave up as many yards in a game as we did against SF. Even in the Montana/Young/Rice/Roger Craig years, the 49ers never had that many yards. Not since the 1950 New York Yankees football team has a NFL club given up 550+ yards in consecutive games. We've allowed 15 points per quarter for the past 6 quarters - that's on pace for 60 points per game. Wanny's performance isn't just bad, it's historically bad. It's epic bad. If we don't fire Wanny, Chan is effectively telling everyone in the organization that there's no accountability and horrible performance is tolerable.

2. Promote Bob Sanders to interim DC. Sanders had ups and downs in his last stint as a DC but his downs were never this darkly extreme. It would be hard for an outsider to come in as DC in midseason. They wouldn't know the schemes, terminology or players and wouldn't be able to teach a new system overnight. Really, what outsider would want the job/title under these dire conditions with such minimal chance for success? Sanders is the only viable choice.

3. Hire the best unemployeed defensive mind(s) out there to assist Sanders. Sign this person to a 2 year contract with a good salary and the possibility that they become the DC next year. This person would sit in the box, diagnosing X's and O's and familiarizing himself with the team while communicating with Sanders via headset. Sanders would be on the sideline providing leadership and coaching to his subordinate coaches and players.

4. Instruct Sanders and the defensive coaching staff to attack. As an offensive HC, I wouldn't micromanage the defensive coaching staff but I would be very clear that I want my defense to be tough, aggressive, and sound in the fundamentals. I would observe the defensive practices and demand these things from everyone everyday and demote anyone who didn't deliver.

These four steps wouldn't solve all our problems, but they would go a long way.

Your goal should not be to salvage the season. Your goal should be to tank the season, then get the best possible QB in the upcoming draft! :angry:

Watching the Jets v Texans game last night , and as much as I hate Ryan I loved what he did in the 1st half on O. And that is simply he did the unexpected. So... IF I was your HC i do this:

1. Pitch it out to either CJ or Freddy then have them throw it to a streaking Fitz.

2.Dial up exotic blitzes, make it so Kolb has NO idea where the blitzer will come from next.

3. Do a reverse or maybe even a double reverse to one of yur speedy wide receivers.

4. FAKE a punt or FG

5. IF the game is close and it is 4 and 4 from the 40 line up like your going for it and have Fitz pooch kick it.

Basically IMO the Bills have NOTHING to lose so throw the kitchen sink at the Cards, I mean whats the worst can happen? You lose 42-3 again?

Watching the Jets v Texans game last night , and as much as I hate Ryan I loved what he did in the 1st half on O. And that is simply he did the unexpected. So... IF I was your HC i do this:

1. Pitch it out to either CJ or Freddy then have them throw it to a streaking Fitz.

2.Dial up exotic blitzes, make it so Kolb has NO idea where the blitzer will come from next.

3. Do a reverse or maybe even a double reverse to one of yur speedy wide receivers.

4. FAKE a punt or FG

5. IF the game is close and it is 4 and 4 from the 40 line up like your going for it and have Fitz pooch kick it.

Basically IMO the Bills have NOTHING to lose so throw the kitchen sink at the Cards, I mean whats the worst can happen? You lose 42-3 again?

Hmmm, I was going to say something out of the ordinary would be establish the run early with counters and dives and then (this is where it gets tricky), fake a handoff to CJ or Fred and throw to Chandler for a 10 yd gain. After you get first down, repeat step 1. I know, I know...it's a weird concept but it is what other successful teams call "play action" and it can't be executed with an empty backfield/5 WR set. Maybe we have this in our playbook???

4. FAKE a punt or FG

1. With our luck Spiller or FJ will tear their rotator cuff throwing the ball

2. Would love to see this but Wanny has no imagination

3. I'd be okay with seeing TJ on a reverse

4. Yes please(fake punts work quite often)

5. ehhh

I'd like to see players get benched and Wanny get moved down to the field. I think that will shake some people up.

Watching the Jets v Texans game last night , and as much as I hate Ryan I loved what he did in the 1st half on O. And that is simply he did the unexpected.

The thing is, PatsFanNH, Wannstache seems to have a D with no idea how to stunt or dial up a blitz, let alone an exotic one.

His whole idea seems to be to bring pressure with 4. When that doesn't work against 6 blockers, the QB has time for the DB to get beat and down we go.

If he can't manage something as simple as taking out a nickle D that's being smashed into the ground by a relatively-weak running team like the Pats, why is there any hope he could manage to dial up a blitz, let alone an exotic one?

The same thing seems to be true of Chan. The power running game worked well against KC and that's the last we've seen of it. He is passing on 3rd and 2. THIRD AND 2! Get the first down first, Dammit Chan, dial up a fresh set of downs to take shots at the endzone.