Bills Patriots Injury Report *Mankins OUT!!!*

Rockinon

Why do people want the Pats to be injured? I want to see them at full strength so that we can really see what the Bills are made of. If they can beat a full strength Pats team then what's the excuse for not making a run at the SB?

I don't want to win because the other team stinks. I want to win because the Bills play great.

JMO

In this League you take any advantage you get bc if we beat them weak and that gets us into the playoffs it is better than we lose to them if there good and we miss.

the only thing that matters is winning.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if Volmeer or Mankin play.

So funny when you think about it, but now the the regular officials are back, let's remember they like to play favorites during games, and of course, no one is allowed any where near Brady... Yeah, the replacements were really bad, but at least they were equally bad to both teams....

THAT would never happen!

photo-5339.jpg?_r=0

So… playing without an ACL is harder or easier than playing with a damaged one?

idk, did Thurman not have one, or did they just decide not to reconstruct after having a look? I thought the latter. But whatever he seemed Ok for a whole career until another knee injury in Miami that ended it, whereas Mankins required surgery to keep playing. also, fwiw Schefter thinks what Mankins did was likely unprecedented: "Schefter adds that Mankins may be the only player in NFL history to have played an entire season with a torn ACL."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4729269/schefter-mankins-had-torn-acl-all-season

idk, did Thurman not have one, or did they just decide not to reconstruct after having a look? I thought the latter. But whatever he seemed Ok for a whole career until another knee injury in Miami that ended it, whereas Mankins required surgery to keep playing. also, fwiw Schefter thinks what Mankins did was likely unprecedented: "Schefter adds that Mankins may be the only player in NFL history to have played an entire season with a torn ACL."

http://espn.go.com/b...-acl-all-season

Well it's rare to play without one also… but of the three noteworthy individuals that did, two of them are in the Hall of Fame and one might be… Thurman Thomas, John Elway, and Hines Ward.

Interesting stuff.

It's still not clear to me TT didn't have one. per my recollection (which can certainly be wrong), I thought they had a look, did some orthroscopic work, and decided to leave everything else alone in there because it looked plenty stable without needing a total reconstruct. In Mankins case the point being made is he had nothing done ... no othroscopic, nothing, didn't even know it was fully torn ... other than self-administered ice and aspirin, he just kept playing on it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Thurman Thomas is irrelevant at this point.

The discussion is about playing with a damaged ACL vs playing entirely without one.

John Elway and Hines Ward played without ACLs.

I'm not sure what it means but it sure is damn interesting. Makes you wonder how many (if any) relatively anonymous players played without ACLs.

In this League you take any advantage you get bc if we beat them weak and that gets us into the playoffs it is better than we lose to them if there good and we miss.

Yes! There are no footnotes in standings. Putting the Pats into a 1-3 hole is the sort of stuff playoff runs are made of.

Exactly. Bills aren't at full strength with Jackson and Spiller injured.

Edited by nucci

Holy cow....do you guys ever sleep? Posts between 2:30 and 5AM. San Hose, probably 11:30 for you when it's 2:30 for me. OK, I hope Kyle, Marcel, Mario and Mark didn't stay up that late. Need them fresh and ready to role.

Ever watch the old Tom & Jerry cartoons? The ones where Tom gets tangled up with a dog? The dog and Tom disappear into a cloud of dust. You hear a bunch of smacking, banging, clanking and clonking noises. Every once in a while you see Tom's head come out of the cloud, each time his face is messed up a little bit more but the dog reaches out and yanks poor Tom back into the cloud.

I woke up this morning with visions of Tom disappearing into a cloud of dust. Only it wasn't Tom Cat. It was Tom Brady.

How many sacks? 5, 6, 8, 9?................11, 12? Ok, 12 is probably stretching it.

Edited by Rockinon