Buffalo Bills' Turnover Woes Reach Ridiculous New Heights

HOUSE

The Buffalo Bills have now played 36 games for Chan Gailey. They have 80 turnovers in those games. 14 of those games have been against AFC East rivals, and 42 of those turnovers have come in those divisional matchups.

Buffalo is now up to a whopping 21 turnovers in their last five games against New England. In their last five against New York, they've got 15 more. They don't play Miami for another two months, but the Dolphins will have a chance to add to their meager-by-comparison six turnovers forced in four games against Gailey's Bills.

The biggest turnover culprit in division games? Ryan Fitzpatrick, of course. He's now started 33 football games for Gailey. 12 of those came against AFC East rivals; he has a 23-to-26 touchdown-to-interception ratio in those games. (That leaves him with 36 touchdowns to 19 picks in the other 21 games, which isn't terrible at all, right?)

more...

http://www.buffaloru...atrick-afc-east

Edited by HOUSE

If Fitzpatrick throws for 150 yards twice then 500 once, you wouldn't call him a 260 y/g-type quarterback.

Likewise, I wouldn't say our team averages 2 turnovers/game, because, as this AFCE data shows, they tend to come in bunches. When the wheels come off, they come off BIG TIME, no greater evidence than Sunday.

If Fitzpatrick throws for 150 yards twice then 500 once, you wouldn't call him a 260 y/g-type quarterback.

Likewise, I wouldn't say our team averages 2 turnovers/game, because, as this AFCE data shows, they tend to come in bunches. When the wheels come off, they come off BIG TIME, no greater evidence than Sunday.

Could it be because it gets into Fitz head? What do you think makes them come in bunches??

The Buffalo Bills have now played 36 games for Chan Gailey. They have 80 turnovers in those games. 14 of those games have been against AFC East rivals, and 42 of those turnovers have come in those divisional matchups.

For those of you who have seen "A Clockwork Orange" - imagine having to watch the worst show over and over again with your eyes propped open with toothpicks so you are forced to watch....this statistic and the second half of the Patriots game make me shake with fear that someone will force me to sit through it again.