Romney's ridiculous comments on 47% of Americans

fjl2nd

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, anyone that disagrees and fails to provide one shred of evidence for their ideas is an idiot.

Not really, most of the unemployed would be the working poor anyway, so they wouldn't pay any income tax.

News Alert: Not just income taxes are collected by the government. More people working increases payroll tax collection from people and the businesses that have hired them. Plus, lower unemployment leads to more revenue for business which in turn - pay more taxes.

You should really start learning some things about how our economy operates and not just repeat right wing talking points.

And why is that?

Lack of Demand.

Private Debt is too high.

Arguably a liquidity trap.

Uncertainty with "fiscal cliff".

Public Sector cutbacks.

Due to lack of growth due to the restrictive policies of this administration and the fear of the continued growth of restrictive policies if given four more years.

Meh.

Lack of Demand.

Private Debt is too high.

Arguably a liquidity trap.

Uncertainty with "fiscal cliff".

Public Sector cutbacks.

And why haven't the fundamentals improved in 4 years, despite private debt going down and Fed jacking interest rates to all-time lows?

And why haven't the fundamentals improved in 4 years, despite private debt going down and Fed jacking interest rates to all-time lows?

Consumer confidence is still not very high. Debt is still reasonably high, especially due to the collapse of the housing market. That takes time to recover. Luckily, it's showing some positive signs right now.

There is this myth that economic growth was really strong prior to his great recession. It wasn't. The difference was in the amount of jobs that were available. What worries me is that a lot of these jobs are never coming back and our new natural rate of unemployment is higher than we want to believe.

Edited by fjl2nd

News Alert: Not just income taxes are collected by the government. More people working increases payroll tax collection from people and the businesses that have hired them. Plus, lower unemployment leads to more revenue for business which in turn - pay more taxes.

You should really start learning some things about how our economy operates and not just repeat right wing talking points.

Meh.

What do those payroll taxes go to?

SS - facing insolvency before the recession started

Medicaid - facing insolvency before the recession started

The problems we are facing are caused by overspending and lack of fiscal responsibility, not by a lack of taxes on the producers in this country

What do those payroll taxes go to?

SS - facing insolvency before the recession started

Medicaid - facing insolvency before the recession started

The problems we are facing are caused by overspending and lack of fiscal responsibility, not by a lack of taxes on the producers in this country

The unemployment problem was not created by overspending. Don't know where you got that idea.

Not once did I recommend RAISING taxes (tax rates). I want the businesses to do better so they take in more taxable dollars which increases the revenues for the federal government again.

Consumer confidence is still not very high. Debt is still reasonably high, especially due to the collapse of the housing market. That takes time to recover. Luckily, it's showing some positive signs right now.

There is this myth that economic growth was really strong prior to his great recession. It wasn't. The difference was in the amount of jobs that were available. What worries me is that a lot of these jobs are never coming back and our new natural rate of unemployment is higher than we want to believe.

And why is consumer confidence low? Do you think it has anything to do with the worries that sprinkles down from their bosses who worry that their profits will be confiscated?

And why is consumer confidence low? Do you think it has anything to do with the worries that sprinkles down from their bosses who worry that their profits will be confiscated?

Confidence is low because of what happened to us. People stood by and lost everything - houses, 401Ks, jobs, etc. It takes a while to recover.

As for the second part, I don't really think that has much effect. Nobody is planning to "confiscate" anything.

You obviously don't pay attention, so let me put in simple terms what the left has been explaining for the past six months: consumer confidence is low because Americans are racist, need free birth control and Bin Laden is dead.

Edited by LABillzFan

You obviously don't pay attention, so let me put in simple terms what the left has been explaining for the past six months: consumer confidence is low because Americans are racist, need free birth control and Bin Laden is dead.

This nonsense brings NOTHING to the discussion at hand.

I think the video of Romney might actually help him. The libs have been squawking about his tax returns, saying he doesn't pay enough. I've even seen a billboard on the way to work that says "Real Americans pay their fair share of taxes," which I take to be a slam against Romney. So with 47% of Americans not paying any income taxes and many of them receiving tax breaks in order to pay no income tax (just like Romney uses tax breaks and the capital gains rate, again which Barry could have increased within the first year of his administration, if he was truly serious about it), not to mention many being paid to have children they cannot support themselves, is that "fair" and/or "American"?

Confidence is low because of what happened to us. People stood by and lost everything - houses, 401Ks, jobs, etc. It takes a while to recover.

People lost everything? Really? Stock market is peaking, so what's the theory on the recovery of 401k's? If you have good credit, you can get a mortgage. If you don't have good credit, for any reason, not just because you're a deadbeat, you'll have a hard time getting credit because you know, the system is stacked against you and bankers are crooks. You know what's been missing in the debate? More browbeating of bankers to start lending again, but taking away reasonable measures to manage the risk of lending to below prime borrowers. I think we need another commission to see why companies are setting record profits and sitting on massive cash hordes, with nothing better to do but buy back their own stock.

As for the second part, I don't really think that has much effect. Nobody is planning to "confiscate" anything.

Confidence is a fickle emotion and very much influenced by the mood in the environment. So when you get to work, if you're lucky to have a job, and you hear your boss worry that his costs are going up in 2014, his taxes will be much higher, nobody will blame you for worrying about your future employment.

But let's have more people who've never created a job in their lives tell business owners and entrepreneurs what's best for their businesses.

The unemployment problem was not created by overspending. Don't know where you got that idea.

Yes it is, because this administration continues to spend more, and wants the businesses to pay for it. So they drop/not hire employees or move overseas to make up for the loss of income to taxes.

You do not understand cause and effect.

Edited by Gary M

:lol: Tell that to the GM bondholders.

Side note: it's awfully funny to hear Obama's campaign complain about Romney's salient point that "victims" will vote for Obama, when his entire PRESIDENCY has been centered on that very "victim" principle.

Side note: it's awfully funny to hear Obama's campaign complain about Romney's salient point that "victims" will vote for Obama, when his entire PRESIDENCY has been centered on that very "victim" principle.

And you miss the entire point, the US government caused most of that!!!

keep saying the video Romney helps him!! Why do you IGNORE the facts?

18 to 24 year olds in college pay not taxes, injured military people pay not taxes, the elderly pay not taxes!!!!

And as I stated

http://finance.yahoo...-190300071.html

4,000 of the richest in Romney's '47%'

Nobody's really talking about this slice of the pie, but Mitt Romney's "47%" who pay no federal income tax include several thousand of the highest-income households in the country.

The Tax Policy Center estimates that 4,000 households with incomes over $1 million ended up with zero federal income tax liability in 2011. Another 14,000 made between $500,000 and $1 million..

No, anyone that disagrees and fails to provide one shred of evidence for their ideas is an idiot.

Not really, most of the unemployed would be the working poor anyway, so they wouldn't pay any income tax.

So you admit to being an idiot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

excellent news

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

keep saying the video oe Romney helps him!! Why do you IGNORE the facts?

18 to 24 year olds in college pay not taxes, injured military people pay not taxes, the elderly pay not taxes!!!!

And as I stated

http://finance.yahoo...-190300071.html

4,000 of the richest in Romney's '47%'

Nobody's really talking about this slice of the pie, but Mitt Romney's "47%" who pay no federal income tax include several thousand of the highest-income households in the country.

The Tax Policy Center estimates that 4,000 households with incomes over $1 million ended up with zero federal income tax liability in 2011. Another 14,000 made between $500,000 and $1 million..

I thought it was "pay no income tax, and depend on the government for support" or such.

well If Myth can keep his story line straight we might be able ot figure it out.

Which is it? 47% of the people who vote for Obama are dependant on the government or 47 % of the people who don't pay taxes are dependant on the government??

That makes the numbers more of a fallacy Tom.

here is the quote 47 % of the people who vote for Obama who are dependant on the government.

http://politix.topix...rnment-handouts

If all you have is your SS and medicade , guess what Tom. you are dependant on the government.

the wealthy depend on the government to KEEP them profitable!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

1980 Redux

1980 Redux

by Victor Davis Hanson

When young Phaethon (Obama) takes over Helios’s chariot, lots get scorched:

China and Japan in a war of words over more territorial disputes as Asia watches unsure of the U.S. position; more unrest against the U.S. in the Middle East; a new cartoon uproar in France as it evacuates embassies; Americans cannot patrol any longer with the Afghan troops they are supposed to train; Iraq slipping out of the U.S. orbit; Israel and the U.S. at a historic divide; Iran full-speed ahead on nuclear-weapons proliferation; “lead from behind”/ Cairo-speech strategy going up in the smoke of the Arab Spring; Syria — who knows what?; EU warnings on U.S. debt, borrowing, and printing, as weak U.S. growth, unemployment, and energy prices hit the public

— and in reaction we get presidential summits with Letterman, Beyoncé, and Jay-Z as the media goes ballistic over a video in which Romney warns that nearly half the population is becoming dependent on government.