Local Bills fans, what's it like during "Patriot's Week&#3

RevWarRifleman

I got to imagine that w/ the Bills on a role, and now the Pats coming to the Ralph, what's the buzz like around WNY this week? It's got to be pretty exciting.

I know I'm ready for the game, and I live hundreds of miles away from where I grew up in WNY and will be watching on TV. So please share if you would. What's it like with fellow Bills fans around the "water cooler" at work, in the pubs and restaurants and other places?

And for those who have experienced it, the tailgating crazines before the game, as well as the craziness IN the Ralph during a Pats game.

Looking forward to your in-put, Bills fans. Go Bills!!

I rarely hear any sports team talk at work, water cooler or otherwise, and that includes this week.

I think you may grossly overestimate the impact of NFL teams on the general population.

You cannot judge the general population by what you see here :)

It's the exact opposite for me at work. I'd say the majority of non work related conversations that I have at the office are sports related. It could just be that I'm just not that interesting though. :D

It usually sucks because we know we're about to get our ass handed to us and then on gameday we do and there are always a lot of obnoxious pats fans at the stadium lots and at the bars after to rub our faces in it.

Sadly we are forced to accept their theories because of who they have been. That all changed last year and I promise you it changed for our players too. They will not want to go back to being owned by the pats again and it actually looked like that was going to be the way again last year until well you know.

I was hoping the locals had rented out all the 4 star hotels so that Brady had to sleep in a dump. (RE - his comments that Buffalo hotels suck)

the crowd should really be into it by being real loud.

Also they should APPLAUD the refs extra loud when they flag the Putz !!!

Don't know about Saturday night. But, Sunday night Tom Brady will spend it in St. Joe's hospital.

Judging by people here. Probably a bunch of pessimistic patriot apologist who are closet pat fans. The sooner we start kicking their ass on a regular basis and weeding out those people the better

Well put, I agree.

Hi T-Bone! Welcome back.

Naw, nothing special happening this week. We hate the Cheatriots* as much this week as any.

Who is T-Bone?

I was hoping the locals had rented out all the 4 star hotels so that Brady had to sleep in a dump. (RE - his comments that Buffalo hotels suck)

the crowd should really be into it by being real loud.

Also they should APPLAUD the refs extra loud when they flag the Putz !!!

what 4 star hotels?

Well...........pretty calm so far on this topic. Based on past posts about the Pats, I thought I would get some pretty fired-up stories and such. Especially about things going on in the parking lot/tailgating, let alone being in the stands at the Ralph (referencing last year's home game against NE.)

Perhaps its too early in the week yet. I don't know. I do know that it will be hard fought ALL the way through. The Pats have "chinks in their armor" & are vulnerable. And we have upgraded BIG TIME in 2 key areas that we didn't have last year when we beat them: A. a way better O-line, and conversely, B. a WAY better D-line.

Parking lots will ALWAYS be rocking no matter who the opponent

Media - basically everyone is cautiously optimistic. If we keep it close, no major damage done. If it's a Pats blowout, Bills beat 2 crappy teams and we start all over. WHEN we win, then the real talk will start

Crowd - will definitely be louder for this one

Parking lots will ALWAYS be rocking no matter who the opponent

Media - basically everyone is cautiously optimistic. If we keep it close, no major damage done. If it's a Pats blowout, Bills beat 2 crappy teams and we start all over. WHEN we win, then the real talk will start

Crowd - will definitely be louder for this one

Thanks, man.

I agree. This is nothing like what Miami week used to be.

I lived through "0 for the 70's", and also agree 100%, the hatred I had for Miami will never be topped by another NFL team. That victory in 1980, and storming the field is one of my greatest Bills memories.

F*** Schula, Czonka, Kiick, Buoniconti, Little, Anderson, Scott, and the rest of those knuckleheads. :angry:

Sorry it is more than just another game and the excitement level will reflect that. Like the old Dolphins rivalry? Maybe not quite that.

But is is an entirely different level than any other game on the schedule except for the last one of the season this year. And the players are juiced for this one. Please dont tell me that it is just another Sunday at the Ralph.

And dont tell Marcell or Fredex that either. And Brady and Belicheat who stand to lose lot more than just a game if they lose.