Really Worried about the Pats Rookie DE this weekend.

ganesh

Mario Williams = 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks.

Yet everyone fears him!

(Just playing devil's advocate... I' not "worried" about the Pats DE, but I'm also not going to dismiss him)

How much do teams fear Mario? Enough to double team him every play.

PTR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who have they shut down this year? Please let me know these great DL from KC and Cleveland.

Jets had no sacks and minimal pressure on Fitz, despite the Bills playing from behind most of the day. Spiller also ran wild on them.

Against KC, perhaps you've heard of Tamba Hali?

Cleveland has a very active defensive front that gave Philly fits in Week 1, and they didn't do too badly against Baltimore last night.

You're really short-changing just how good the Bills' OL has been so far this year.

How much do teams fear Mario? Enough to double team him every play.

PTR

Exactly my "point". ;)

Jets had no sacks and minimal pressure on Fitz, despite the Bills playing from behind most of the day. Spiller also ran wild on them.

Cleveland has a very active defensive front that gave Philly fits in Week 1, and they didn't do too badly against Baltimore last night.

You're really short-changing just how good the Bills' OL has been so far this year.

Cleveland has averaged 4 sacks a game against opponents not named "Bills". They effectively had 0 against us. :)

Justin Houston had three sacks vs the Saints, too. The Bills O-Line has been dominant. Lets just hope we can keep them together. Wolf pack 4 Life!!!

Mario Williams = 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks.

Yet everyone fears him!

(Just playing devil's advocate... I'm not "worried" about the Pats DE, but I'm also not going to dismiss him)

The "Fear" from Williams was because of his reputation and past work, its also the reason for the early disapointment this year in his play for having those stats...........

Chandler Jones is a talented player with lots of upside. But as of right now, based on their first three games as pros, Cordy Glenn is a FAR better LT than Chandler is DE in this league. It's simply obvious from watching the games. Now that all may turn upside down on Sunday, but RIGHT NOW, Glenn is a better player at his position.

And anyone who would suggest Mario Williams hasn't been effective hasn't been paying attention. After a poor first game, he has done more to influence the opponents pass protection schemes than anyone else on the D line and the attention he has received as a result has led to the D Line amassing 8 of the team's 9 sacks.

GO BILLS!!!

I watched last night's game expecting a total blowout, if for no other reason than because I just perceive the Ravens to be considerably better than the Bills. Was stunned that game almost went into overtime, and in fact it would have (theoretically) had Weeden not stared down his receiver on that Raven pick-six.

Jones is good, and I wanted him on the Bills. However, Cordy Glenn regularly faced better players in the SEC. I think it will be a good and interesting match-up, but I'm not all that worried about him. He'll most likely get on the stat line, but I dont think he'll disrupt our game that much.

You know that someone isn't quite right in the head when they prefer the fantasyland of pretending that our line is still made up guys like Mike Gandy and Jonathan Scott just so he can be miserable.

I've heard of those guys, bring them in!!!

I watched last night's game expecting a total blowout, if for no other reason than because I just perceive the Ravens to be considerably better than the Bills. Was stunned that game almost went into overtime, and in fact it would have (theoretically) had Weeden not stared down his receiver on that Raven pick-six.

Of Cleveland's four losses, the game against Buffalo was the only one in which they were statistically dominated and did not have a chance to win or tie with one drive in the 4th quarter. And if CJ doesn't get hurt in the first quarter of that game, the Bills likely win by more than ten.

I expect the Bills to run by and through Jones a lot on Sunday.

Bingo. Whoever is the first to get their heads in on us is the one we need to run right back. Let Glenn bounce to the LB, let CMac ram Jones. Run on this defense and do not give up.

According to ESPN Stats, he has 2 sacks... 12 Tackes, 6 solo.

But lets be honest, Jones faced 2nd year pro DJ Young, when the Pats* played Arizona. When he faced a much better Michael Oher from Baltimore, he recorded 0 sacks and 0 solo tackles and was kept in check all game.

Bruce Irvin has 2.5 sacks, in much much less playing time on obvious passing situations.

According to ESPN Stats, he has 2 sacks... 12 Tackes, 6 solo.

But lets be honest, Jones faced 2nd year pro DJ Young, when the Pats* played Arizona. When he faced a much better Michael Oher from Baltimore, he recorded 0 sacks and 0 solo tackles and was kept in check all game.

Bruce Irvin has 2.5 sacks, in much much less playing time on obvious passing situations.

Oher isn't even that good of a LT. He's only there because they have no one better to play LT, after the performance of McKinnie (who played as a 6th OL last night) declined. He was having problems with the Browns' Frostee Rucker last night.

Oher isn't even that good of a LT. He's only there because they have no one better to play LT, after the performance of McKinnie (who played as a 6th OL last night) declined. He was having problems with the Browns' Frostee Rucker last night.

Thats sort of my point. Oher is better, but thats not saying a lot.

Of Cleveland's four losses, the game against Buffalo was the only one in which they were statistically dominated and did not have a chance to win or tie with one drive in the 4th quarter. And if CJ doesn't get hurt in the first quarter of that game, the Bills likely win by more than ten.

OMG, if Spiller hadn't gone down, it would have been UGLY.