NE/Ravens Sunday Night Thread

Kelly the Dog

I am so tired of hearing about the Refs and is the only reason I want the regular officials back

People act like the reg officials are actually good

There's a noticeable drop off. It effects the game, it effects the viewing experience. Do you really think there's no drop off in talent of the crews?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, in any other sport if a head coach or manager puts his hands on an official like that it's a suspension, not just a fine. Will Goodell do the right thing?

No head coach has ever been suspended for it before in the nfl, correct? Precedent says fine, I believe.

No head coach has ever been suspended for it before in the nfl, correct? Precedent says fine, I believe.

Just curious - when has a coach ever done it? The only time I can remember is JoePa a few years ago in college and if I recall right nothing was done because it was JoePa. Which should have foreshadowed a few things...

Not saying its never happened. Bumping the ref, yes. But grabbing the guy?

This game was an embarassment for the NFL:

24 penalties, 215 yards

13 first downs on penalties

Hochuli and Walt "Just give it to 'em" Colmean might not be perfect but there were so many incorrect and phantom penalties in that game that even my girlfriend that barely watches football was amazed.

For sure, highly entertaining to see what happened at the end but this just serves to piss NE* off even more and gives them extra motivation to kick ass next week. Not exactly what I want to see as a Bills fan.

Also, circumstances are different now. The league has been very clear to coaches and players about laying off the substitutes. Goodell likes to make examples. He likes the severed head in the town square. This would be that. Nice image, eh? :)

Just curious - when has a coach ever done it? The only time I can remember is JoePa a few years ago in college and if I recall right nothing was done because it was JoePa. Which should have foreshadowed a few things...

Not saying its never happened. Bumping the ref, yes. But grabbing the guy?

I can't think of one offhand but being not in gameplay, and it being rather minor contact.... Id guess we don't remember because the nfl fines not suspends. I remember hearing no HC has been ejected for interaction with the officials last week, so i assume that would mean fines.

Joe pa would be irrelevant regardless

Also, circumstances are different now. The league has been very clear to coaches and players about laying off the substitutes. Goodell likes to make examples. He likes the severed head in the town square. This would be that. Nice image, eh? :)

Won't happen. I'd be absolutely shocked.

I will be honest with you I have no idea what a D1 referee is, but I assume collage. And he turned down $100,000 to go to the NFL? Are the regular NFL ref's busting heads on the picket line?

Think the nflra would ever hire him down the line?

Think the announcers and fans would beat up any crew?

Think they want to be grouped with guys that haven't been promoted to D1 yet (ie hit a bigger stage with a less talented crew than they are on already)?

Think the nflra would ever hire him down the line?

Think the announcers and fans would beat up any crew?

Think they want to be grouped with guys that haven't been promoted to D1 yet (ie hit a bigger stage with a less talented crew than they are on already)?

Not to mention, bailing on their D1 job in September would probably mean they wouldn't have any job at all once the NFL settles the dispute with the regular officials.