Blueprint for success in the NFL

SUNTANBILLSFAN

Three points to make why we will contend this year!

1. Stop the Run! after 3 weeks excluding garbage time we have shut down 3 running backs.

2. Run the ball! Our OL has played lights out I feel they have been the best unit every week! Cordy Glenn has been awesome (Just because we would have raked him over the coals already! Ask Philly how our former left tackles worked out for them!

3. Learn to win! Yesterday in past years we would have folded and lost that game, but mostly because of my last 2 points we came out of our funk (after losing CJ) and won quite handly! We are learning how to handle adversity. Remember how backups torched us in years past that was because of attitude and their teams knew how to win.

Now as we embark on 3 tough games I am confident we can win them all because of attitude and the concept of team!

GO Bills

I agree, Chan has to see that we can only pass if we can run effectively. We can only win if we play press/blitz/and stop the run.

Looking ahead to the NE game I see the matchups as follows:

1. We run better than they do

2. We stop the run better than they do.

3. We put pressure on the QB better than they do

4. Our DB's are at least as good as theirs are.

5. Their receiving core is better than ours.

6. Their QB is better than ours.

7. Their LB are as good as ours or as worse.

8. Our O-Line is best in the game as far as I'm concerned.

This game is going to come down to preparation and controlling the ball and clock. We absolutely MUST pressure Tom Brady every snap, and we absolutely MUST play press coverage. No Zone coverage, or keep it to a minimum. Our LB's MUST watch for screens and quick slants on blitz packages. If we can execute we can beat the Pat's again at home, and I'd be ok with that as I'm bringing my 7 year old daughter to her first Bills game live!!! Great seats, she's going to love it, or be incredibly bored.. LOL

Tim-

In addition, don't forget the other 2 most important things to win any football game at any level.

- win the turover battle

- convert on the majority of 3rd down plays

Like the Ravens, most importantantly is to have at least one more point than the pats* at the final gun. I think that is very critical in winning.

The pats o-line looked pretty good last night. We were able to pressure Cassell and Wheedon. The pats didn't even use Gronk except to block last night and Welker tore the vaunted Ravens D apart. So did Branch. If we give Brady as much time as we gave Wheedon on too many plays yeaterday, it will be a long game. Stopping the run won't mean much--they had 19 passing 1st downs last night.

This run and stop the run mentality is so 1970s/1980s. We live in the age of the Quarterback, the passing Era. Every team that has won the Super Bowl since 2000, had either an elite QB, or a overpowering defense or both.

This is correct. But like all games, this will come down to matchups. The Ravens got no pressure on TB for most of the game, and he dissected a very good secondary, much better than the Bills. NE uses short passes as a running game, so their rushing stats may be misleading. Their OL is getting healthy and is a pretty good group. The Bills DB's do NOT match up well the Pats WR's. Our LB's are not good at coverage, so we are at extreme disadvantage here. Their best attribute is pursuit on running plays, not a huge factor against a team like NE. Our DL must have a monster game at pressuring TB to have any chance of limiting their success. As for the Bills O, we do not have anything resembling a Flacco type QB. We will not be able to push the ball down the field. The one X factor we could have, Spiller, will not be available. At best, a solid if not game breaking running game will give us a few opportunities to sustain drives with play action. This is the only way I can see Fitz having enough space in the NE secondary to complete throws and not turn it over. If he is forced to fit passes into tight coverage, it will be a long day for our D.

This run and stop the run mentality is so 1970s/1980s. We live in the age of the Quarterback, the passing Era. Every team that has won the Super Bowl since 2000, had either an elite QB, or a overpowering defense or both.

being able to pound the rock closes out games and makes teams change schemes and coverages because we can do both. no team one dimensional has won the superbowl either

Three points to make why we will contend this year!

1. Stop the Run! after 3 weeks excluding garbage time we have shut down 3 running backs.

2. Run the ball! Our OL has played lights out I feel they have been the best unit every week! Cordy Glenn has been awesome (Just because we would have raked him over the coals already! Ask Philly how our former left tackles worked out for them!

3. Learn to win! Yesterday in past years we would have folded and lost that game, but mostly because of my last 2 points we came out of our funk (after losing CJ) and won quite handly! We are learning how to handle adversity. Remember how backups torched us in years past that was because of attitude and their teams knew how to win.

Now as we embark on 3 tough games I am confident we can win them all because of attitude and the concept of team!

GO Bills

In addition, don't forget the other 2 most important things to win any football game at any level.

- win the turover battle

- convert on the majority of 3rd down plays

I believe red zone TD percentage is an important metric too.

So far the Bills have done very well in this area.