I am a Stevie Johnson fan

bills44

Imagine what Stevie could do with a QB that was accurate and could throw a deep ball

Imagine how much better Fitz may look if Stevie went after the tough passes like Megatron or Welker do...

Stevie is one of the few guys getting angry as far as I can see. He also said that everyone on the team was afraid to call out anyone of defense. That to me screams lack of leadership. Ray Lewis would have murdered 3 people on his team alone after a performance like that....

Actually, Stevie looks more and more like TO out there sulking back the huddle after another Fitz pass fails to hit him exactly between the 1 and the 3.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I found much more interesting about the interview that the OP is referring to (which I heard), was that Stevie said that (paraphrasing) that guys were too afraid to get in the face of other guys who weren't performing well...on the sideline they are "in a shell", and there just is not a lot of passion on the sidelines during the games.

He also said (again paraphrasing) that it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. He says he plays with a lot of fire and passion, but his behavior has been modified by the coaches, and the criticisms he takes from the media.... if he gets emotional on the sidelines, or in the face of teammates, and they lose, it is a "distraction", if they win it is "leadership".

The comment about "maybe we will see the 49ers in the Super Bowl" is being taken out of context of the conversation, and anyone slamming him for that is an idiot (Tom! :lol: )....it was his way of saying that they aren't giving up on the season....this was only one game, etc etc...

The comment about "maybe we will see the 49ers in the Super Bowl" is being taken out of context of the conversation, and anyone slamming him for that is an idiot (Tom! :lol: )....it was his way of saying that they aren't giving up on the season....this was only one game, etc etc...

And there's a fine line between saying "we're not giving up on the season" brashly, and saying it stupidly, and etc., etc.

I give SJ13 a lot of credit. He made two posts to FB yesterday, and the usual ultra-aggressive idiots came out in full blast. He handled them well, didnt argue back much, and just asked that they keep profanities off his page.

One of the posts he made was this pic, with the caption: "We have to get this train back on the track. #mobbmeeting with Donald Freddie and Cj"

47552_368775863204854_179843216_n.jpg

For better or worse, these are our guys, this is our team...the one we are going to be pulling for every Sunday, no matter how much they suck. I know there isn't anything "wrong" with it...but seeing fans bashing our best players (I don't think Steve Johnson or Fred Jackson deserve fan ire), in person, or on twitter, just bums me out. These guys have jobs in the NFL because they are perceived to be great athletes...not for their golden tounges. Steve Johnson, at least, was man enough to make his regular radio appearences, listen to the criticisms, and keep it civil. He generally tries to stay very positive.

As I've mentioned, I like SJ, but I just don't see how telling fans that their lives are "miserable" is civil. Maybe he was having a bad day (or a bad 2 weeks) or something.

Regarding the original post, his comments didn't offend me in the least. I actually found them humorous, which is why I posted them.

I'm not on twitter, so I don't know how often people try to bait the players, but it seems like the players feel the need to respond in kind, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

As I've mentioned, I like SJ, but I just don't see how telling fans that their lives are "miserable" is civil. Maybe he was having a bad day (or a bad 2 weeks) or something.

Regarding the original post, his comments didn't offend me in the least. I actually found them humorous, which is why I posted them.

I'm not on twitter, so I don't know how often people try to bait the players, but it seems like the players feel the need to respond in kind, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Players get death threats with some regualrity. Ususally over Fantasy football

Yes, when I said he was being civil, I meant in the original interview that the OP was referring to.

I can't honeslty find any benefit of any athlete having a twitter account...I realize that havig 'twitter" followers could boost ones' product endorsement possibilties...but not more than winning games. The only time you hear about athletes twittering, is when they say something stupid...it just seems like a lose-lose proposition to me.

Players get death threats with some regualrity. Ususally over Fantasy football

to me, that would be a great reason to stay off of social media sites.

Yes, when I said he was being civil, I meant in the original interview that the OP was referring to.

I can't honeslty find any benefit of any athlete having a twitter account...I realize that havig 'twitter" followers could boost ones' product endorsement possibilties...but not more than winning games. The only time you hear about athletes twittering, is when they say something stupid...it just seems like a lose-lose proposition to me.

Gotcha. And I agree with your 2nd point. I also don't see the benefit for a player being on twitter.

Imagine how much better Fitz may look if Stevie went after the tough passes like Megatron or Welker do...

Imagine if Stevie was 8 feet tall and had a 4 foot vertical?

Then maybe he'd be able to reach some of the passes that Fitz throws his way

oy vey, Stevie

Stevie Johnson ‏@StevieJohnson13

I know most of "yall" live vicariously thru me; so when I lose it makes your life 13x more miserable than it already is. Well... TOUGH ****!

I agree with the sentiment...but the presentation of it is "somewhat lacking".

to me, that would be a great reason to stay off of social media sites.

Gotcha. And I agree with your 2nd point. I also don't see the benefit for a player being on twitter.

Except that these players are real people with real friends and family, and they would like to keep in touch with those people. They then go a step farther and are nice enough to add us fans into their fold.

It's the "fans" that think they have the right to attack people who have the problem. I honestly question what type of !@#$s raised most of these people that they feel so entitled to be demanding, abusive, loudmouthed d-bags in a public forum.

Im as frustrated with the team as anyone else, but to jump into conversations Im not a part of, only to spew a bunch of threats and profanity, is not even an option imo.

The problem doesnt lie on the player's end.