Jesus had a wife?

John Adams

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a scrap of papyrus that she says was written in Coptic in the fourth century and contains a phrase never seen in any piece of Scripture: “Jesus said to them, ‘My wife ...’ ”

The faded papyrus fragment is smaller than a business card, with eight lines on one side, in black ink legible under a magnifying glass. Just below the line about Jesus having a wife, the papyrus includes a second provocative clause that purportedly says, “she will be able to be my disciple.”

http://www.nytimes.c...us-wife.html?hp

Cool find.

Edited by John Adams

Written at least 250 years after his death?

Not that I give a hoot either way. Like. Thomas Jefferson, I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus or the supernatural parts of the Bible. He was a teacher whose legend was majorly trumped up by his students, and then, like the game of Telephone, the passing of centuries have only added to the confusion.

based on this, can u imagine that fateful day??? "seriously honey, I was dead for the past 3 days, I couldn't call because I was dead..."

oh sh*t...i hope my above statement doesn't cause an angry mob to attack my apartment...it was meant as a joke....

Edited by The Poojer

When I was in my Officers' Basic Course, our TAC Officer (the guy who made sure we weren't screwing up) was transferred to Ft. Leavenworth (he was Field Artillery & need to get away from the Signal Corps). We had a going away party for him and he was leaving early but admonished the young lieutenants, "Look, nobody get behind the wheel if you've had a few too many. I know you're not looking to slide into a family of six, but you know..." He looks at me and I say, "Sam Kinison, sir."

CPT Cool: "Screw you, Lieutenant Hops."

Hand to god, that's how it happened. I must have listened to that routine a hundred times.

I have long-since believed that Jesus was a mere mortal, so having a wife wouldn't shock me at all.

A Jewish friend of mine raised an interesting observation about the Jesus/Mary Magdalin thing once upon a time

First, two of the widely accepted tenets about Jesus are that he was a Jew and he was crucified sometime in his 30s.

Next, Jews are different from most cultures in that lineage is passed down thru the mother instead of the father.

So that means if Jesus was Jewish, he had a Jewish mother.

If Jesus had a Jewish mother and wasn't married by age 30, the Jewish mother would have nagged him to death long before that business with Judas and Pontius Pilate

...prompting mobs in Rome to kill the Libyan ambassador to Italy...

This is actually pretty funny! LoL...

Yeah Jesus had a wife. And 10 kids. And was a hell of a carpenter

But he also collected food stamps and disability. But never voted, had jury duty, or paid taxes

If any of you ever want to find Jesus, try looking outside a Lowes or Home Depot

Not that he didn't try to vote... They just wouldn't let him, never got that state ID thingy squared away.

Written at least 250 years after his death?

Not that I give a hoot either way. Like. Thomas Jefferson, I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus or the supernatural parts of the Bible. He was a teacher whose legend was majorly trumped up by his students, and then, like the game of Telephone, the passing of centuries have only added to the confusion.

Your beliefs are what they are BUT Thomas Jefferson wrote THE VIRGINIA ACT FOR ESTABLISHING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, in Richmond VA 1786. This Act is the foundation for our Constitutional Freedom of Religion.

If you read that Act, you may see that your views of Jefferson's beliefs may be incorrect, adding to the "confusion."

Your beliefs are what they are BUT Thomas Jefferson wrote THE VIRGINIA ACT FOR ESTABLISHING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, in Richmond VA 1786. This Act is the foundation for our Constitutional Freedom of Religion.

If you read that Act, you may see that your views of Jefferson's beliefs may be incorrect, adding to the "confusion."

The Jefferson Bible was constructed by him cutting out the lines that ascribe supernatural powers, etc.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/05/local/me-beliefs5

His penning law that details religious freedoms for people to worship as they will w/o reproach has literally :censored: -all to do with his personal religious beliefs. I think you're the one who needs to do some reading, dude.