If robots took over the Earth...what model form would they take?

boyst

Soooo...I have been on the tractor doing quite a bit of work this week/weekend. It gets boring and only so much Stern Show can keep me company. I had watched the Transformers movies this week and it got me wondering...

If there were to be robots taking over the Earth what form would they take? Would it not make sense for them to be in some fashion similar to current animals in our world? After all, natural selection has created the ideal prototypes of life. Doesn't that say a lot to what evolution/God/whoever/whatever happened/created to make us?

A few specific thoughts: Wheels would be the only difference. Living species do not have them.

Robots similar to alligators, wild cats/dogs, and rabbits would flourish. I do not know if a robot would want to be modeled similar to a human; our intelligence and thumbs have done everything for our species.

Anyway, maybe this does not get much for responses, but it had me thinking. Any thoughts?

Edited by jboyst62

Maybe they are already here, and they just kinda blend, ya know? If I was an intergalactic alien robot tasked to conquer earth, I'd start my recon of earthlings by associating with the weak-minded parts of the population, because they would be less likely to notice discrepancies in my cover story while I improved by "camoflage" techniques.

Seems like NFL fan websites would be an ideal place to start - - they are a haven for the weak-minded, and require no initial face-to-face contact. Over time, my on-line interactions with humans would allow me to get better at avoiding obvious discrepancies in my cover story.

For example, I wouldn't want to blow my cover by claiming to be a Carolina farmer who listens to Howard Stern!

P.S. I've heard that the human eye is one of the more difficult anatomical features to replicate. I think that's why Harrison Ford used eye scanners to detect replicants in Blade Runner.