Biden Vs. Ryan "Game Day Thread" LOL

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After going back over some of that debate, I think Joe came off as a real jerk off. He had his moments here and there, but overall he acted like an obnoxious, entitled brat. I'd have liked to smack that stupid smirk off his face.

I think that his two responses to the Libya cover up scandal are only going to fast track Obama's "Watergate". They didn't ask for more security? Really? The intelligence community was telling them that it was the video? Really?

As with Nixon, Obama is screwed because it's the cover up that always brings you down in the end. America will demand an answer to who told Rice to say what she said and why Obama bold-faced lied about what happened in Libya on Letterman.

Was that Justin Bieber?

RYAN: "We cannot allow Iran to gain a nuclear weapons capability. Now, let's take a look at where we've gone — come from. When Barack Obama was elected, they had enough fissile material — nuclear material — to make one bomb. Now they have enough for five. They're racing toward a nuclear weapon. They're four years closer toward a nuclear weapons capability."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim is misleading. Iran isn't believed to have produced any of the highly enriched uranium needed to produce even one nuclear weapon, let alone five. That point isn't even disputed by Israel, whose Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored the world at the United Nations last month to create a "red line" at enrichment above 20 percent. Iran would have to enrich uranium at much higher levels to produce a weapon. There is intelligence suggesting that Iran has worked on weapon designs, but not that it has developed a delivery system for any potential nuclear warhead

I loved the early part of this thread..."Biden is crushing! Biden is killing!" And then as the debate went on, the same people slink away when they realize that Biden's condescending smile was a strategy gone wrong for the whole 90 minutes. Substance doesn't matter when people are calling you a buffoon on national TV.

While VP debates typically don't tilt scales, I think Biden's comment about not getting requests for more security in Benghazi could make this a very memorable debate, because the State Dept. spent an entire day this week explaining how often they asked for extra security. I suspect if they let Biden out of the motel this week, he would know how completely out of touch he sounded on this.

We'll see if the media keeps moving on Benghazi, or if they follow Stephanie Cutter's lead that four Americans murdered in a terrorist attack is only an issue because Romney/Ryan are making it one.

We know how you think about that whole Mayan Crapocalypse thing, but is there any chance we could delay WWIII/Armageddon to the 22nd? My birthday is the 21st and I want to have a happy birthday. The 22nd, I'll be too hung over to notice

Fine. For you, we'll move the date to the 22nd. This is going to be a huge headache for the mole people but I'll lean on them. Don't say I never did anything for you!

I loved the early part of this thread..."Biden is crushing! Biden is killing!" And then as the debate went on, the same people slink away when they realize that Biden's condescending smile was a strategy gone wrong for the whole 90 minutes. Substance doesn't matter when people are calling you a buffoon on national TV.

While VP debates typically don't tilt scales, I think Biden's comment about not getting requests for more security in Benghazi could make this a very memorable debate, because the State Dept. spent an entire day this week explaining how often they asked for extra security. I suspect if they let Biden out of the motel this week, he would know how completely out of touch he sounded on this.

We'll see if the media keeps moving on Benghazi, or if they follow Stephanie Cutter's lead that four Americans murdered in a terrorist attack is only an issue because Romney/Ryan are making it one.

To be fair if Romney and Ryan didn't make an issue of it, the media would brush it under the rug, to ensure it wasn't an issue for the messiah.

Patrial facts and the bending the truth by Ryan - It was laughable.

Trashing Obama for Solyndra aka clean energy and what commercial was shown? Myth to invest in CLEAN ENERGY!!!!

And yes when Biden bent the truth It too was almost laughable.

Budget Cuts wanted by the GOP -

Security cuts

Claim: Biden said Ryan's budget called for a $300 million cut to security of the U.S. Embassy in Libya.

The facts: Ryan's budget plan would have cut non-defense discretionary spending by 19% in 2014, according to The Hill newspaper. The blueprint doesn't specify cuts to embassy security, but the Obama campaign says the figure — if applied across the board — would result in a $300 million decrease in funding for protection, construction and maintenance of all U.S. embassies. The Romney campaign disputed the claim, saying no specific cuts were recommended

Romney’s Clean Energy Whoppers

http://www.factcheck...nergy-whoppers/

If today is Friday is Mitt for or against govenment backing of Clean Energy? Or is he still in support of the West Virginia coal miners??

Is Mitt for cutting the budget or not?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It says something interesting about Washington that Biden’s schtick is seen as effective. I think part of it stems from his popularity among the Old Guard of D.C. To be sure, he’s a backslapper with journalists and pols. But it also stems from the aloofness of the D.C. establishment that thinks it knows what “real voters” like and that Biden’s “middle class Joe” b.s. is it.

It is a strange kind of cynical condescension when a journalist finds Biden’s cornpone act personally unconvincing but is sure that the little people will eat it up. The problem is that there’s remarkably little evidence for this (heck, going into the debate it was Biden, not “wonky” Ryan who was less likable). And going by the instant polls and the dial-lines Biden’s act fell short.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/330284/about-debate-jonah-goldberg

Ryan was just the male version of Palin tonight. Both pretty, both totally scripted, both more successful than anticipated -- Palin just played better to you (and most men) because she's a MILF and men are easier to manipulate in that fashion. I bet Ryan played really well tonight to the females, you just saw through his talking points because he doesn't have hooters.

Palin also didn't try to be as substantial as Ryan tried, and spent as much time needling Biden as Biden did Ryan.

Biden basically Pailned Ryan. :D

Patrial facts and the bending the truth by Ryan - It was laughable.

Trashing Obama for Solyndra aka clean energy and what commercial was shown? Myth to invest in CLEAN ENERGY!!!!

And yes when Biden bent the truth It too was almost laughable.

Budget Cuts wanted by the GOP -

Security cuts

Claim: Biden said Ryan's budget called for a $300 million cut to security of the U.S. Embassy in Libya.

The facts: Ryan's budget plan would have cut non-defense discretionary spending by 19% in 2014, according to The Hill newspaper. The blueprint doesn't specify cuts to embassy security, but the Obama campaign says the figure — if applied across the board — would result in a $300 million decrease in funding for protection, construction and maintenance of all U.S. embassies. The Romney campaign disputed the claim, saying no specific cuts were recommended

Romney’s Clean Energy Whoppers

http://www.factcheck...nergy-whoppers/

If today is Friday is Mitt for or against govenment backing of Clean Energy? Or is he still in support of the West Virginia coal miners??

Is Mitt for cutting the budget or not?

Yeah, that was a real knee-slapper by Biden.

VP Debate Takeaway: Keep That Man Away from the Button

By Peter Kirsanow

bullet_blue.gifBiden bucked up gloomy MSNBC liberals, but two days from now people will remember only two things about the debate: Biden’s manic behavior and his demonstrably false statements about security and intelligence pertaining to Libya.

bullet_blue.gifPaul Ryan presented himself as a credible VP.

bullet_blue.gifSnap polls: Michael Barone reports Associated Press had Ryan up 51–43, CNN had Ryan up 48–44, CBS had Biden up 50–31 and CNBC had Ryan up 56–36.

bullet_blue.gifBiden’s Libya falsehoods will be a significant problem for Obama in the next two debates.

The debate didn’t change the dynamics of the presidential race. That doesn’t help Obama.

Edited by B-Man

VP Debate Takeaway: Keep That Man Away from the Button

By Peter Kirsanow

bullet_blue.gifBiden bucked up gloomy MSNBC liberals, but two days from now people will remember only two things about the debate: Biden’s manic behavior and his demonstrably false statements about security and intelligence pertaining to Libya.

bullet_blue.gifPaul Ryan presented himself as a credible VP.

bullet_blue.gifSnap polls: Michael Barone reports Associated Press had Ryan up 51–43, CNN had Ryan up 48–44, CBS had Biden up 50–31 and CNBC had Ryan up 56–36.

bullet_blue.gifBiden’s Libya falsehoods will be a significant problem for Obama in the next two debates.

The debate didn’t change the dynamics of the presidential race. That doesn’t help Obama.

Let's just be real here. Biden was a crazy old man and I felt as if his transcript could have easily translated into some of the left wing loons on PPP. Ryan looks like an accountant and not really like a leader and I didn't buy his foreign policy. The reason I didn't buy it is because I don't really believe the GOP candidates have that much to offer on the foreign policy front.

That being said, the number one problem affecting the US and the rest of the world is the economy and the rest is just a sideshow.

Let's just be real here. Biden was a crazy old man and I felt as if his transcript could have easily translated into some of the left wing loons on PPP. Ryan looks like an accountant and not really like a leader and I didn't buy his foreign policy. The reason I didn't buy it is because I don't really believe the GOP candidates have that much to offer on the foreign policy front.

That being said, the number one problem affecting the US and the rest of the world is the economy and the rest is just a sideshow.

Maybe the rest of the world. The number one problem affecting the US is Big Bird's job security.

So... when do we go into Iran? I'm thinking right around December 21st, personally.

Never....for now.

I almost guarantee you have some Air Farce Major General telling his Joint Chief not to worry, that his wings can take them down in one strike, and that everything will be fine.

This is how the trouble starts. The Air Force doesn't win wars. In fact it isn't capable of that. It's great, you love to have them overhead, but the only thing it can completely defeat...is the other side's air force. But, the politicians like the Air Force, because we can "take action" with very little chance of loss. We can hit and run, and it even looks good on a balance sheet.

Thus, we will never go into Iran because of the Air Force, for now...until what always happens...happens. Then? We will see.

Never....for now.

I almost guarantee you have some Air Farce Major General telling his Joint Chief not to worry, that his wings can take them down in one strike, and that everything will be fine.

This is how the trouble starts. The Air Force doesn't win wars. In fact it isn't capable of that. It's great, you love to have them overhead, but the only thing it can completely defeat...is the other side's air force. But, the politicians like the Air Force, because we can "take action" with very little chance of loss. We can hit and run, and it even looks good on a balance sheet.

Thus, we will never go into Iran because of the Air Force, for now...until what always happens...happens. Then? We will see.

Wrong...only because nowadays, they dial up the Navy and have 'em throw Tomahawks.

I can't wait to see which of our resident window-lickers decides to argue that "The Air Force does TOO win wars!"