Fixes for the defense..your thoughts

It would be truly remarkable if Wannstedt were to be relieved of his play calling duties. It just doesn't happen that often in the NFL.

So what can be done...

1. I would sit Aaron Williams and start McKelvin. Williams has been awful as a starter and McKelvin should get another shot at an outside DB spot.

2. I would move Barnett to MLB, move Sheppard to WLB, and Morrison to SLB. I would cut Moats. He has been useless.

3. I would start Searcy over Wilson at SS. Wilson has been horrible in coverage and I don't think Searcy could be any worse. I think Searcy might be better in run support.

4. I would play a single high safety, put Searcy in the box, and send him or an OLB 3 out of 5 plays. It is clear the front four is terribly overrated or just demoralized.

5. I would cut Kelsay and move Carrington to DE.

6. No more big nickel with Scott. The league has figured out how to beat this package and it is best just to scrap it. I would rather see a three safety package with Wilson, Searcy, and Byrd, three DL, 2 LB's, and 3 DB's against teams with good TE's and a traditional nickel and dime against 4 and 5 true WR sets.

7. Having cut Moats and Kelsay I would then acquire two more LB's via trade or signing off other teams practice squads.

8. I would tell Wanny he has to bring more heat or he will be gone. He has two weeks to get it fixed or he will be let go. Maybe the pressure would make him a little more aggressive.

9. I would help my defense by running the football and sustaining some drives...Fitz is hopeless at this point. He can't hit anything beyond ten yards. The only hope for the offense is Spiller and a healthy Glenn.