Daddy-daughter dances 'violate civil rights'

This just unconscionable. I can't believe that there is not a grandfather, uncle, or someone family friend that would not take this child to the dance.

Not the point. It still wouldn't be her father, and lack of the presence of the father is what makes it discriminatory and a violation of equal protection.

Not the point. It still wouldn't be her father, and lack of the presence of the father is what makes it discriminatory and a violation of equal protection.

You are absolutely correct. How ever there are times when you break from protocol, bend the rules, or laws and I think this was one those times that should have happened.

I think the kids with both Moms and Dads should have them taken away from them and distributed to the kids who don't have one of them. Why should they have something that the less fortunate don't have? Of course doing that would leave the kids who had a mom or dad taken from them in the same pool. But it still sounds more fair to me.

This ruling is akin to cancelling proms, since there are people who can't find prom dates. Stupid.

Yes. I'm all for that too. The only fair alternative is to have the kid's parents put all the money into a pool and then have the prom organizers distribute an equal share to each of the prom goers. Of course, they have to do away with that silly "King and Queen" of the prom stuff. Maybe they should make all of them Dukes and Duchesses or better - Princes and Princesses, as Duchess is a term associated with married people. And, we all know that marriage is in the dumpster these days.

You are absolutely correct. How ever there are times when you break from protocol, bend the rules, or laws and I think this was one those times that should have happened.

Way to miss the point.

HIGH SCHOOL DANCES ARE NOT A CIVIL RIGHT. That's the real stupidity. It's a dumb person who sues thinking it is, and a dumb law that can even remotely be interpreted as such.

Yes. I'm all for that too. The only fair alternative is to have the kid's parents put all the money into a pool and then have the prom organizers distribute an equal share to each of the prom goers. Of course, they have to do away with that silly "King and Queen" of the prom stuff. Maybe they should make all of them Dukes and Duchesses or better - Princes and Princesses, as Duchess is a term associated with married people. And, we all know that marriage is in the dumpster these days.

Just change them to "Barack" and "Michele". And instead of a sash or whatever the hell the Prom Barack and Michele get, just give them a Nobel Prom Prize.

They need to ban dances across the board because not everyone is able to enjoy them. Some people are too shy or unattractive to get a date and are therefore left out and have to sit in the lonely corner with a longing gaze out at the dance floor watching others have what he/she can't. It's wrong, I tell you. Wrong!