I said I'd be back...

Steel4real

Drew should be the starter IF and ONLY IF he proves he is the best QB on the squad, heres hoping that the coaches and organization really dont go into the off season with Drews the starter mentality but that the job is open for all contenders.  I am just wondering if Drew might suprise us all and retire after the season.  I dont know why but I have a feeling that is a strong possibility

189762[/snapback]

If we start 2005 season with Drew as the best QB on the squad, we are in deep sh--.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew should be the starter IF and ONLY IF he proves he is the best QB on the squad, heres hoping that the coaches and organization really dont go into the off season with Drews the starter mentality but that the job is open for all contenders.   I am just wondering if Drew might suprise us all and retire after the season.  I dont know why but I have a feeling that is a strong possibility

189762[/snapback]

No matter what the coaches say publicly, it is impossible for there to be an "open competition for the QB job. It just doesn't work. They need to know who the QB is going into mini camps in order to be ready for the start of the season.

I would love there to be an open competition, but it won't happen. I know people are mad and I am not trying to appologize for Drew at all, just trying to say that we can whine all we want, it's not going to change this year.

So let's put our energy into something better...like drinking large amounts of alcohol. :doh:

I think a few coaches will look to what Big Ben has done and say "Why Not?" I think for Lossman to be effective, you might need a offensive lineman and a quality WR and you have a nice offense. Your rookie from Wisconsin should step up even more and with another WR threat, you could be quite the nice little offense. You guys seem close.

But Fez you have to admit that maybe its time for Drew to move on or out as the starting QB of this team

I don't know. The little we saw from JPL scares me more than Drew does to be honest. He seems to play like Vick - run first, run second, throw third. Even if you throw out the Patriots game, he still seemed to have happy feet in the other games he played (when not handing the ball off). That scares me a lot.

But with another offseason and training camp, we'll see. In the poll, I voted "undecided." Everyone's calls for heads to roll are all from emotion and not from logic. Need to get a calmer head. If I had to answer now, I'd say start Drew based on what I saw from JPL. That could change between now and the season though. I don't think signing a new QB is an option though -- then we'll have to live through another season of "learning the system," and I don't want that.

CW

Maybe so, but I'm not sitting here defending Drew with no real basis to do it with.

The guy is horrible.

Give me ONE REASON you think this guy can win here?

He's been here for 3 years.

8-8, 6-10, and 9-7.

23-25.

Enough said.

189732[/snapback]

On some bad teams...

Yah... Bledsoe is 2 years older than St. Jim at this stage in his career. Lets compare those "breakthrough" years in the late '80s, where the TEAM was getting more talented as a whole (that is what I am seeing now):

1986: 4-12

1987: 7-8

1988: 12-4

1989: 9-7

That's 23-24 after 3 years. 32-31 after 4 years and at age 30.

Wow... sounds kinda close? He deserves more time here, ONLY 32.

I don't know.  The little we saw from JPL scares me more than Drew does to be honest.  He seems to play like Vick - run first, run second, throw third.  Even if you throw out the Patriots game, he still seemed to have happy feet in the other games he played (when not handing the ball off).  That scares me a lot.

But with another offseason and training camp, we'll see.  In the poll, I voted "undecided."  Everyone's calls for heads to roll are all from emotion and not from logic.  Need to get a calmer head.  If I had to answer now, I'd say start Drew based on what I saw from JPL.  That could change between now and the season though.  I don't think signing a new QB is an option though -- then we'll have to live through another season of "learning the system," and I don't want that.

CW

189778[/snapback]

We don't even have to start J.P. We can have about 25 quarterbacks come in and do the job that Drew is expected to do and do it much better.

His job is to manage the game and not lose it, he's not good at managing the game and he's very good at losing them.

I don't know.  The little we saw from JPL scares me more than Drew does to be honest.  He seems to play like Vick - run first, run second, throw third.  Even if you throw out the Patriots game, he still seemed to have happy feet in the other games he played (when not handing the ball off).  That scares me a lot.

But with another offseason and training camp, we'll see.  In the poll, I voted "undecided."  Everyone's calls for heads to roll are all from emotion and not from logic.  Need to get a calmer head.  If I had to answer now, I'd say start Drew based on what I saw from JPL.  That could change between now and the season though.  I don't think signing a new QB is an option though -- then we'll have to live through another season of "learning the system," and I don't want that.

CW

189778[/snapback]

I agree. People are passing judgement because all of his past baggage and they "want it now mentality." I am sure salary issues affect that... I understand. The goal right now is to keep it together and take it over the top in the next 2 years.

Steel4real... I hope your team goes and wins it all!

189808[/snapback]

Thanks! Like I posted in here a few times. Yinz aren't all that bad. Hell, last year we were 6-10 looking at an 8-8 this year. Like my buddy Geddy Lee says... Anything can happen...

As long as we get another shot at them damn patsies. Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold at Heinz in January... Very cold.

If they do, it won't be by YOUR team.  You will be sitting on the couch (along with your team) watching it though..  :P

189794[/snapback]

It doesnt matter what team, its gonna happen.

Then we'll hear the players saying they feel like they were really the better team and it was almost like a championship year. :doh:

Its the Steeler way.

It doesnt matter what team, its gonna happen.

Then we'll hear the players saying they feel like they were really the better team and it was almost like a championship year.  :doh:

Its the Steeler way.

189820[/snapback]

Yep it sure is.

1-3 and 0-1.

Soon to be 1-4 most likely (that's if SD doesn't trash them in two weeks.)

On some bad teams...

Yah... Bledsoe is 2 years older than St. Jim at this stage in his career.  Lets compare those "breakthrough" years  in the late '80s, where the TEAM was getting more talented as a whole (that is what I am seeing now):

1986: 4-12

1987: 7-8

1988: 12-4

1989: 9-7

That's 23-24 after 3 years.  32-31 after 4 years and at age 30.

Wow... sounds kinda close?  He deserves more time here, ONLY 32.

189787[/snapback]

You can see noticeable improvement with those records though.

The Bills have shown no real noticeable improvement. We have hovered around .500 for 3 years and the team has gotten better each year (talent wise).

We don't even have to start J.P.  We can have about 25 quarterbacks come in and do the job that Drew is expected to do and do it much better.

His job is to manage the game and not lose it, he's not good at managing the game and he's very good at losing them.

189795[/snapback]

And the Bears are having such an easy time after Grossman went down? :doh::(

You can see noticeable improvement with those records though.

The Bills have shown no real noticeable improvement.  We have hovered around .500 for 3 years and the team has gotten better each year (talent wise).

189842[/snapback]

The Bills could have easily been 11-5 this year or 12-4!

It was a product of Williams as a poor coaching choice that they steped back last year...

Continuity wasn't there.

The Bills could have easily been 11-5 this year or 12-4!

It was a product of Williams as a poor coaching choice that they steped back last year...

Continuity wasn't there.

189857[/snapback]

The reason they weren't is in large part due to DREW.

He was horrible in the Raiders game, the second Pats game, today's game, the Ravens game, and the first Jets game.

He is probably the sole reason we lost a couple of those games.