Excellent Football Outsiders analysis of last Sunday's defensive d

Gronk is another Mike Alstott, except he can catch. He will be in the league 6 more years, maybe a few more, but the majority of his career will be tallied in the next 3 or 4. Just give it time, he will not last long the way he plays.......

Well at least we have something to look forward to. So 3-5 years basically and he will be gone? Well not gone but then his impact will start to diminish. Well alright! Something to look forward to.

:flirt:

Edited by Cville Bills

Look at our game against them last year. I promise you and would bet you money that the Giants got ahold of that tape and watched how we beat the Patriots. We played physical up front, we got our line to go after Brady - as best as we could - and we interfered with his timing, his rhythm and his vision. We had a few batted balls at the line and those are just as good as sacks. The Giants got them and did not have that great of DB's, at least not substantially better then ours. Their LB corp was not much different, either. They won the game on the line. That's how you beat the Patriots, that how it has been proven time and time again. You do not beat Tom Brady, he is just 1 eff'n player! You beat the guys that protect him, you cover the guys he wants to throw to, you stop the ones he wants to give it to...he's just a quarterback even if he is the best one in the history of the game. He is not the one that beats you. The ones that beat you are the ones who catch it, the ones who run it, the ones who make way for those movements.

QB is so over rated it's not even funny. I remind myself every second I read here that in 2 years the NFL will be a run first league. The ones that adapt first will win the most. All these teams loading up on these small quick pass coverage defensive units are going to get pounded. The Browns will win the AFC North on the legs of Richardson, the Seahawks will continue to do well with Lynch, teams with the good ground and pound backs are going to find success.

yes!

that was me!

cyclical league my friend.

today's high flying offenses are tomorrow's ground and pound.

It was a piss poor game plan, that the Patriots ate up and spit out. And when it was obvious to the entire free world, rather than switch to a more agressive plan.. they folded their tents and quit playing. Jboyst hit it right on the head.

Something that most astute fans determined pretty quick watching the game on Sunday yet the person that could actually do something about it apparently missed the obvious. This is the most disturbing aspect of the situation,

Plus we have a head coach that abdicates responsibility for the defense to a coordinator that devises an inferior gameplan and does not seem to grasp the concept of adaptation and the dynamics of strategy and tactics that are needed to be used during the game. Play after play without adjustments or variation NE knew exactly what was coming and tore through that defense.

You can bet that the Bills players on the field knew the scheme was awful and were confused and demoralized that the DC refused to adjust.

That article pisses me off. If I had the free time I would get the all22 footage so I can see this stuff and figure out what the eff is going on. Leaving our small guys exposed on a 4 man line is incredibly bold and stupid. We do not have the size of LB or capability without Morrison to pull that off. We all knew we'd run a lot of nickel and dime to counter their pass game but that we did not adapt and exposed ourselves to the run was boneheaded. When we got exposed time and time again to the ground and pound running game they had us beat. It is hard to defend against the run compared to the pass and we just failed. So many people here are saying how Fitz did this or didn't do that, or MW had no sacks and didn't perform. Yes, both of those players, and many others stunk. It was the coaches who put them in the wrong position.

We just simply got out coached and destroyed by not changing our strategy.

What upsets and worries me the most is the seemingly total inability of our coaching staff to make in-game adjustments.

Bully for Wannstache to stay up all night on Sunday wondering if he should have substituted back to the base. He's an NFL coach. The second he heard "43 is the Mike!" followed by a successful run play, the Clue Bird should have landed on his shoulder that he neeeded to adjust. Instead, the Clue Bird circled, but Wannstache shrugged his shoulders so the bird pooped on his head, flew on, and left the Clue at the Will-call window for delivery after the game. WTF?