Biden Vs. Ryan "Game Day Thread" LOL

Not that your asking me, but as I saw it...Ryan won the Libya exchange out the gate...then got steamrolled for most of the middle of the debate with some strong spots...then pulled it together towards the end. People have different opinions but I think Ryan just humiliated himself on foreign policy and Afghan in particular.

He's a numbers cruncher, that what he's known for. Biden has a huge experience edge, Ryan did well considering...

Ryan's got to smile once and a while.... He looked confident yet to tight

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you...but, if you read/watched/listened today, you'd would have gotten the impression that Biden could have gotten plenty done here.

Guess the pundits don't know, or, the Obama camp just said screw it, go in there and be a jerk, and hope that you can fire up the lowest common denominator.

One thing that did get done tonight? 47% = :death: They can say it all they want, but it's still dead.

Ryan took away their only credible weapon(which, if you look a the polling, is a double digit loser, and only a weapon to the media, and people that live in DC), and that's a net win.

Haha, media always wants you to think what they cover is important. This was the battle of the world earlier today I know.

As for the 47%...dead not dead...idk...I know it'll be on some attack ads the week before the vote.

Meh, this fires up the base, little else... The meat is next Tuesday, that it needle moving stuff...

remember the Gore/Bush debate?? The one that Gore was so condescending? How most thought Gore blew him away? Watch the polls... They're gonna be fun!!!

Only caught a couple minutes in between commercial breaks and after the 1st half of the Steelers/Titans game ended. So I'm not as up to date on this as you guys, cuz um anybody watching a debate when there's an NFL game are losers :nana:

Biden looks like an angry old guy who blinks alot and Ryan is tripping over his own tongue

Oh what ever

So, America, which man do you want a heartbeat away from the presidency in a crisis?

Probably the guy who thinks nothing is happening w/ the sanctions in Iran and wants more troops on the ground in Afghanistan and wants do some unknown thing in Syria that can only be quantified as "more involved" than we are know.

MSNBC has completely...completely ignored the Biden "act".

They are going to be shocked when they learn about the Twitter trends. It's all Biden behavior.

That's the story.

Of course it is...just like Obama's was last time. These debates are ALL about optics. Always have been, from Nixon's sweat, through tonight.

remember the Gore/Bush debate?? The one that Gore was so condescending? How most thought Gore blew him away? Watch the polls... They're gonna be fun!!!

Interested to see what 538 has to say... Very much enjoy Silvers articles....

Ryan’s Closing Argument

by Michael Graham

The next-to-the-last question was the closing argument for Ryan, and he did the only thing a VP candidate is supposed to do in these debate: He landed punches on President Obama.

Listing failed promise after failed promise from Obama was brutal. He showed that he had more to say, had a bigger case to make.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, seemed to transform into a different person at the end. Did the Xanax kick in? I’m not sure. Biden’s debating improved as his energy level came down, but he also seemed to run out of gas.

Most importantly, Biden never got to Mitt, but Ryan at the end was all over President Obama.

That debate was hilarious. Bush owned Gore in that debate without having to say a word. Al was so aggressive he looked like an angry kid trying to pick a fight & Bush would just flash an amused smile that said "is this guy serious?" His reaction blew Gore out.

Boom! I was right, you Conservatives were wrong

Didn't you predict Obama would bury Romney?

Seems like everyone is talking about Biden's behavior and not on the things that were said.

It seems like Biden was trying to be aggressive but came off like he was drunk. He did settle down towards the end of the debate but the damage may have already been done. I don't know, I don't want to vote for either one of these guys. Too bad Gary Johnson is a fraud. Decisions, decisions...

In fairness Biden was drunk. That was a drunk smile. See it all the time. Know it well.

Edited by TheNewBills

CNN undecided LV panel:

Ryan won on better plan for future

Biden won on identifying with people.

Biden/Ryan/Tied all tied for who won. 1/3 for each.

They are saying Ryan did better with women...no shocker there....and again, Biden behavior.

Women don't like it when you act like an ass. Just ask your wife/girlfriend/chick that you bang, and then send out for Indian food and videos.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Mirror??

No. Camera phone pictures night after.

CNN undecided LV panel:

Ryan won on better plan for future

Biden won on identifying with people.

Biden/Ryan/Tied all tied for who won. 1/3 for each.

They are saying Ryan did better with women...no shocker there....and again, Biden behavior.

Women don't like it when you act like an ass. Just ask your wife/girlfriend/chick that you bang, and then send out for Indian food and videos.

You keep talking about the CNN group of idiots. Why?

but biden's elderly...shouldn't we excuse any foibles?

seriously, i thought his substance was on point. the visuals were not good. interestingly, i didn't see the obama/romney debate but listened to it on radio and didn't feel romney dominated as was the consensus. but visuals matter and the smirks tonight didn't help. but joe is authentic, genuine and passionate. many people like that. ryan's substance was pretty weak. visuals were ok. the specifics on the 20% tax cut magical balancing act was embarrassing. so was the question of what ryan/romney would do differently on syria. overall, i saw a marginal win for joe.

Edited by birdog1960

Fox panel...4 women in a row = "Biden disrespectful".

This...from the "War on Women" people?

Not good.

You keep talking about the CNN group of idiots. Why?

Ohh...I don't know...something about independents and undecideds mattering a whole lot, in swing states, in close elections.

But, you're probably right, we should just focus on what MSNBC is saying right now, right?

Because...they, and their viewers, don't make up <= 20% of the electorate.

Yeah, they are the people we should focus on.