Where's Buddy??? Missing in action along with his defense?

rcatty

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best summary is the last line from Chris Brown's coverage of the interview:

Nix has been scouting out on the west coast, but has had conversations with Chan Gailey this week and does not expect a hang over from last week’s loss on Sunday.

“Chan said we’ve had good practices and the attitude has been great,” said Nix. ”I don’t expect any of that to linger into Sunday. It better not.”

It better not, indeed. Perhaps a telling quote.

Linky

Edited by Rubes

Haven't seen or heard him lately. Any sightings since the New England debacle? MIA along with his defense?

I think the concern is more so his drafting and personnel decisions than not being available to the media right now. How does the board feel he's done in that department?

Edited by first_and_ten

I know no one would cares but I'm about done on this board. It's has gone from intelligent, and humorous comments about our favorite football team TO what it is now a bunch or off the cuff baseless comments about a team that is 2-2. Who had us at 4-0 at this point ? I'm guessing 3-1 was the hope and most knew that would be tough to get. We might come home at 2-3 but the season isn't dead I'm not sure what it is too much WGR maybe. Defense takes a while to jell - sorry but it does - they won't be great til November I do think they will be really really good in the second half of the season. New corners, New D-linemen, New formation, new coordinator, new schemes this isn't a computer game. I'm not into moral victories losing a close one 33-30 in OT is no different than getting smoked 56-0 there is column for close losses

I know no one would cares but I'm about done on this board. It's has gone from intelligent, and humorous comments about our favorite football team TO what it is now a bunch or off the cuff baseless comments about a team that is 2-2. Who had us at 4-0 at this point ? I'm guessing 3-1 was the hope and most knew that would be tough to get. We might come home at 2-3 but the season isn't dead I'm not sure what it is too much WGR maybe. Defense takes a while to jell - sorry but it does - they won't be great til November I do think they will be really really good in the second half of the season. New corners, New D-linemen, New formation, new coordinator, new schemes this isn't a computer game. I'm not into moral victories losing a close one 33-30 in OT is no different than getting smoked 56-0 there is column for close losses

It's not their record. It's the fact that they once again got dominated by their divisional opponents. In fact dominated is putting it lightly. They were embarrassing, from players to coaching. Same as it ever was.

They beat 2 terrible teams btw...

CardinalScotts, I'm certainly guilty this week of a lot of vitriol and venting about the Bills… mostly about Wanny.

I'm one of those that have been deeply disillusioned and disappointed with this team as kobe808 points out, based not on their record… but on the two blowouts to divisional opponents.

I'm very unhappy that in the third year of the program that the team seems to be making no headway.

The offense is in their third year together with a major upgrade at left tackle, a superior offensive line, two outstanding running backs, a very good tight end and a very good receiver. Not too many teams could match the overall talent on the offensive side and yet between what I perceive as bad playcalling/scheming and mediocre quarterback play, this offense is not improving at all. If anything it has regressed.

Defensively the Bills are heavily invested both in free agency and in the drafts of the last 3 years. The defense in a word, sucks.

I'll be attending tomorrow's game in Candlestick and the game in Phoenix next week but I am not optimistic. I hope that I'm wrong about Gailey. I hope I'm wrong about Wanny. I hope that I've been overreacting to the extreme suckitude that the Bills have shown so far.

I continue to hope. But I'm not confident about this team's direction and this is all happening on a backdrop of Mr. Wilson's last days and an expiring stadium lease. It seems like the perfect storm for something bad to happen. And I'm an optimistic person.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

CardinalScotts, I'm certainly guilty this week of a lot of vitriol and venting about the Bills… mostly Wanny.

As Kobe points out, I'm one of those that have been deeply disillusioned and disappointed with this team based not on the record… but on the two games against divisional opponents.

I'm very unhappy that in the third year of the program that team seems to not be making any headway.

The offense is in their third year together with a major upgrade at left tackle, a superior offensive line, two outstanding running backs, a very good tight end and a very good receiver. Not too many teams could match the overall talent on the offensive side and yet between what I perceive as bad playcalling/scheming and mediocre quarterback play, this offense is not improving at all. If anything it has regressed.

Defensively the Bills are heavily invested both in free agency and in the drafts of the last 3 years. The defense in a word, sucks.

I'll be attending tomorrow's game in Candlestick and the game in Phoenix next week but I am not optimistic. I hope that I'm wrong about Gailey. I hope I'm wrong about Wanny. I hope that I've been overreacting to the extreme suckitude that the Bills have shown so far.

I continue to hope. But I'm not confident about this team's direction and this is all happening in a backdrop of Mr. Wilson's last days and an expiring stadium lease. It seems like the perfect storm for something bad to happen. And I'm an optimistic person.

I wouldn't put you on my list of particularly vitriolic posters.

The thing that gets me is that we've seen MUCH leaner times. Sure, you can say that we beat two terrible teams. But we beat them soundly, so at least that qualifies the Bills as not terrible, right? :P

My issue is this - in the minds of Bills' fans, we have this well-earned reputation of being hardy and sticking with our team through thick and thin. But I log on here after a bad loss, and everybody has their damn tails between their legs.

I dont like the way they played in our 2 big division games. In fact, I hate it. I wasnt even able to talk or think about football until about Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

However... It's still very very early in the season, and no one in the division has a better record than we do. Not that we are at their level yet, but Giants fans were calling for Eli's head and Coughlin's head through most of the season last year.

I know that the big moves in the offseason had everyone ramped up for a 19-0 season, but let's just settle down a bit.

I agree with Cardinal Scott. It's more difficult to post here now than it was during the ridiculous pre-season.

This thread, and especially the title, is an embarrassment to Bills fans.

I wouldn't put you on my list of particularly vitriolic posters.

The thing that gets me is that we've seen MUCH leaner times. Sure, you can say that we beat two terrible teams. But we beat them soundly, so at least that qualifies the Bills as not terrible, right? :P

My issue is this - in the minds of Bills' fans, we have this well-earned reputation of being hardy and sticking with our team through thick and thin. But I log on here after a bad loss, and everybody has their damn tails between their legs.

Sage, to me this feels different than before.

Part of that is based on my last paragraph. It seems to me, more than ever before, that a lot of dark clouds are gathering.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that people can mock me for my pessimism after a rousing victory tomorrow. But like I said, this low point feels different than previous ones. Maybe it's just me.

Sage, to me this feels different than before.

Part of that is based on my last paragraph. It seems to me, more than ever before, that a lot of dark clouds are gathering.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and that people can mock me for my pessimism after a rousing victory tomorrow. But like I said, this low point feels different than previous ones. Maybe it's just me.

I used to get more upset than I do now. Worst possible result on a Sunday is I get a little frustrated and then mow the lawn at halftime instead of after the game.

Beautiful out there.