Another example of why dogs are awesome

/dev/null

reminds me of hachiko who's had 2 movies and a sculpture made and is revered in Japan for his waiting for his deceased owner at the train station every day. My last 6 dogs have been rescues. i'm convinced that they've all been grateful, appreciative and all have been fiercely loyal. they know they were saved from starving or euthanasia. i won't ever get anything but a rescue dog again.

Nice. I think my pit bull/pointer mix would only make it to he closest McDonald's if I was in the hospital. That's impressive

Can we multi task this and throw in a "would ya" for the reporter ? I'll start w a cougarriffic yea !

Cougar?? You mean the young lady?? :lol::cry:

I've had a Dog most of my life. Had a Irish Setter/Spaniel mix when I was a kid. He had a sweet tooth and used to love to jump into the Hall Bakery Truck, in S Buffalo, and grab whatever looked good, and take off!

I'm on Golden Retriever #6 now. He's a rescue dog from the Animal Shelter. I think he may have run away from whomever had him before, and that's how he ended up in a shelter. All the previous dogs, except the first one, were rescue dogs, and they were all great!

i'm fairly certain my two rescues right now are border/lab mixes which is a mix i recently found out has a name: "bordador". some idiot left them in a box on my driveway when they were probably 6 weeks old (both females). i hope i never find out, but i think they'd find me if i were in the hospital and wait outside or beg someone to let them in (and likely succeed - they're both smart and friendly). have had gordon setter rescues, schnauzer and dalmation. all great dogs but if you find a bordador, take one or two home... best of both great breeds.

Not sure how old ya are chef. I say 35-55 is cougar material

Hell who am I kidding I'd give a special over 55 exemption to Raquel welch and Kim basinger

And yes I did just google hot women over 55. Hey there Hellen, How u doin ? Haaaaaa

55+ isnt Cougar territory. Those are called Sabre Tooths! (still doable, btw)

Every Saturday a Rescue Dog Organization has an adoption event at the local Petsmart. I go every Saturday to say hi to the dogs. Someday, I'll take one home with me, but the time isn't right just yet. Soon tho.

I couldn't handle going to one of those. I'd end up having to take one home

But I live alone and spend alot of time away from the house. I'd like to adopt one but it wouldn't be fair to the mutt

Avoided this until now...

I live in the country, minutes from two populated areas. Right at an intersection and have seen and hears people just leave pets out at the stop sign. I get about 2-3 a year and do my best to find them homes. Once a litter of 6 puppies was asleep in a furniture blanket behind my truck. It was hard.

The ones that make me more sad are when I find remains of them, hear the coyotes and foxes out at night chasing something. Tonight, I heard a bunch of foxes and went looking. Found nothing but a few shots fired from a double barrel 20 scared them away

The worst, is when I see them still alive and can do nothing. There was a kitten last Spring that I spent two hours crawling in briers trying to get. There was an old starving dog following me in the middle of the woods but I couldn't get him.

Its just hard to believe in humanity when these animals love us so much and we are so evil.

I couldn't handle going to one of those. I'd end up having to take one home

But I live alone and spend alot of time away from the house. I'd like to adopt one but it wouldn't be fair to the mutt

Thats my problem right now too. I am 26, single and just started a new job in a new city and I just don't like it'd be right to take one home right now. Hopefully once I get a little more settled in my job I can be around more for the pooch. Also, I was thinking about this they other day, the dogs are rescued from pounds and fostered by families. Many of the dogs are a year old + so many are house broken and crate trained. I see that as an advantage because he or she wouldn't be messing up my carpets!

Avoided this until now...

I live in the country, minutes from two populated areas. Right at an intersection and have seen and hears people just leave pets out at the stop sign. I get about 2-3 a year and do my best to find them homes. Once a litter of 6 puppies was asleep in a furniture blanket behind my truck. It was hard.

The ones that make me more sad are when I find remains of them, hear the coyotes and foxes out at night chasing something. Tonight, I heard a bunch of foxes and went looking. Found nothing but a few shots fired from a double barrel 20 scared them away

The worst, is when I see them still alive and can do nothing. There was a kitten last Spring that I spent two hours crawling in briers trying to get. There was an old starving dog following me in the middle of the woods but I couldn't get him.

Its just hard to believe in humanity when these animals love us so much and we are so evil.

Dude, God Bless you for trying! I would do exactly the same. Keep up the good work and stay strong. Remember, its not all humans, just the scumbags.