Really Worried about the Pats Rookie DE this weekend.

ganesh

Here is what Mat Williamson of ESPN has to say about Jones, who is leading the votes for Defensive Rookie of the Year

Williamson described what he has seen of Jones so far:

"Jones is equally effective in a two- or three-point stance and he has great versatility -- which of course endears him to Bill Belichick. He has been the only consistent pass-rusher for New England, and that lack of other difference-makers really hurt the Patriots in Baltimore on Sunday night."

Through three games, Jones has totaled 12 tackles, a sack, and has forced two fumbles.

I hope the Bills protect the football and stop the rookie sensation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who have they shut down this year? Please let me know these great DL from KC and Cleveland.

Who has got pressure on Fitz? Who has stopped our run? Even the Jets DL was not that good against us in a game we played lousy football.

I am probably going to cease replying and reading to your posts. You are not a Bills fan.

who have they shut down this year? Please let me know these great DL from KC and Cleveland.

Kc has a decent front 7

Tamba Hali has gone to the pro bowl the last two years, and Dorsey and Jackson (though underachievers) are pretty talented.

I think most would say tamba is better than jones

Kc has a decent front 7

Tamba Hali has gone to the pro bowl the last two years, and Dorsey and Jackson (though underachievers) are pretty talented.

I think most would say tamba is better than jones

Jabaal Sheard from Cleveland had 8 1/2 sacks last year too.

Our line gave up the fewest sacks on the league last year, hasn't allowed a real one yet this year, we lead the league in rushing, and people are still doubting this line?

Who has got pressure on Fitz? Who has stopped our run? Even the Jets DL was not that good against us in a game we played lousy football.

I am probably going to cease replying and reading to your posts. You are not a Bills fan.

OK, so I don't get overboard with all the hype and I am not a Bills fan. I'm guessing I've been one much longer than you.

OK, so I don't get overboard with all the hype and I am not a Bills fan. I'm guessing I've been one much longer than you.

Its not really hype. Facts do suck when they go against the point you're trying to make.

Edited by stony

Its not really hype. Facts do suck when they go against the point you're trying to make.

You know that someone isn't quite right in the head when they prefer the fantasyland of pretending that our line is still made up guys like Mike Gandy and Jonathan Scott just so he can be miserable.

Here is what Mat Williamson of ESPN has to say about Jones, who is leading the votes for Defensive Rookie of the Year

Williamson described what he has seen of Jones so far:

"Jones is equally effective in a two- or three-point stance and he has great versatility -- which of course endears him to Bill Belichick. He has been the only consistent pass-rusher for New England, and that lack of other difference-makers really hurt the Patriots in Baltimore on Sunday night."

Through three games, Jones has totaled 12 tackles, a sack, and has forced two fumbles.

I hope the Bills protect the football and stop the rookie sensation.

12 tackles in 3 games isn't that impressive. Somebody has to get credit for the tackles. How many were behind the LOS?

One sack puts him on pace for 5 for the season. Two forced fumbles is good but probably more luck (right place/right time) than anything else.

Edited by hondo in seattle

12 tackles in 3 games isn't that impressive. Somebody has to get credit for the tackles. How many were behind the LOS?

One sack puts on pace for 5 for the season. Two forced fumbles is good but probably more like (right place/right time) than anything else.

Mario Williams = 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks.

Yet everyone fears him!

(Just playing devil's advocate... I'm not "worried" about the Pats DE, but I'm also not going to dismiss him)

Jones is a long, tall player and he's always using his long arms to his advantage, he's always flapping his arms to find a weakness or a bad move by the LT to gain leverage. I believe for a rookie that is impressive, generally they all try to run past the LT and beat them with speed.

Glenn needs to be patient and not overreact to Jones first move and battle back with his own long arms.