6. Has Obama swept Romney away?

9/5/12

7. Pity party: Suck it up, media

9/4/12

8. Michelle Obama in love

9/3/12

9. Obama comes to bat

9/2/12

Roger Simon is the Chief Political Columnist of Politico. He grew up on the South Side of Chicago, He writes 2-3 Pro Obama articles a week and if Ducky thinks his latest "Stench" has any type of real significance thats......

TOO FUNNY.

Edited by B-Man

@DuckDodgers, I envision Inside The Beltway Tom as a 60 something white male, who is upper middle class, probably was an engineer, or CPA (something technical) due to the rigidity he approaches debate. The guy has been retired probably for 10-15 years. Ex-government worker (IRS, FBI) collecting a government pension and social security and Medicare all the while talking these programs down so long as he gets his.

Feel free to respond Tommy boy.

@DuckDodgers, I envision Inside The Beltway Tom as a 60 something white male, who is upper middle class, probably was an engineer, or CPA (something technical) due to the rigidity he approaches debate. The guy has been retired probably for 10-15 years. Ex-government worker (IRS, FBI) collecting a government pension and social security and Medicare all the while talking these programs down so long as he gets his.

So you're wrong about that as well :lol:

Roger Simon is the Chief Political Columnist of Politico. He grew up on the South Side of Chicago, He writes 2-3 Pro Obama articles a week and if Ducky thinks his latest "Stench" has any type of real significance thats......

TOO FUNNY.

Ahh but it does have significance....to the people who are more interested in affirmation than information, and by that are locks to vote for Obama. You know: the emote-first, think-never people. It has significance in that it keeps telling them not to worry...Obama will be fine.

These aren't political essays....designed to convince people of their worthiness, or Obama's. No. These are pieces designed for a single purpose: stave off the slow-boiling panic....that the election is a little over a month away...and Obama still hasn't built the lead that will allow him to overcome the undecided voter/IND 3-5% that always swings towards the challenger in the end.

That fact, and the fact that the race remains a statistical tie, despite all of the money Obama has already blown and all of the non-stories that are brought up each week, with 0 real movement in the data....is a cause for real concern.

But really, what else can Roger Simon do? I mean, if we are to be objective...how can we fault them for doing the only thing they have?

On the flip side, I think Romney's campaign has been foolish to keep responding to these 1.5 day stories...and not ignoring them. I see that as the main reason Romney isn't leading right now. It will come down to the debates...and I think Romney is holding his cash in reserve...looking to pounce on the gaffes that I am almost certain will come from Obama...sans teleprompter.

The trouble for Romney is: I don't know if that will work. I'd much rather see a positive message, and a "here's how we plan to do it" because I think that will motivate people more than "look at how much of a dope Obama is" will. We already know Obama's results are bad. We need to know that Romney's will be better.

Probably not even from Buffalo!

Wow. DuckDodgers and Biggie Scoobie together! It's like watching the creation of a Captain and Tennille cover band.

And you and Tom? What are you two? Skipper and Gilligan?