Biden Vs. Ryan "Game Day Thread" LOL

Biden won a narrow victory, not on substance, but by cackling, grinning, interrupting, yelling, and browbeating not just Paul Ryan but moderator Martha Raddatz.

He maintained control of the debate by bullying his way through it. That’s one way to go. It’s going to excite committed liberals — who, I can tell from Twitter, all think Biden led from pole to pole — but I don’t know if it’s going to move the needle on undecideds.

Moreover, watching the Luntz-style meters on CNN, Biden took a lot of hits, especially with women.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNN undecided LV panel:

Ryan won on better plan for future

Biden won on identifying with people.

Biden/Ryan/Tied all tied for who won. 1/3 for each.

They are saying Ryan did better with women...no shocker there....and again, Biden behavior.

Women don't like it when you act like an ass. Just ask your wife/girlfriend/chick that you bang, and then send out for Indian food and videos.

CBS panel of 500 non committed voters had Biden winning the debate 50-31 with 19% believing it was a tie.

I think Biden accomplished what he set out to do and got a slight win tonight.

but biden's elderly...shouldn't we excuse any foibles?

seriously, i thought his substance was on point. the visuals were not good. interestingly, i didn't see the obama/romney debate but listened to it on radio and didn't feel romney dominated as was the consensus. but visuals matter and the smirks tonight didn't help. but joe is authentic, genuine and passionate. many people like that. ryan's substance was pretty weak. visuals were ok. the specifics on the 20% tax cut magical balancing act was embarrassing. so was the question of what ryan/romney would do differently on afghanistan. overall, i saw a marginal win for joe.

Outside of Libya...everything was a draw at best minus the "but Joe was rude" angle...and the Afghan and Iran segments were honestly terrifying for Ryan.

Do you think Ryan could take Biden in a fight?

No but Joe would sneak a gun in, so yes.

CBS panel of 500 non committed voters had Biden winning the debate 50-31 with 19% believing it was a tie.

I think Biden accomplished what he set out to do and got a slight win tonight.

Sounds about right to me.

However, if I were to call my mom right now, and ask her what she thou---

I wouldn't be able to get the question out without her talking about Biden being disrespectful.

You may not know this: but women remember stuff like that. Most of the time, they remember it for 3 years and bring it up when you ask "What?" :blink:

All women have to do is remember this for less than a month...

****, I don't blame him. The nerves have to be the hardest part of all this. Hell, sometimes I pop a Xanax just to do moot court.

Just remember that it's not ineffective assistance of counsel to be drunk or fall asleep during trial.

Outside of Libya...everything was a draw at best minus the "but Joe was rude" angle...and the Afghan and Iran segments were honestly terrifying for Ryan.

we'll see more of the same at the next debate. obama was playing prevent defense and we all know that rarely works. we'll see a pit bull next time

I wouldn't be able to get the question out without her talking about Biden being disrespectful.

You may not know this: but women remember stuff like that. Most of the time, they remember it for 3 years and bring it up when you ask "What?" :blink:

yep, it's easy to characterize all women in all aspects. they're all the same :doh:

You're making it seem like women will vote for someone just because he is being "disrespectful". That seems short-sighted and probably wrong.

we'll see more of the same at the next debate. obama was playing prevent defense and we all know that rarely works. we'll see a pit bull next time

Honestly while Obama was lethargic by his own standards ..part of the problem is he just isn't a pit bull period. Never has been. Even his "passionate speeches" his supporters talk about aren't "pit bull." He won't be a pit bull. He can't be, and shouldn't try. It isn't his thing.

Edited by TheNewBills

You're making it seem like women will vote for someone just because he is being "disrespectful". That seems short-sighted and probably wrong.

Wait, isn't that what the "war on women" is all about: dissing them?

Honestly while Obama was lethargic by his own standards ..part of the problem is he just isn't a pit bull period. Never has been. Even his "passionate speeches" his supporters talk about aren't "pit bull." He won't be a pit bull. He can't be, and shouldn't try. It isn't his thing.

I agree. It's like watching a good girl try to do naughty. It just doesn't work.

I didn't see the whole thing but...

Was frustrated with both sides while joe yelled "2014" over and over while Ryan stumbled trying to explain what should've been a simple "we want to get out as soon as possible, but think fluid decision making to promote safety trumps arbitrary deadlines." I think joes belligerence as soon as Ryan stumbled made it so he just couldn't get back on track for a good chunk there. Not pretty on either side. That awkwardness on foreign affairs vs the crazy joe figure will be the storyline

Once he did get back on track I'd give the last portion to Ryan. I think he landed more shots on Obama down the stretch. The talking points tomorrow will all be that middle section though.

yep, it's easy to characterize all women in all aspects. they're all the same :doh:

Ok...

Well first of all, do you have a wife? Or, a sister for that matter? A girlfriend? A mom?

Are you trying to tell me that you're the only F'ing guy in America who that hasn't happened to? :doh:? I see your :doh: and raise you a double :doh: :doh:?

I mean, hey, if this is true, then you have won the lottery. I tip my hat, sir.

But, for the rest of us, schit like this don't fly when we do it, and we WILL hear about it. Not now...later...:wallbash:

It happened again. The app/poll I was taking during the debate (and maybe next time I'll post the questions/answers during the debate) asked "are you better off now than you were four years ago". This time I paid attention to the results. Yes 32% No 53% Stayed the Same 15% But of course all the other questions/answers that were pro-Biden had high marks and pro-Ryan had low marks.