Always joked about, never proven. Till now....

Just Jack

Didn't something similar happen here in WNY within the last couple years?

In 2008 the China King in Hamburg was busted by the health department for butchering a deer in the kitchen. I don't think it was ever determined where the deer came from.

In 2008 the China King in Hamburg was busted by the health department for butchering a deer in the kitchen. I don't think it was ever determined where the deer came from.

the owner claimed it was roadkill but it was for their HOME USE for the family, and NOT for the rest. (and there was "confirmation" about that because parts of the deer were found inside the family van inside of coolers)

And the best part of that story is that my dad hit a deer in Hamburg that week.

I was out on a bike ride a couple of weeks ago (yeah - I know cyclists suck yada yada yada). I passed this Asian guy on a bike with a basket attached picking up what appeared to be a formerly lifeful possum from the side of the road. Kept riding but got to thinking about what he was going to do with that possum if he put it in that basket. Hmmm? :sick: ?

When my father was growing up older (just like me, my father never grew up!) in the late '50s there was a kid in his class whose mother found a big wad of money in his sock drawer. He shot rats with his BB gun and sold them to the Chinese restaurant. They closed the place down. IIRC when he pointed out the building, it was on the Berlin Turnpike in New Britain.