Dwan Edwards 3.5 sacks so far

If you think we kept smith as a qb, I don't know what to tell you.

He's a wr that is used to return kicks, and occasionally at wildcat. Why is that so hard to grasp? Same role he's played for 6 other nfl seasons.

I'm not trying to argue. But here's a scenario that could have happened last season or even in a game today. Your #1 goes down. Later #2 goes down. Not impossible. With #3 inactive and not dressed my money is on Brad Smith going in. It wouldn't be all wildcat? Last year we kept only 2 quarterbacks and Smith. It was what Gailey described as part of the package we got with the Smith signing. If I remember correctly it was talked openly last season as the reason we had no PS quarterback, nothing past thigpen.

But, I agree quarterback isn't the reason he's on the team. Maybe I should have read the thread closer.

I'm not trying to argue. But here's a scenario that could have happened last season or even in a game today. Your #1 goes down. Later #2 goes down. Not impossible. With #3 inactive and not dressed my money is on Brad Smith going in. It wouldn't be all wildcat? Last year we kept only 2 quarterbacks and Smith. It was what Gailey described as part of the package we got with the Smith signing. If I remember correctly it was talked openly last season as the reason we had no PS quarterback, nothing past thigpen.

But, I agree quarterback isn't the reason he's on the team. Maybe I should have read the thread closer.

Yes, every team has an emergency qb. Wasn't roscoe Parrish at one point our emergency qb (and wr, and punt returner)?

If enough guys get hurt, he will finish the game. Nothing more.

It might be a fun talking point but he will never start a game. He will only finish one in a disaster.

Saying we are carrying 4 qbs is nonsense.

Oh, and fergy - dwan is a DE in a 34 and a DT in the 43. In Carolina, and in our defense he's a DT. But continue to be upset about how productive an end he's been this year. You're right, seeing him play means nothing.

Edited by NoSaint

Yes, every team has an emergency qb. Wasn't roscoe Parrish at one point our emergency qb (and wr, and punt returner)?

If enough guys get hurt, he will finish the game. Nothing more.

It might be a fun talking point but he will never start a game. He will only finish one in a disaster.

Saying we are carrying 4 qbs is nonsense.

Oh, and fergy - dwan is a DE in a 34 and a DT in the 43. In Carolina, and in our defense he's a DT. But continue to be upset about how productive an end he's been this year. You're right, seeing him play means nothing.

Thanks.