Shawne Merriman where are you now?

That is a coaches job too. Doesn't help when your D Co. is up in the booth. I feel like this team is young and really needs someone on the sidelines that they can look to. Someone to pump them up, calm them down, keep them focused, remind them the game is not over etc....I haven't seen much of this on the sidelines but I am not there either so?

Ever think that maybe this team is taking on the personality of the head coach? This might be an issue.

Yep, I've considered this too and really hope it's not true that Gailey just doesn't have enough fire in the belly.

I wonder about Wanny too, especially being in the booth. One thing I learned in the army is that the leader needs to be in the critical place at the critical time. Game time is critical and to lead the critical place is with the players you lead. You can't lead people when you distance yourself from them. The booth is a good place for dissecting the tactical aspects of the game but Wanny doesn't seem to be good at that anyway. He might as well be on sidelines, talking to the players, hearing their POV, learning from their observations and firing them up.

Isiah Robertson

Thanks

These are grown men. I'm sure one of the 20 or so guys on the defensive side of the ball can step up and lead this team. There's no need to sign someone for an emotional kick. Maybe one of the younger guys need to step up to the leadership plate. It has to be done.

Most people (including players) are poor leaders. Player-leaders have to lead by example (play & practice with intensity), know how to connect, say the right word at the right time (not just rah rah speeches), eliminate dissension and create unity, etc. It's not easy and only a few are really good at it.