Official Mitt Romney Joke Thread

"Yeah! We learned about Search Engine Optimization at school today, mom! Tomorrow, we're going start working on our new project: Intro to Droopal! Some day, we may actually go to college, and get a 4 year degree in computer science! Then, we'll be able to do our data layer properly, won't have to depend on dopey things like ORMs, or anything else that compensates for our lack of programming skills! Now, I'm going to go download this SEO script, because I can't write it myself."

Kindergarten IT? Really. In the face of a massive swell of Romney momentum, Kindergarten IT is your response?

Just a small question: do you think F'ing about with SEO is going to make The Debate :doh: go away? Or, are you just doing this as a cathartic vehicle to help you get over it?

Who the hell uses Droopell these days?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who the hell uses Droopell these days?

1. Spell it right! Dammit! :lol: (For fun I go onto their boards once a month, ask a bunch of questions, and never, ever spell it right)

2. Lots of people. Their footprint is quite large. But, all these people have deluded themselves into believing that they are programmers, or, technical, in some way. They love to tell their clients that. It's like the old "I'm a Certified MS Access Developer" guys were. You try to get them to say that out loud in front of people, especially in the airport bar on Friday, and watch the hilarity ensue. If you wanted to be the biggest troll of all time, commit a module Droopal, and have it work, but every Wednesday, have it fail for .5 hour, the start working again.

Wait, perhaps I should warn you: you could actually end up starting a religion that way.

1. Spell it right! Dammit! :lol: (For fun I go onto their boards once a month, ask a bunch of questions, and never, ever spell it right)

2. Lots of people. Their footprint is quite large. But, all these people have deluded themselves into believing that they are programmers, or, technical, in some way. They love to tell their clients that. It's like the old "I'm a Certified MS Access Developer" guys were. You try to get them to say that out loud in front of people, especially in the airport bar on Friday, and watch the hilarity ensue. If you wanted to be the biggest troll of all time, commit a module Droopal, and have it work, but every Wednesday, have it fail for .5 hour, the start working again.

Wait, perhaps I should warn you: you could actually end up starting a religion that way.

The irony of that being that I used to do that with my Access databases, back when I was a certified MS Access Developer*. :lol:

*I was young, it was a phase, I was just experimenting. I really work in SQL Server and Oracle.

3rd time this happened in his campaign - months ago it was 2 songs and now this

Peter Berg, writer and director of Friday Night Lights, sent a letter to the Romney campaign to complain that the GOP candidate has co-opted one of the show's signature phrases.

The line in question is "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose."

In addition to Romney's use of the phrase in campaign speeches, it also appears on his Facebook page

and for those too lazy or who can't search for a story on the web

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201210/friday-night-lights-director-mitt-romney-dont-steal-our-phrase

Some? Try most. :lol:

Self medicating Doc?. you just said that most of them showed Bush as worst pres ever. pwned once again.

Peter Berg, writer and director of Friday Night Lights, sent a letter to the Romney campaign to complain that the GOP candidate has co-opted one of the show's signature phrases.

In addition to Romney's use of the phrase in campaign speeches, it also appears on his Facebook page

http://www.thepostga...teal-our-phrase

Is that phrase copyrighted or is he just being a whiny little B word like the left oftentimes is?

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201210/friday-night-lights-director-mitt-romney-dont-steal-our-phrase

Self medicating Doc?. you just said that most of them showed Bush as worst pres ever. pwned once again.

Yeah, okay. How old are you? You can't be older than 12.

And unless that phrase is copyrighted, Romney doesn't have to do anything.

http://www.thepostga...teal-our-phrase

So what are you thoughts on Team Obama using Big Bird in a commercial without permission?

'Friday Night Lights' Author Slams Peter Berg's Letter to Mitt Romney

Buzz Bissinger, the author of the Friday Night Lights book that formed the basis for the movie and television show, is slamming the creator of the TV show's letter asking Mitt Romney not to use a key phrase from the show in campaign appearances.

On Friday, Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 film and created the NBC/DirecTV series Friday Night Lights, penned a letter to the Romney campaign calling the Republican presidential candidate's use of the phrase "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose" an act of "plagairism" that "falsely and inappropriately associates Friday Night Lights with the Romney/Ryan campaign." "Your politics and campaign are clearly not aligned with the themes we portrayed in our series," Berg wrote in the letter.

Now Bissinger, who also is Berg's cousin, is responding to the letter in equally vitriolic fashion.

"I love Pete but he is being childish and petulant," Bissinger says in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "He should be flattered that Romney is honoring his show. Obama tried to use the slogan as well but unsurprisingly was ineffective in getting the message across."

In the statement to THR, Bissinger calls out what he sees as hypocricy.

"Berg is just another member of the Hollywood glitterati whose idea of liberalism is making sure their Mexican gardeners get paid only several dollars below minimum wage," he writes. "He has no idea what and who Romney is about. I find his letter uninformed and offensive."

Bissinger also takes Berg to task for calling himself the creator of FNL.

"And I am frankly sick and tired of Berg and everyone else acting as if he was the creator of Friday Night Lights. Without the book there never would have been a television show. He should feel lucky that anyone cares about it."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/friday-night-lights-bissinger-romney-berg-378729

geez, does every repub prez candidate lately have to be the product of a prep school? http://www.npr.org/2012/10/14/162810265/strict-private-school-preghpped-romney-to-aim-hi yes, i know. obama went to one too. but it seems a prerequisite and he seems a prototypical asshat one.

Funny how this would fit right in the lowering the bar thread.

Tell me, how are the dems trying as hard as they can to reform education when all they say is that they need more money....and block, and when they can't block, cry about, every attempt at doing anything different than what has been getting schit results for the last 30 years?

I often find myself asking, no one in particular: who the hell are the conservatives, and who are the progressives, when it comes to education...or lots of things?

In fact, this is the 3rd time I've done that, in the last 4 days. That makes it thread worthy in my book....off to start it.

I often find myself asking, no one in particular: who the hell are the conservatives, and who are the progressives, when it comes to education...or lots of things?

In fact, this is the 3rd time I've done that, in the last 4 days. That makes it thread worthy in my book....off to start it.

OC, education is one of those things that too many people don't understand. I'm an avowed conservative who rebelled against the system and was the "founding father" of a private school. Why did we start it? The community I had just bought a home in California decided to close the elementary neighborhood school and shift the kids off to a school in what was widely known as not so good. We started our own school because we wanted the best for our children. I don't know how to reconcile this with being a consevative. You know, we all like to throw grandma off the bus and eat the children. Anyway, I laugh at the know it alls here that think they actually have had real life experience from lectures they heard before they dropped out of school.

OC, education is one of those things that too many people don't understand. I'm an avowed conservative who rebelled against the system and was the "founding father" of a private school. Why did we start it? The community I had just bought a home in California decided to close the elementary neighborhood school and shift the kids off to a school in what was widely known as not so good. We started our own school because we wanted the best for our children. I don't know how to reconcile this with being a consevative. You know, we all like to throw grandma off the bus and eat the children. Anyway, I laugh at the know it alls here that think they actually have had real life experience from lectures they heard before they dropped out of school.

See...that's what I'm talking about:

The "progressive" thing to do, by the book definition, is to start that new school and make avid use of the technology that is available to you to make that school a significant improvement upon the existing system. (EDIT: Be warned, strict adherence to this definition, given the context of California, may result in exposure to Deepak Chopra, a new school of thought/technology to be sure, but one that will get your kids beat up in high school)

That's the by the book definition, especially the using technology part. That part makes it a literal, and model, "progressive" choice.

The conservative thing to do, also by the book, would be to support the existing system, and demand that others do as well, because the institution has always provided results, and, your school is either a determent to that system and therefore counter-productive, or, because it deviates, will NOT get the results the the existing system has.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

See...that's what I'm talking about:

The "progressive" thing to do, by the book definition, is to start that new school and make avid use of the technology that is available to you to make that school a significant improvement upon the existing system. (EDIT: Be warned, strict adherence to this definition, given the context of California, may result in exposure to Deepak Chopra, a new school of thought/technology to be sure, but one that will get your kids beat up in high school)

That's the by the book definition, especially the using technology part. That part makes it a literal, and model, "progressive" choice.

The conservative thing to do, also by the book, would be to support the existing system, and demand that others do as well, because the institution has always provided results, and, your school is either a determent to that system and therefore counter-productive, or, because it deviates, will NOT get the results the the existing system has.

Not sure what you are saying, but we were wildly successful for a short period of time (which was predictable). We used the "home school" provision in the California Constitution to actually set up a community school. Made it work for a period of time and got to flip the bird to the !@#$s that wanted my 8 year old daughter to attend an elementary school where sex was common.

Not sure what you are saying, but we were wildly successful for a short period of time (which was predictable). We used the "home school" provision in the California Constitution to actually set up a community school. Made it work for a period of time and got to flip the bird to the !@#$s that wanted my 8 year old daughter to attend an elementary school where sex was common.

Heh...uh...what? Now I'm not sure what you're saying. Sex ed, or sex itself?

What I'm saying is: using the strict, and correct, definition of the word, as long as your school produces better results(and I don't see how that isn't possible, given what I guess? was, at least, the prevention of 8 year-old sex) and relies on new technologies to get that done...you made the literal, progressive choice.

Now, given the "period of time" part, it seems you were unsuccessful for the rest of the time. A true progressive, would identify what went wrong and make a better solution, or, admit that it wasn't working, and cease. So, on this score, it seems you are a progressive as well.

Contrast that with those who demand that we change nothing, and keep doing the same thing, but with more money, expecting a different result.

It's not enough just to do something different, it has to work, and be better.

For example, in my view, having gone through it myself, Montessori is on the fence in terms of being "progressive". In one sense, not having a desk to sit at, and being forced to sit there wait until the dumbest kids got it, and, the mindset of being personally responsible for what I learned each day, has served me well to this day. On the other hand, doing that in a newly desegregated school, or later, in a mix of very rich and very poor? Where everyone was looking to start fights? Not such a good idea.