Biden Vs. Ryan "Game Day Thread" LOL

Never....for now.

I almost guarantee you have some Air Farce Major General telling his Joint Chief not to worry, that his wings can take them down in one strike, and that everything will be fine.

This is how the trouble starts. The Air Force doesn't win wars. In fact it isn't capable of that. It's great, you love to have them overhead, but the only thing it can completely defeat...is the other side's air force. But, the politicians like the Air Force, because we can "take action" with very little chance of loss. We can hit and run, and it even looks good on a balance sheet.

Thus, we will never go into Iran because of the Air Force, for now...until what always happens...happens. Then? We will see.

I agree with a lot of your logic in this post -- but still think you're dreaming. Based on what I heard last night it doesn't matter who's in office. War is coming -- again. Both guys are marching to the same orders on this one.

Wrong...only because nowadays, they dial up the Navy and have 'em throw Tomahawks.

I can't wait to see which of our resident window-lickers decides to argue that "The Air Force does TOO win wars!"

This is true as well -- do you think that there is any sort of strike package that could realistically be used to assure Iran doesn't develop nukes? I don't think so but I'm guessing.

Edit: A strike package alone I mean -- without ground forces following it up (inspectors don't count). And, obviously excluding a nuclear strike on our part or Israel's.

Edited by tgreg99

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of your logic in this post -- but still think you're dreaming. Based on what I heard last night it doesn't matter who's in office. War is coming -- again. Both guys are marching to the same orders on this one.

This is true as well -- do you think that there is any sort of strike package that could realistically be used to assure Iran doesn't develop nukes? I don't think so but I'm guessing.

No there isn't. And Tom is wrong, or, I haven't heard about "bunker busting" Tomahawks, and therefore I am wrong.

I also haven't heard about any fuel-air explosive Tomahawks. We'll see if that works = Drop a heavier than air explosive particulate that seeps into the air vents, etc. and then light it, it literally sets all the air on fire. Yikes. And, after that, for the sealed areas, drop those new Air Force bombs than can go 4 stories down through reinforced concrete before it goes off.

As far as the other stuff goes, we will do what we always do, send bombs from far away, and have the SF/CIA who we sent in a week before, and who are now nestled in a safe hiding place, tell us what happens.

The problem is: you rarely get them/it all. Perhaps these new weapons will this time? Who knows?

And, once you bomb them, they tell the rest of the world there were civilians there...and the liberal clowns in this country buy it, co-opt it, and start calling for impeachment. They learned from the Communists: oppose every war, except ones that help communists, and try to gain political power through that opposition. Precisely how we have Obama in office today.

The real problem is, once you bomb them, you give them a pretext for war, and now the whole thing escalates. So, by "avoiding war" you are actually fostering it, because your air strikes/naval bombardment, have no staying power. The next day, you wake up, and the a-holes are still in charge of Iran, and now have a story that fires up their people.

The Army and Marines are what wins wars. Period.

The bishops speak: Joe, you lied

Joe Biden got away with a number of whoppers last night, one of them on the enormities committed against religious institutions by Obamacare. Today the Catholic Bishops have issued a statement putting the lie to Biden’s whopper:

Last night, the following statement was made during the Vice Presidential debate regarding the decision of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to force virtually all employers to include sterilization and contraception, including drugs that may cause abortion, in the health insurance coverage they provide their employees:

With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear. No religious institution—Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital—none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact. That is a fact.”

This is not a fact. The HHS mandate contains a narrow, four-part exemption for certain “religious employers.” That exemption was made final in February and does not extend to “Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital,” or any other religious charity that offers its services to all, regardless of the faith of those served.

HHS has proposed an additional “accommodation” for religious organizations like these, which HHS itself describes as “non-exempt.” That proposal does not even potentially relieve these organizations from the obligation “to pay for contraception” and “to be a vehicle to get contraception.” They will have to serve as a vehicle, because they will still be forced to provide their employees with health coverage, and that coverage will still have to include sterilization, contraception, and abortifacients. They will have to pay for these things, because the premiums that the organizations (and their employees) are required to pay will still be applied, along with other funds, to cover the cost of these drugs and surgeries.

USCCB continues to urge HHS, in the strongest possible terms, actually to eliminate the various infringements on religious freedom imposed by the mandate.

WTF cares?

People who believe that the government shouldn't dictate religion and anyone else who doesn't believe in paying for something they don't want. In addition anyone who wants honesty out of their public officials.

Edited by 3rdnlng

101212.jpg

There's that...and...then there's this: http://www.rollingst...2?stop_mobi=yes

Matt Tiabbi....who literally looks like the word "snarky", saying exactly what many said he would, exactly how many expected.

Isn't it funny, that you don't have to work very hard to predict the behavior of the far-left? It takes barely any effort at all, and certainly no deep analysis. They have literally nothing to offer. If we already know what they are going to say, before they say it, every time, then we can learn nothing form them, and they are useless.

And, while these people laugh...they lose. They lose, and then they tell themselves it's everybody else's fault. It's amazing that even after 2010, and what is coming now, they haven't yet learned to be introspective.

It's also amazing that a guy can spend an entire article breaking down a plan, rightly or wrongly, but not recognize what is right in front of his nose: where is the Obama plan?

Why aren't you comparing one plan to another? Because there is nothing to compare.

Keep laughing jackass....but don't expect us to take you seriously any time soon. You are a joke.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

the number one problem affecting the US and the rest of the world is the economy and the rest is just a sideshow.

Agree w/ the first part, completely disagree w/ the second part. I understand you are Canadian, so it may be hard for you to understand what power our President has and what we sometimes do w/ that power...but "sideshow" is not....US foreign policy. Maybe Canadian foreign policy...

(btw...I know you understand this...I'm being an ass)

Edited by TheNewBills

Agree w/ the first part, completely disagree w/ the second part. I understand you are Canadian, so it may be hard for you to understand what power our President has and what we sometimes do w/ that power...but "sideshow" is not....US foreign policy. Maybe Canadian foreign policy...

(btw...I know you understand this...I'm being an ass)

Canadian foreign policy is effectively follow everyone else.

That being said, I don't think fundamentally that either would do anything different on the foreign policy front. I look at their economic philosophies and Obama just reminds me of every left wing loon who has no clue how a lemonade stand works.

If the US economy doesn't wake the !@#$ up soon, then yes, the rest will be a !@#$ing sideshow.

True, lemonade stands. Nice point.

Still being an ass?

I stole the lemonade stand comment from Sununu. Don't want to violate copyright infringement on talk show rants.

Edited by meazza

Still being an ass?

I stole the lemonade stand comment from Sununu. Don't want to violate copyright infringement on talk show rants.

Ass for a few days. yes. 3AM....assuming football weekend goes well...ass next week as well.

Edited by TheNewBills

Ass for a few days. yes. 3AM....assuming football weekend goes well...ass next week as well.

That's fine. You could keep pretending that you know what you're talking about and I can go on pretending as well.

One of us is right. Only time will tell.