Here's all I got...

eball

...there's no defense (literally) for what happened to the Bills over 20 minutes of gametime Sunday afternoon. I'm not here to defend Gailey, Wannstedt, Fitz, Mario, or anyone else. I was just as disgusted as everyone else, and I had to watch it from the stands.

If we're not going to simply throw away the season as fans, however, and are trying to keep some semblance of level-headedness around here, I might suggest looking at the fact so many teams have had a lot of ups and downs over the first four games -- it's not just Buffalo. Consistency seems to be a four letter word around the NFL so far this season.

I look at Buffalo's roster and the talent is still there -- at least to the extent they should be able to compete with any team they face. After week one the Bills DID make adjustments, and the defense was much better the following two weeks (and for 2+ quarters Sunday). Then it went kaput. I fully expect more adjustments to be made, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel. While I may have hoped for a better record, my thought was if the Bills could be 3-6 or 4-5 after nine games they were set up to make a playoff run. That still holds true.

This will be a better "team" a month from now than it is currently, although the record might not reflect it.

Gotta keep at least some faith -- otherwise, why waste my time.

Go Bills.

I look at Buffalo's roster and the talent is still there -- at least to the extent they should be able to compete with any team they face. After week one the Bills DID make adjustments, and the defense was much better the following two weeks (and for 2+ quarters Sunday). Then it went kaput. I fully expect more adjustments to be made, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel. While I may have hoped for a better record, my thought was if the Bills could be 3-6 or 4-5 after nine games they were set up to make a playoff run. That still holds true.

Or one could say that instead of the D making adjustments (which I really am not sure they did) they just played two teams worse than the Bills that made them look better.

You are right though, it is too early to pull the plug on the season. I'm shocked that the D line continues to play so poorly and I can't help but think that sometime this season they come around and at least LOOK like the high priced beef that they are. We keep hoping and therefore watching.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Bills are 2-2. In the big scheme things, they're pretty much where I expected them to be at this point.

However, our D was so incredibly inept in the Pats game, it makes me wonder about (1) Wanny's competence (has the game passed him by?), and (2) the talent of our defensive players (I expected better than this).

After the debacle in RWS, it's really hard for me to imagine Wanny as a good DC. I know that even good DC have bad games - but this bad????

I also worry about our ability to win down 2 OL. Our wins are largely attributable to our offense. If our offense stalls because injuries on the OL, we won't pick up any more wins soon.

So is the sky really falling? Maybe it's too soon to tell - but there are warning signs.

The Bills are 2-2. In the big scheme things, they're pretty much where I expected them to be at this point.

However, our D was so incredibly inept in the Pats game, it makes me wonder about (1) Wanny's competence (has the game passed him by?), and (2) the talent of our defensive players (I expected better than this).

After the debacle in RWS, it's really hard for me to imagine Wanny as a good DC. I know that even good DC have bad games - but this bad????

I also worry about our ability to win down 2 OL. Our wins are largely attributable to our offense. If our offense stalls because injuries on the OL, we won't pick up any more wins soon.

So is the sky really falling? Maybe it's too soon to tell - but there are warning signs.

Look, the meltown was epic, but it was 23 minutes of a 60 minute game...