Official Mitt Romney Joke Thread

Heh...uh...what? Now I'm not sure what you're saying. Sex ed, or sex itself?

What I'm saying is: using the strict, and correct, definition of the word, as long as your school produces better results(and I don't see how that isn't possible, given what I guess? was, at least, the prevention of 8 year-old sex) and relies on new technologies to get that done...you made the literal, progressive choice.

Now, given the "period of time" part, it seems you were unsuccessful for the rest of the time. A true progressive, would identify what went wrong and make a better solution, or, admit that it wasn't working, and cease. So, on this score, it seems you are a progressive as well.

Contrast that with those who demand that we change nothing, and keep doing the same thing, but with more money, expecting a different result.

It's not enough just to do something different, it has to work, and be better.

For example, in my view, having gone through it myself, Montessori is on the fence in terms of being "progressive". In one sense, not having a desk to sit at, and being forced to sit there wait until the dumbest kids got it, and, the mindset of being personally responsible for what I learned each day, has served me well to this day. On the other hand, doing that in a newly desegregated school, or later, in a mix of very rich and very poor? Where everyone was looking to start fights? Not such a good idea.

Our school involved parents as teachers. We purchased our own curriculum and the school was self paced. The teachers were not paid. This is why I said it wasn't going to last unless changes were made. Who's going to work for free when their kids have moved on? We had a great ratio of teacher/parent to student. I know that when we moved back to the east coast my daughter was 2 years ahead at the age of nine.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our school involved parents as teachers. We purchased our own curriculum and the school was self paced. The teachers were not paid. This is why I said it wasn't going to last unless changes were made. Who's going to work for free when their kids have moved on? We had a great ratio of teacher/parent to student. I know that when we moved back to the east coast my daughter was 2 years ahead at the age of nine.

:o

A collective public service that wasn't based on progessive taxation? Or taxation of any kind? How dare you?!

Well, now we know why it didn't work: you didn't tax anybody, you didn't tax people that had nothing to do with your collective, and sent their kids elsewhere, you didn't have any unions, and you didn't have any tenure.

So, what did you expect? Those things that you cited had nothing to do with it. And, no, had you instituted a recruitment program, that replaced the kids that were "graduated", it still wouldn't have worked.

And, you're daughter was only 2 years ahead due to your social/economic status. Her own ability and hard work had nothing to do with that. You should be ashamed for your daughter being better than other kids, as well. Have you even considered what her very existence does to the self esteem of other kids in her class? How dare you?

:lol:

EDIT: On second thought...uh...somebody actually said that part to my mom once. I was a "disruption" because I was finishing my worksheets too fast, and the "solution" was for me to slow down. :lol: I've often said "if i was just a little dumber...".

Tell your daughter: it only gets worse. Just wait until high school. Enjoy!

Edited by OCinBuffalo

He also points out that Hollywood has such a hard time coming up with anything original.

HAHAHAHA oh those Hollywood crackpots ....

Mel Gibson and his Anti Semitic remarks, Chuck Norris and his Video - Warns Of '1,000 Years Of Darkness' Under Obama, and Mr Clint "Empty chair" Eastwood just to name a few radicals.

Oh and Lindsay Lohan threw her support behind Romney. I'm sure Mitt is pround of that vote.

So what are you thoughts on Team Obama using Big Bird in a commercial without permission?

IF Obama uses an image of Big Bird personally when PBS rejects it, Yes he should stop. When he states that defunding PBS which airs educational aids for young children as a good means of lowering the budget, I don't see an issue.

BUT you see they have these things called Super Pac's who go outside the candidates realm of responsibility .... Do you have a vid where Obama says he approves this message on a Big Bird Ad?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

BUT you see they have these things called Super Pac's who go outside the candidates realm of responsibility .... Do you have a vid where Obama says he approves this message on a Big Bird Ad?

It's in the first couple seconds of the ad.

HAHAHAHA oh those Hollywood crackpots ....

Mel Gibson and his Anti Semitic remarks, Chuck Norris and his Video - Warns Of '1,000 Years Of Darkness' Under Obama, and Mr Clint "Empty chair" Eastwood just to name a few radicals.

Only you could turn what I said about Hollywood, and have said about Hollywood on these boards for years into something political. Good job.

Both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have been spotted on the campaign trail sporting the easily recognizable jackets from the popular outdoorsy brand, which sell for $150 to $170 each.

The pair even flashed matching North Face logos when they stood side by side Friday at a rally in Lancaster, Ohio.

It's a choice that North Face founder Kenneth "Hap" Klopp finds "ironic."

"We started in Berkeley in the late 60s ... We were a hippie brand," said Klopp, who hasn't been in contact with the campaign. "When we started, the concept was an iconoclastic approach."

Klopp said he doesn't know whether Romney and Ryan picked up the jackets simply because they liked how they looked or because they support the brand. But he hoped that it was an overt choice to align themselves with North Face's values.

The company is known for its commitment to protecting the environment and creating sustainable products, while encouraging its customers to experience the outdoors.

It's in the first couple seconds of the ad.

Let me play your counterpart Got Link?

Only you could turn what I said about Hollywood, and have said about Hollywood on these boards for years into something political. Good job.

You missed the point -

Here in PPP the Hollywood LOONS are only accepted when they are on the side of the Conservatives.

Both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have been spotted on the campaign trail sporting the easily recognizable jackets from the popular outdoorsy brand, which sell for $150 to $170 each.

The pair even flashed matching North Face logos when they stood side by side Friday at a rally in Lancaster, Ohio.

"We started in Berkeley in the late 60s ... We were a hippie brand," said Klopp, who hasn't been in contact with the campaign. "When we started, the concept was an iconoclastic approach."

Klopp said he doesn't know whether Romney and Ryan picked up the jackets simply because they liked how they looked or because they support the brand. But he hoped that it was an overt choice to align themselves with North Face's values.

The company is known for its commitment to protecting the environment and creating sustainable products, while encouraging its customers to experience the outdoors.

You missed the point -

Here in Pollyana land the - Hollywood LOONS are only accepted when they are on the side of the Conservatives.

You asking someone for a link is a joke. You rarely post a link and when someone asks you to provide one you rudely tell them to look up the info themselves.

You missed the point -

Here in PPP the Hollywood LOONS are only accepted when they are on the side of the Conservatives.

Do you know how to link **** you !@#$ing retard?

It's a telling sign of the times when the Obama meme three weeks before the election is looking for the irony in R&R's fashion choices. Truly amazing.

Actually "asshat" would describe Barry to a "T." And you'll find most Dems politicians sending their kids to prep schools.

Where do your kids go to school Doc? I'm sure an Anesthesiologist "of good standing" wouldn't DARE to send his kids to a private school.

You missed the point -

I find R&R's choice in outerwear less ironic than guys like Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and Ice Cube selling out to the man and pushing stuff like gum and beer.

Where do your kids go to school Doc? I'm sure an Anesthesiologist "of good standing" wouldn't DARE to send his kids to a private school.

Public school. My wife and I moved to a burb with an excellent school system.

And I went to public school, then private for 3rd and 4th grade, then public for the remainder. So I've experienced both sides.

Republican Rep. Paul Ryan stopped by a soup kitchen in Youngstown, Ohio, over the weekend for what seemed to be your typical campaign photo opportunity. During his 15-minute visit on Saturday morning, the vice presidential candidate donned a white apron and offered to wash some dishes that—as several bloggers and a pool reporter later pointed out—did not appear to be dirty.

But according to the president of Mahoning County's St. Vincent De Paul Society, the faith-based charity that runs the soup kitchen, the campaign did not have permission and "ramrodded their way" into the facility.

------------------------

for the LAZY sloths who cannot do their own work and want everything provided to them

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

could that be considered trespassing?

Edited by Just Jack

Republican Rep. Paul Ryan stopped by a soup kitchen in Youngstown, Ohio, over the weekend for what seemed to be your typical campaign photo opportunity. During his 15-minute visit on Saturday morning, the vice presidential candidate donned a white apron and offered to wash some dishes that—as several bloggers and a pool reporter later pointed out—did not appear to be dirty.

They appeared to be clean because those starving Obamaville (oh yes I did) residents licked them clean.