This Board is Educational, Let's Go Buffalo!

I have been educated since coming to this board. I now know the meaning of "blumpkin" "tube steak" and "dirty Sanchez", so I'm trying to return the favor and edumacate y'all.

The word for today is "lugubrious".

Definition of LUGUBRIOUS

: mournful; especially : exaggeratedly or affectedly mournful <dark, dramatic and lugubrious brooding — V. S. Pritchett>

: dismal <a lugubrious landscape>

lu·gu·bri·ous·ly adverb

lu·gu·bri·ous·ness noun

After the Bills suffered a humiliating defeat in game one, the atmosphere on this board became lugubrious, and remained so despite a solid win in week 2.

What will it take to turn it around and get some positive, current Bills football discussion going around here?

I know for me, it's hard to get my hopes up too high because of the strong start last year followed by the dismal finish, but goodness, enough is enough.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Positives:

CJ coming on strong

0 turnover on offense game 2

Better secondary play game 2

Better LB play from Shep than the preseason led me to hope for

Strong DL game 2. "The Bill Collectors"

Kyle FREAKIN! Williams. Fullbacks beware!

CORDY GLENN! The "Glennerator"

The OL in general - "Got Wood?" The Woodshed

Signs that Gailey may actually be able to be flexible and adjust away from the pass-o-matic spread offense he's been running towards "whatever works"

Whadda you got to add to this, TBD Bills fans? Let's get some Mojo on! Let's Go Buffalo!

Hopeful about my Bills,

Hopeful

PS In honor of the Senator: 18-1 Baby!

Edited by Hopeful

Fitz performing at a high level will get the masses talking positive. This Browns game will be a great time for him to shine. Their secondary is getting handled right now. We know they will be stacking the box to slow CJ down, but if Fitz lights it up against this team, all will be well in Bills world. I think he can do it.

There was some lugubriousness on the board as well as pathos and ennui after the opening day loss.

But there was also a helluva lot of ANGER.

I know. I was soooo disgusted I had to stay away from the board for a couple of days. The thing that really ticked me off was the beer bet on the game....lol.

Fitz performing at a high level will get the masses talking positive. This Browns game will be a great time for him to shine. Their secondary is getting handled right now. We know they will be stacking the box to slow CJ down, but if Fitz lights it up against this team, all will be well in Bills world. I think he can do it.

This is it pretty much. Everyone knows that the Bills are going nowhere without strong QB play and I think confidence in Fitz is at an all time low. Even is last weeks win he was really pretty mediocre. IF he can light it up this week then you'll probably see some optimism return.

There was some lugubriousness on the board as well as pathos and ennui after the opening day loss.

But there was also a helluva lot of ANGER.

Anger, yes. Not so much on the ennui. But we've def. faded into lugubriousness. Can't even get a good positive thread rolling!

C'mon peeps! Talented DL, multiple sacks last week, talented OL, no sacks given up/monster run blocking. Rising star at RB. Rising star at TE.

Talented young DBs. Whatcha got? Take the challenge! Be positive!

Edited by Hopeful

Anger, yes. Not so much on the ennui. But we've def. faded into . Can't even get a good positive thread rolling!

C'mon peeps! Talented DL, multiple sacks last week, talented OL, no sacks given up/monster run blocking. Rising star at RB. Rising star at TE.

To use such a benign euphemism as "anger" to decribe the apoplectic rantings of certain highly-predictable prophesiers-of-doom, after the Bills' week-one anomaly, would be meiotic.

However, last Sunday's overwhelming victory back home at "The Ralph" seems to have, for the most part, ameliorated the penultimate week's lugubrious lamentations.

My prognostication for this week's Battle of Lake Erie...

Buffalo Bills 103

Cleveland Browns - 0

Don't give up the ship.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! :beer:

Anger, yes. Not so much on the ennui. But we've def. faded into lugubriousness. Can't even get a good positive thread rolling!

It all starts in the trenches and for the first time in over a decade we have a strong O-line and a strong D-line. It's all coming together. That's when you get a team where you can plug and play "skill" positions and keep on rolling.