How to beat the Pats

Its going to come down to two things

1- Can the front 4 get pressure on Brady (We aren't going to get 4 INT's off him again)

2- Can Fitz make plays

Belicheat is smart he is going to try and stop the run and force Fitz to throw. As for stopping Brady well the front 4 is the key, tons of money and a high draft choice went into building it lets see if it can do what its designed to.

This thread is probably a lost cause, but if I make a new one it'll be closed in three posts...

1) Pressure on Brady!

This is obvious, but it has multiple factors. If, indeed, Logan Mankins is not going to play, the Pats line looks surprisingly weak. After all, this is the group that allowed the Cards to push them around. If we can beat their offensive line with 4 playerss like Wanny likes it gives us two things

A) Allows our young CB's support, especially while we're in the nickel, allowing us to double team Welker and

B) Forces Gronk to block. Tom Brady had all day Sunday night, but Gronk only had three targets because he was blocking so much.

All in all, that takes out Brady's receiving targets and gives us more flexibility to throw in a blitz every so often.

2) Keep the ball running. Yes, Fitz did a pretty good job through the air last week and had his second straight INT free game. But the quickest way for people to get him off balance is BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ! An effective run game, and screen game makes the Pats look, and will buy Fitz time.

Now, we don't quite know how the injury status of our RB's is.Chan says Jackson should play, but how effective will he be? I don't want Spiller out there if we have a viable option by rotating in Choice and Freddy. After this, we go on a two game road slog against very strong defensive teams (Cards and 49'ers). If we're going to have a chance, both of them need to be healthy.

3) Keep the spread going

The spread still plays to our strengths. Our O-line is looking A LOT better this year, but it still prevents teams from stacking the box. Spiller AND Jackson can take it through the middle now and if teams try to cheat, Fitz can audible in a pass play. With that, and a heavy dose of #2 we might actually stand a chance.

1 - Don't turn the ball over

2 - Run the ball efficiently

3 - Pressure Brady

4 - Defend the receivers close to the line and not 5 yards back

5 - Hope the new punter doesn't F it up

and honestly - lets hope the refs call the Putz on their penalties

This, pretty much.

1. One thing I hope Chan has brought home to the guys is that we didn't get beaten last year and against the Jets so much as we beat ourselves with turnovers.

Don't turn the ball over, we can play with anyone. I can't believe some of the sh*t on this board critiquing Fitz for lack of passing yards. I don't care about his passing yards any more than I care about his pissing yards, just don't throw the ball to the wrong uniform, and don't fumble

2. I would love to see some of the power running game we brought against KC. I don't believe the Pats have the hosses to stop it. Run it until they prove that they can stop it.

3.The Pats run a timing offense. It's not necessary to sack Brady (though I'd love to see it) - avoid Tommy-lovin' ref gift penalties, but pressure him, jam his receivers, disrupt his timing, stuff the run. Then he gets frustrated and the tipped balls and INTs start happening.

Fred is back so you found something to root for huh?

Sure I like Freddie - whats not to like?

Nevertheless, if the Bills as a team beat the Pats on Sunday and are 3-1, that certainly will be something to get excited about. Much more exciting than beating the hapless Chiefs or Browns. Then the next two weeks present tough road games for the Bills against two good teams. These next three weeks should tell you what sort of team the Bills are. Time will tell. The question is, will the Bills be a 500 ball club or better at the end of week six.

Gailey is fond of saying he expects to win every game. That's the right thing to say but I don't know if this team has always believed it. I think if they go into this, or any other game for that matter, truly expecting to and believing they can & should win, there's not a team in the league they can't take out on any given Sunday.

Gailey is fond of saying he expects to win every game. That's the right thing to say but I don't know if this team has always believed it. I think if they go into this, or any other game for that matter, truly expecting to and believing they can & should win, there's not a team in the league they can't take out on any given Sunday.

i'll buy that, it's amazing what a little mix of chemistry and confidence can do for a team.

1 - Don't turn the ball over

2 - Run the ball efficiently

3 - Pressure Brady

4 - Defend the receivers close to the line and not 5 yards back

5 - Hope the new punter doesn't F it up

and honestly - lets hope the refs call the Putz on their penalties

Running the ball is going to be harder. The Pats have one of the best LB crew. Gailey should not give up the Run too quickly...That puts the game in Brady's hands. Actually running the Wildcat in this game may not be a bad idea and a good way to have the LBs back off. This is going to be one hell of a game. It always is, when you know that the Bills are matched up well in a agame against the Patriots.