Bills Coaching strategy-- not blitzing (rarely anyway)

Thunderstealer

Like I said. We NEED to switch it up to keep the offense honest. They knew we would rush 3-;4 guys every time so it's easy to gameplan against us. Just like I said it would be. Unles we get more aggressive, we'll never be successful against the good offenses. Period. Change your game plan or get out of buffalo Stache. You suck.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the guys who said bringing 4 pass rushers is the way to beat the Pats? Worked out well huh? Same defense EVERY play. We totally confused the offense with our different looks......not. Great job. I know I'm eating a dead horse, but we aren't going anywhere against the good offenses if we continue this defensive gameplan. It's bs and it hurts watching it

Why is it that rushing four and dropping everyone else into coverage worked well the first 2.5 quarters, but failed miserably after that? (That's not a rhetorical question: I'm genuinely interested in hearing others' opinions.)

Why is it that rushing four and dropping everyone else into coverage worked well the first 2.5 quarters, but failed miserably after that? (That's not a rhetorical question: I'm genuinely interested in hearing others' opinions.)

One team made adjustments and took advantage of what they were seeing. The other is clueless on what it takes to win in today's NFL.

One team made adjustments and took advantage of what they were seeing. The other is clueless on what it takes to win in today's NFL.

Absolutely right. Once the Bills scheme was predictable (heck , it was the same all game), the smarter coaches started to exploit the weaknesses. Wannabe threw nothing new at them to throw them off guard. No blitzes (isn't that what Gilmour was suppose to be good at), no disguised coverage, and played prevent after going up 21-7. It should start bothering Nix and Wilson that this is the same set of defensive coaches that couldn't get Maybin to contribute anything, but within a a couple weeks Rex Ryan found an effective (though specialized) role for him. Our defensive coaches cannot get the best out of our players, and for that reason Wanny should be gone this week. Nix and Gailey should check the stats and find that the D's average points against iAFC east opponents is 50.

Absolutely right. Once the Bills scheme was predictable (heck , it was the same all game), the smarter coaches started to exploit the weaknesses. Wannabe threw nothing new at them to throw them off guard. No blitzes (isn't that what Gilmour was suppose to be good at), no disguised coverage, and played prevent after going up 21-7. It should start bothering Nix and Wilson that this is the same set of defensive coaches that couldn't get Maybin to contribute anything, but within a a couple weeks Rex Ryan found an effective (though specialized) role for him. Our defensive coaches cannot get the best out of our players, and for that reason Wanny should be gone this week. Nix and Gailey should check the stats and find that the D's average points against iAFC east opponents is 50.

Just to add to what you've written: in another thread, Nitro correctly pointed out there were vast differences between what the Giants did to the Patriots in that Super Bowl, and what Wannstedt did on Sunday.

You want to beat Tom Brady watch the 2 super bowl victories NY Giants had over Tom Terrific. That is the blue print to victory. Physical line play, Fill the gaps. Let loose the LBs to run rough shod over the RBs. DBs have to get in the face of Welker and be very physical with him. They did everything possibly wrong on how to defend against the Pats.

I just can't comprehend how a bunch of everyday 9 to 5 Joes talked all week about how we'd better pressure Brady and how that's the way to beat the Pats, and yet come gameday, the people responsible for gameplanning had not figured it out.

I wouldn't even say that the Patriots* adjusted at half time. Just look at the stats. In the first half, they were averaging 9+ yards a carry. The first drive they sliced through the Bills defense. What changed in the second half, was the Patriots* eliminated their mistakes. If it wasn't for the 2 missed FGs and the 2 fumbles, the first half might have been much, much different. I think some fans forget that.

The Patriots ran for big chunks in the first half and nothing was changed by the Bills defense in the second half. Same old Nickel D'.

I wouldn't even say that the Patriots* adjusted at half time. Just look at the stats. In the first half, they were averaging 9+ yards a carry. The first drive they sliced through the Bills defense. What changed in the second half, was the Patriots* eliminated their mistakes. If it wasn't for the 2 missed FGs and the 2 fumbles, the first half might have been much, much different. I think some fans forget that.

The Patriots ran for big chunks in the first half and nothing was changed by the Bills defense in the second half. Same old Nickel D'.

Indeed, the Pats offense was never challenged in this game.

Further, the 1 time Wanny called a blitz in this game, Brady ate him up with the TD pass to Lloyd.

It's a conundrum defending Brady. Sit back and let him pick you apart slowly but surely (like he did for much of Sunday) or blitz him and let him kill you instantly (like he did with that TD pass to Lloyd).