Daddy-daughter dances 'violate civil rights'

This from King of Stupid? Don't blame Dave for lack of intelligence on your board, you are here enough, like all the time, not Dave. Look in the mirror a-hole

Dave & Ducky, the 2 D's. I'd call them Dumb and Dumber but don't know if one person deserves both titles.

This is the kind of story Fox news jumps on and appeals to the "traditionalist" who thinks America is under attack by the left and law. This is a stupid non-story. Who cares about this and why would anyone get worked up? Unless it's just one sign of America being destroyed! hehe...now you have a guy running for state senate on the platform of "I will restore FAther-Daughter dances!"...idiocy

Edited by TheNewBills

This is the kind of story Fox news jumps on and appeals to the "traditionalist" who thinks America is under attack by the left and law. This is a stupid non-story. Who cares about this and why would anyone get worked up? Unless it's just one sign of America being destroyed! hehe...now you have a guy running for state senate on the platform of "I will restore FAther-Daughter dances!"...idiocy

LOL.....wow, quite a bit of bias showing in that reply NB.

You're aware that the op's link is from the Providence Journal....right?

Rhode Island school bans father-daughter dances, says they break the law
    NBCNews.com

RI School System: Dad-Daughter Dances Violate Law
    ABC News

Cranston Schools In Rhode Island Ban Father-Daughter, Mother-Son

www.huffingtonpost.com/...

Some other "Redneck Rhode Island sites, that don't know when something is not newsworthy.....lol

What is your point B-Man? I said it's the kind of story that Fox news often features...which appeals to the traditionalist who feels under attack. It's a non-story of fluff and things that don't matter. I read the story I knwo the specific link here was from some Rhode Island source w/ nothing else to talk about...my point is that this is a stupid story to care about, which it is. But predictably you see the cascade of responses "Oh lord what is the world coming to"..."Oh lord the PC of our society" "Oh my God this is pathetic" etc

:) ... it's just stupid.

Edited by TheNewBills

What is your point B-Man? I said it's the kind of story that Fox news often features...which appeals to the traditionalist who feels under attack. It's a non-story of fluff and things that don't matter. I read the story I knwo the specific link here was from some Rhode Island source w/ nothing else to talk about...my point is that this is a stupid story to care about, which it is. But predictably you see the cascade of responses "Oh lord what is the world coming to"..."Oh lord the PC of our society" "Oh my God this is pathetic" etc

Yes, the ACLU getting father-daughter dances outlawed is stupid. Which was the purpose of the thread. And just a further example of how liberal policies are destroying this country. Doesn't matter what news outlet reported it.

Yes, the ACLU getting father-daughter dances outlawed is stupid. Which was the purpose of the thread. And just a further example of how liberal policies are destroying this country. Doesn't matter what news outlet reported it.

Any passionate reaction to this story is stupid.

Any passionate reaction above and beyond "Oh my God, what a complete !@#$ing waste of time*," that is.

*Both in the suit, and in writing a law so poorly that it can be interpreted as banning father-daughter dances.

yeah it's obamas fault Nanker! OYE :rolleyes:

I'd have told the mother to go find the girl's father or shut the !@#$ up.

Classless I mean classy Doc.

Can you go out and chase down the 50% of divorcees for us ? Thanks we'll wait for you to finish.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Can you go out and chase down the 50% of divorcees for us ? Thanks we'll wait for you to finish.

So that's justification for ruining it for everyone else? I'll answer: no it's not.

You know, I tried to 'tard up the thread earlier, but no one bit.

Clearly I'm not in your league. All Hail The King 'Tard, BF4E! :worthy:

I agree that this is stupid. Stupid enough to object strenuously to the overreaching political correctness that is permiating today's society. I am of the belief that this is just one tiny little step in the erosion of the society that we know/knew. Those that laugh it off will one day wake up wondering why society dictates that they have to give equal sack time to both Jack and Jill.

Yes, the banning of father-daughter dances is so stupid that the administrator and anyone else having anything to do with this should be ridiculed unmercifully. They should be made laughingstocks, and future attempts at bs like this should make the people suggesting it think twice.

It is stupid. It's an extension of the erroneous philosophy that gave us the wonderfully retarded concept of 'hate crimes'. There were many solutions to this problem that could have been implemented before the ACLU fouled it up so badly. As much good as the ACLU does (and I believe it does do some good) it's also victimized by the cray-crays who run it and can't resist pushing it one step too far...

It is stupid. It's an extension of the erroneous philosophy that gave us the wonderfully retarded concept of 'hate crimes'. There were many solutions to this problem that could have been implemented before the ACLU fouled it up so badly. As much good as the ACLU does (and I believe it does do some good) it's also victimized by the cray-crays who run it and can't resist pushing it one step too far...

^^ What he said.

And it's unfair to lay this kind of stupidity at the feet of "liberals," just like it's unfair to lay the stupidity of Westboro Baptist at the feet of all Christians/Conservatives.

So that's justification for ruining it for everyone else? I'll answer: no it's not.

It's a stupid law Doc, but the reference ot finding the dad was dumb.

but hey pick on the liberal when you make a classy comment

Another question how long has the law been on the books ? Stupid laws have been around for too long and after x number of years they should be purged.

It's a stupid law Doc, but the reference ot finding the dad was dumb.

but hey pick on the liberal when you make a classy comment

Another question how long has the law been on the books ? Stupid laws have been around for too long and after x number of years they should be purged.

Why is finding the dad, or a male figure stand-in, so that everyone else doesn't have to suffer, dumb?

Never said it was BO's fault. I said its the kind of progress that progressives yearn for. It's not just BO, it's the entire ultra left. They won't be happy BF4E till they have your nuts in a jar.