Funny stuff

gantrules

Many of you are complaining about Drew's inability to pick up the blitz coming on the infamous fumble return.

I remember in week 1 when Peyton got blitzed off the left side and never picked it up knocking the Colts out of FG range against the Pats.

Does this one play epitomize the futility of Peyton Manning? Or does the 49 TD's and the playoff berth he's brought for the last few years show what he's all about. One play does not a player define.

Now before you all flame away. Drew B assisted this team in a comeback of unheard of proportions. You all got to watch meaningful football in January. It's been years since that's happened.

This team has the potential to win the division next year. Billieve.

Go Bills.

Yeah, I figured this was the response I'd get..... 0:)

Bunch of frickin intellectuals in here.

189108[/snapback]

Come on now. You are trying to draw comparisons based on one Peyton Manning play. Thats ridiculous! Now if Peyton made it a habit and it was the story of most of his career then you can draw a comparison

Yeah, I figured this was the response I'd get..... 0:)

Bunch of frickin intellectuals in here.

189108[/snapback]

We have to talk slow so that people can understand us. :doh:

In a way, Manning and Bledsoe are both statues in that they don't move around much. The difference is that Manning gets the job done, and Drew doesn't.

We have to talk slow so that people can understand us.  0:)

In a way, Manning and Bledsoe are both statues in that they don't move around much.  The difference is that Manning gets the job done, and Drew doesn't.

189127[/snapback]

The point was Manning didn't recognize the blitz on that key play and neither did Drew.

It happens. Cost the Colts the game and cost us the game.

Gotta love it that Drew "didn't get the job done" but yet we are complaining that we didn't get in. In January.

Many of you are complaining about Drew's inability to pick up the blitz coming on the infamous fumble return.

I remember in week 1 when Peyton got blitzed off the left side and never picked it up knocking the Colts out of FG range against the Pats.

Does this one play epitomize the futility of Peyton Manning? Or does the 49 TD's and the playoff berth he's brought for the last few years show what he's all about. One play does not a player define.

Now before you all flame away. Drew B assisted this team in a comeback of unheard of proportions. You all got to watch meaningful football in January. It's been years since that's happened.

Go Bills.

189094[/snapback]

One dumb post does not a poster make smart!

2 pocket QB's

Peyton- 495 att 335 comp 67.7% 4551 yards 49 TD's 10 int's 121.4 passers rating, AND 13 sacks

Drew- 420 att 240 comp 57.1% 2743 yards 20 TD's 15 int's 77.9 passers rating AND 34 SACKS!

Hmmm... worse complt %, A little over 1/2 the yards, 5 more ints, a MUCH worse passers rating, and almost 3 times the numbers of sacks! Ghee, you right what a stud!

You might have a point, except for the fact that this is NOT the first time Bledsoe has coughed up a fumble (and TD) after failing to notice a blitzer. Recall how the Pats game in Buffalo ended? That's two games this year alone. Several more games last year.

More objective people would call that a trend. But objectivity is NOT something I expect from most Bledsoe apologists.

PTR

Go Bills.

189094[/snapback]

If you were right, I'd agree with you.

The Bills only beat 3 decent teams in the Rams, Seahawks and Jets. Their other six wins game against hapless teams with losing records. And even in those wins, Drew was often mediocre at best. Go back and look at the stats.

The Bills often won DESPITE the play of Drew.

You can't say that about ANY SINGLE Colts game. But I count this many AWFUL for Drew:

1. the Raiders game: Drew was pathetic

2. the jets game

3. the Ravens game: Drew was horrid

4. 2nd NE game: Drew was horrid

5. Against the BROWNS (at HOME) Drew was a pathetic 13-30 for 106 yards and an INT.

6. Bengals: Drew was a pedestrian 16-32 with 2 INTs and a 3.6 yards per pass avg.

7. Today vs. the Steelers. Granted, he didn't get much help by horrid playcalling, but he still looked shaky and scared out there.

There were 4 wins in which his play was merely okay. Any backup QB in this league could have won with the way our defense and ST played in those games.

I don't believe that Drew has much value to this team anymore, and I'll look forward to hearing that we've traded his rights. I wish him well, and honestly think he's a great guy that I'd be proud and lucky to know. But he simply cannot go the distance and make plays when it matters.

Go Bills.

189094[/snapback]

I think you answered your own question. If Manning had the same proclivity for consistently blowing up in the face of a blitz that Bledsoe possesses, you may have a point.

The primary difference is that All-Pro McGinnest's sack of Manning was a rare occurence of a blown call, but you can't say the same about Drew folding in the face of a rush by a 3rd string DB.

Not only did it cost the Colts the game, it also cost them the 2nd seed in the playoffs and a much needed bye week/home playoff game vs the Patriots (likely).

That's OK Gant, we'll have all offseason to hear about how much Drew (and virtually everyone else not named Willis or Takeo) sucks. It's going to be a hoot riding the retard rollercoaster until the draft.

We've already got people slotting positions instead of players in the draft, as if that's a smart way to build a football team. Man, we need a center. It doesn't matter if the best player on the board is Willis Mac, we need to pick the best center. 0:)

----------------

I'll assume this was the point that I didn't make clear enough. I've had information in my tag line before that I am not a Bledsoe fan. But the fact is that we got to the final game of the season with a reason to watch for the first time in four years. I think that's an achievement in itself and rather than pin it on one player and one play why not celebrate the fact that the Bills made it this far with the squad they have. We have a better squad than many of the teams that are in the NFC and going to the playoffs.

In itself I think that is success.

That's OK Gant, we'll have all offseason to hear about how much Drew (and virtually everyone else not named Willis or Takeo) sucks.  It's going to be a hoot riding the retard rollercoaster until the draft.

189195[/snapback]

Alaska Darin sucks. 0:)