Quote by Dareus says it all

I agree we need to give Dareus a break. Especially is he's still mourning the loss of his brother and contemplating the importance of various things in life as a result. I'd give him all the time he needs.

I just wouldn't let him be my starting DT as he's going through that mourning process.

For whatever reason, Dareus has lost the joy of the game. He is playing without passion and it is OBVIOUS. Time to sit him and let him watch for a while.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How embarrassing is this, you guys are a prideful bunch?

“It is just a game.”

http://www.buffalobi...6a-9c7718e43db2

Seriously? Yes it is "just a game" however it's your profession and you get paid well to do it. These guys respond to getting tagged for 1200 yards in 2 games with "it's just a game". This is to me at least shows a lack of heart and little to no fight. This mentality right here is the real problem IMO.

Wow!? total apathy there, maybe he still hasn't gotten over his brother's death.

Mark my words the bills will win the next two games and go into the bye week 4-3 . The week in arizona will really benefit them mentally.

Duly noted.

But I'll be surprised if it gets better before it gets worse. The leaders on this team have shown a propensity to go on long losing streaks in the face of adversity in the past under Gailey.

And while I agree that a team building escape in the desert can be a good thing, I'm not convinced it's in their make up based on past experiences when the SAME team building didn't materialize. Coming off their record setting loss to NE is the latest example. How did they respond? By setting yet a new record of futility on defense. I'm not sure a week in the desert help will them all that much after that.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

In the grand scheme yes he is right. However if you're getting paid millions of dollars and people are counting on you, like your teammates, management and fans it should be taken more seriously than just a game. I don't look at my job and say "ehh, it's just a job" I have people counting on me and I take my job seriously. When I stop taking it seriously, I won't have it

Well put. A job's a job, but we all have someone depending on us, be it your customers, co-workers, or family. People shouldn't become complacent. And if he just views his job as "just a game", dead brother or not, then perhaps he should time some time off. Go on the IR for the rest of the season. His salary's guaranteed for the season.

Obviously everyone responds differently to tradgedies but...

Didn't Michael Jordan kick the crap out of Phoenix to win a championship after his father passed?

Didn't Farve have a magical night on Monday night football after his dad passed?

Didn't Buster Douglas ko Mike Tyson (the "Iron Mike" iteration not the Glass Joe or first Bald Bull iteration) after his father passed?

But then again, everyone responds to adversity differently.

Edited by Juror#8

Obviously everyone responds differently to tradgedies but...

Didn't Michael Jordan kick the crap out of Phoenix to win a championship after his father passed?

Didn't Farve have a magical night on Monday night football after his dad passed?

Didn't Buster Douglas ko Mike Tyson (the "Iron Mike" iteration not the Glass Joe or first Bald Bull iteration) after his father passed?

But then again, everyone responds to adversity differently.

Didn't Marcell Dareus have his best game this season the week his brother was killed?

I wish there was a way to prove it. At least then we'd know what the problem is, right now it's anyone's guess.

At one point in the 4th quarter, SF was averaging nearly 12 yards per play in the game. 12 yards per play. That is nearly impossible to do. That is all the proof I needed to see to confirm what I had already seen. They were just going through the motions and running for the bus trying not to get hurt. No use sticking your nose in there when it doesn't matter. That's the definition of quitting.

GO BILLS!!!

How thoughtful of you.

What should my opinion be Nucci? "Oh I'm really sorry for you Marcell. Just take the season off. It's just a game after all, it doesn't mean anything. It's just how you have chosen to spend your entire life on this meaningless game. How much time do you need off Marcell? All of this year or next year too?"

I actually gained a lot of respect for Marcell when he didn't take any time off, however, it would have been totally cool too if he took a couple games off. But if you're going to dismiss your life's work as meaningless and demean this sport that people dedicate their lives too, then you really need to check yourself. It's not just a game. It is much more than that.

So continue on with your sanctimonious attitude Nucci. Maybe Gailey and Wannstedt have the same laid back attitude as Marcell does and that is the problem. Maybe we need a guy like Singletary to come into Buffalo and lay the foundation of toughness and meaning into these players like he did in San Fran. I know he can't scheme for crap but he will not allow complacency.

Didn't Marcell Dareus have his best game this season the week his brother was killed?

You tell me. I didn't think that was his best game ever and I consider the competition in that equation as well. But with that said...

Isn't everyone saying that his passion is impacted by his family loss?

Didn't I say that everyone responds differently?

Do you want me to find what Brett did the next game, or Mike did the next game, or how Douglas fought the next fight or you want to just call it square?

Dan, what would that do for your rant/fact paradigm if Brett/Mike/Buster continued to beast out and Marcell responded the way he did?

Just some queries...

Edited by Juror#8

I forgot this too till someone reminded me. He lost his brother two weeks ago, I'd give him a pass for having that mindset.

Exactly, besides just a game could have meant we have alot of games left to make this up or In a moment we could be gone and we are worried about a game. Either way I agree.

What should my opinion be Nucci? "Oh I'm really sorry for you Marcell. Just take the season off. It's just a game after all, it doesn't mean anything. It's just how you have chosen to spend your entire life on this meaningless game. How much time do you need off Marcell? All of this year or next year too?"

I actually gained a lot of respect for Marcell when he didn't take any time off, however, it would have been totally cool too if he took a couple games off. But if you're going to dismiss your life's work as meaningless and demean this sport that people dedicate their lives too, then you really need to check yourself. It's not just a game. It is much more than that.

So continue on with your sanctimonious attitude Nucci. Maybe Gailey and Wannstedt have the same laid back attitude as Marcell does and that is the problem. Maybe we need a guy like Singletary to come into Buffalo and lay the foundation of toughness and meaning into these players like he did in San Fran. I know he can't scheme for crap but he will not allow complacency.

how much more important is this game of football in our lives? where would you rank it? is it somwhere less important than curing cancer, but more than working the midnight shift at 7-11? and that's not to discount the person working the midnight shift at 7-11, either.

i get it. you're unhappy with the quote. and yet, from what i saw on tv, Dareus was one of the few players still attempting to run down opponents 10 and 20 yards downfield, which to me is more of a reflection of his attitude than one mere quote. so sure, go ahead and hang him for it.

and i realize all of bills nation is pissed off over this, but this is simply a game that's a mere distraction from our own lives, uplifts fans' spirits when their team wins and provides entertainment. and yet, in the real big picture, it is but a game.

you come off as if you just lost a bet, because you picked the under.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Best game of the season? That's not saying much...And that's an understatement...

I'm FAR more concerned about the way Dareus is playing than what he is saying...I've watched him pretty closely this year...He's no where near the player he should be at this point of his career...Every time I see AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt, or Julio Jones play I die a little more inside... B-)

You tell me. I didn't think that was his best game ever and I consider the competition in that equation as well. But with that said...

Isn't everyone saying that his passion is impacted by his family loss?

Didn't I say that everyone responds differently?

Do you want me to find what Brett did the next game, or Mike did the next game, or how Douglas fought the next fight or you want to just call it square?

Dan, what would that do for your rant/fact paradigm if Brett/Mike/Buster continued to beast out and Marcell responded the way he did?

Just some queries...

No, I'm not gonna bother - but I kinda thought you'd have that info at the ready, since you're the one who spewed out all that other crap.

However, I doubt that - after suffering their own personal loss - they all went on to never again have a bad performance for the remainder of their respective careers.

In the grand scheme yes he is right. However if you're getting paid millions of dollars and people are counting on you, like your teammates, management and fans it should be taken more seriously than just a game. I don't look at my job and say "ehh, it's just a job" I have people counting on me and I take my job seriously. When I stop taking it seriously, I won't have it

Good post.. His job is playing a game.. but it is his job.

Wow. You need to relax. It IS just a game.